Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Senior Bowl Week: General discussion thread, measurements, workouts, practices, the game

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

All the other analysts seem to think Oruwariye had a bad week. Wonder what they saw. This is why you always take PFF with a grain of salt.

Why would you take PFF with a grain of salt and not the other analysts?

I would generally side with the ones that watch every snap of every player. Random analysts especially the ones watching live watch everybody on the field at the same time. They cannot pay everybody the same attention. They probably have seen like 5 snaps of Oruwariye and made whatever conclusions they've made. This is not a knock on them. It's just the limitation of having to watch 50 something players at the same time unless they were specifically watching Oruwariye the whole week... which I seriously doubt. 

7 hours ago, stitches said:

Why would you take PFF with a grain of salt and not the other analysts?

I would generally side with the ones that watch every snap of every player. Random analysts especially the ones watching live watch everybody on the field at the same time. They cannot pay everybody the same attention. They probably have seen like 5 snaps of Oruwariye and made whatever conclusions they've made. This is not a knock on them. It's just the limitation of having to watch 50 something players at the same time unless they were specifically watching Oruwariye the whole week... which I seriously doubt. 

The thing with PFF is that they just grade without any context, and no one understands their grading system. It’s based on who “won” a rep. Also they don’t grade technique. They’re pure statisticians, and that doesn’t work in football the way it does in baseball. 

49 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The thing with PFF is that they just grade without any context, and no one understands their grading system. It’s based on who “won” a rep. Also they don’t grade technique. They’re pure statisticians, and that doesn’t work in football the way it does in baseball. 

Here's how they grade:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pff-player-grades

• Like 1