Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Era

Dacoltsboi

9 minutes ago, Devildog said:

Hoping for more with CB and FR at the helm.

I'd be OKAY with 1, but 2-3 would be thrilling. 

It could cement Luck at a top 5 QB, if his career plays out well too.

He'd have more than brees, Rodgers, rivers and big ben and manning if he gets 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dacoltsboi said:

14 seasons of manning at 16 seasons of Luck and only 2 superbowls…..

You act like the Patriots two decades of dominance is something that can be easily replicated. It's not. Winning a super bowl is hard. 

Ask the Bill, Browns, Bengals, etc if they would take two Super bowls in 20 years.

54 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I consider being a legitimate contender every year as successful, and any SB win(s) as gravy.

I think the original Colts brass is inclined to agree, which is why we hung banners celebrating the fact... to which the Pats faithful ridicules us for to this day.

3 hours ago, Dacoltsboi said:

How many superbowl victories would you consider as a successful era with Andrew Luck?

Saying he plays an other 8-10 seasons.

Success is not measured by super bowls.  Odds of winning one are 32-1.

The NFL is not like the NBA or the MLB where money buys championships.

24 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I think the original Colts brass is inclined to agree, which is why we hung banners celebrating the fact... to which the Pats faithful ridicules us for to this day.

Pretty funny when the Patriots hung a banner after losing the super bowl to the Giants.

I didn't see Colts fans ridicule that.

It was brought up at the time and the Patriot fans said it wasn't hanging next to the super bowl banners so it didn't matter.

47 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

You act like the Patriots two decades of dominance is something that can be easily replicated. It's not. Winning a super bowl is hard. 

Ask the Bill, Browns, Bengals, etc if they would take two Super bowls in 20 years.

Yeah unless you CHEAT replicating the Patriots " So Called " dominance will not happen .

Go Rams

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

If I was part of the Colts brass I would have a different outlook on things. But I am nothing more than a fan, and as such I have no control over what happens on the field or with the organization. Therefore, my outlook is different. It's not about championships for me. It's always nice to mix one in once in a while, but there's no guaranty that it will happen.

Entertain me, 16 times a year plus playoffs, and maybe once or a couple of times we'll bring home the Lombardi. But if not, so be it.

Yes, I agree that some of the banners are silly and unnecessary. But I really could not care less what some low life Pats fans or any teams fans think.

I’d be disheartened if we don’t cop at least one title with Luck, but mostly I just want to surround him with a viable team so that we can genuinely compete for multiple years. As a fan, if I get like 7 straight years of knowing my team is legit, that’s really all I can ask for. Multiple Rings are hard to get (unless you cheat haha). Just ask Rodgers or Brees 

• Like 1

The Luck era is an interesting one. In one sense, we found a carbon copy of peyton that is more athletic and that is down right a blessing, however its kinda been a missed opportunity as well. It just never seemed like we built this team around Luck until recently. Imo we took the same approach as we did with Peyton by just putting everything on Luck's plate to mask the team's flaws. I do believe Ballard understands teams don't win because of one person and that is why I think we will win a championship one day.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Andrew is a smart guy, but he's no Peyton when it comes to running an offense.

We may never see another Peyton.

He was like the best OC in the NFL above the neck, and a dad-bod below, that was on the field running the offense in real time.

Thats why I said carbon copy not an exact copy. Peyton is peyton and Andrew is andrew. You couldn't have asked for a better replacement to a legend.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

You guys remember in the SB run. Peyton pretty much was OC. Harrison telling him I think we should run to fletcher telling him I can get open. We will see if Luck ever gets to that level. 

Can you imagine Jeff Saturday yelling at Andrew Luck, saying, "We need to run the d*** ball!" Then Luck replies, "Sure thing, and sorry for taking up your time! Sorry for bothering you!"

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Can you imagine Jeff Saturday yelling at Andrew Luck, saying, "We need to run the d*** ball!" Then Luck replies, "Sure thing, and sorry for taking up your time! Sorry for bothering you!"

LMAO.

I dont know if we will see another QB who is actually the OC.  Brady might do some but Peyton was on another level calling his own plays.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

The one thing I hope Luck can develop is a little more vocal leadership style like Peyton. Peyton would make it known when he wasn’t happy. We don’t see very many emotions out of Luck, I don’t know if he has it in him like Peyton.

I think Andrew needs to drink some more Budweiser like Peyton did. Might loosen him up vocally lol.

Half serious.....

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

LMAO.

I dont know if we will see another QB who is actually the OC.  Brady might do some but Peyton was on another level calling his own plays.

Idk, Baker Mayfield did some next level stuff last season

not saying he's going to be as good as Peyton but he's got some game in him.

I hope for at least one with Luck. Personally feel we should get 2 with the way CB is building the team. He seems to be going alot more balanced than we had in the PM era. Luck will also have to become more consistent throughout as well. Still makes some bad decisions that in my eyes he should be past by now. Hopefully those things will be more corrected with Reich. PM would also force things more so early in his career until TD got here. Always felt PM put the whole weight of the team on his shoulders because he felt immense pressure to score every drive because the defense seemed to be lower tier. Dungy brought a calm to the team that helped settle him a bit. Luck will never be another PM which is ok, because 99% of the QBs won't be either. Luck can still be great though, and possibly bring more championships if we continue to go balanced!

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The one thing I hope Luck can develop is a little more vocal leadership style like Peyton. Peyton would make it known when he wasn’t happy. We don’t see very many emotions out of Luck, I don’t know if he has it in him like Peyton.

Luck lets them know at halftime in the locker room. Giants game was very evident of this.

• Like 1

Personally think this team will get three SB wins with Ballard, Reich, and Luck at the helm. Just got very positive vibes with our staff and players. 

We didn't win the division, but we regained prominence by beating the Texans in the Wild Card. Brady is not getting any younger, Gronk is most likely retiring after the SB, defenses will adjust to Mahomes style of play and he will come back down to Earth in his 3rd season, and Rivers is on the downswing.

I'm on various forums and the one team majority say is going to be the next dynasty are the Indianapolis Colts. The changing of the guard came close Sunday night. It's coming next season for sure, and it won't be the Chiefs that knock New England out. It will be us.

I don't want to say the Grigano years were a waste, but it feels like this year was the beginning of something special. I didn't feel like that before.

Like the Colts finally have the right foundation (GM, coaches, key players) in place to be a team that can make a legit SB run. They are just missing a few additions here and there, but the core is there. 

The new schedule will have some tougher teams on it, but I think that will make the Colts better. 

I honestly feel like at least one SB is in their future within 1-3 years. 

It's so hard to win a title. You need a very good team, and then you need some luck along the way. Just look at what it took this year to get to the Super Bowl. If the ref makes the most obvious call in football history, the Saints are in and Rams are out. For 90 snaps (or whatever) Ford lines up properly. For 1 snap he lines up 6 inches off, so Pats go instead of Chiefs.

That's why I think what the Colts did in the Peyton era was so impressive. Winning over the course of a 16 game season is a much better barometer of a teams level than the crap shoot that is the playoffs. But the media (and money) driven concept of playoffs being what separates the great teams from the good teams is ridiculous. It's why the EPL is the only true champion in sports. There is no playoff. It's team vs team for 38 games and the best record is your champion.