Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A 3 round draft by colts wire

I wonder what folks here think about DT Gerald Willis. I think he fits like a glove for our D. At 6'4", 285 lbs, he has all the tools we need for the UT position. In all likelihood, if he is there at No.26, there is a good chance we take him. His value for our D, much like Darius Leonard, might be greater than his value to other Ds.

His swim move is impressive:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Jennings is staying in school last I heard. I personally like Charles Omenihu , DT from Texas better than Tillery. Sounds like he has a high motor and can play DE on early downs. 6'6",275.

Like Harmon a lot but fear the comparison to Moncrief.

Moncreif had an incredibly high ceiling but was incredibly raw and had attitude problems. Harmon is much more polished and better hands than moncreif and has all of the physical tools. Dont fear Harmon at all i think he will be good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I wonder what folks here think about DT Gerald Willis. I think he fits like a glove for our D. At 6'4", 285 lbs, he has all the tools we need for the UT position. In all likelihood, if he is there at No.26, there is a good chance we take him. His value for our D, much like Darius Leonard, might be greater than his value to other Ds.

He's under the radar a bit and I think he  is the 3 tech that I've thought best valued with our 34 pick.  That would leave 26 for an even more impactful player.

42 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He's under the radar a bit and I think he  is the 3 tech that I've thought best valued with our 34 pick.  That would leave 26 for an even more impactful player.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I don’t watch much college football and have zero ability to scout any players but I do know that CB highly values players football smarts and his leadership abilities. Was this guy a captain of his unit or anything that we could tie into the mold of a CB type pick? Does he have the long arms CB seems to like (meaning he looks for certain measurables with his picks)? Excited to see how we shape the team for the 2019 season. 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

I don’t watch much college football and have zero ability to scout any players but I do know that CB highly values players football smarts and his leadership abilities. Was this guy a captain of his unit or anything that we could tie into the mold of a CB type pick? Does he have the long arms CB seems to like (meaning he looks for certain measurables with his picks)? Excited to see how we shape the team for the 2019 season. 

IDK.  He was supposed to have had off the field issues in 2016 and 2017, so that type of in the past issue could also be what CB was referring to about some issues not being a big deal.

I didn't know Ballard valued length in pass rushers.  Golly, in another thread, I was just talking about that I think length is important, as the Pats always seem to have long pass rushers and they never seem to have a top 15 pick.

I think Willis is 6.4, so he's one of the tallest quality 3 techs.  Not sure about his arms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Any idea about his measurables? 6’4” and 286 I see. Do we have a 40 time anywhere, hand size, arm length, strength etc... I know it’s not draft numbers yet but just wondering how the kid measures up to previous picks and if there is any numbers out there on him. Who would he be compared to in the nfl right now if you had to pick a player? 

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

Any idea about his measurables? 6’4” and 286 I see. Do we have a 40 time anywhere, hand size, arm length, strength etc... I know it’s not draft numbers yet but just wondering how the kid measures up to previous picks and if there is any numbers out there on him. Who would he be compared to in the nfl right now if you had to pick a player? 

Have to wait for the combine.  I don't follow other specific players enough to answer that question.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

I like him. The question will be how will Ballard feel about his character? So far, Ballard hasn’t really drafted anyone with character issues. He’s been good for the last 2 years though. He’s the next most talented 3T after Wilkins and Simmons. I like him better than Tillery and Jones.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

I think he would be a great pickup, and I believe he will be available at out first pick in round 2

5 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Jennings is staying in school last I heard. I personally like Charles Omenihu , DT from Texas better than Tillery. Sounds like he has a high motor and can play DE on early downs. 6'6",275.

Like Harmon a lot but fear the comparison to Moncrief.

I tell you what, after reading Charles Omenihu’s make up and positive/negative thoughts, I like this kid a lot. He has the make up of a JJ Watt frame and the write up has a lot of Watt type traits too. I’d be happy with him as well based on the write up.  

People are sleeping on Tillery. As an avid ND fan, not only am I biased lol, but I saw him play multiple times in person, and he was a game wrecker. He stood out on every play, and unlike Rashan Gary he doesn't take plays off and you'll never have to worry about his drive/motor. I'd be all for the Colts taking him somewhere in the 2nd. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I tell you what, after reading Charles Omenihu’s make up and positive/negative thoughts, I like this kid a lot. He has the make up of a JJ Watt frame and the write up has a lot of Watt type traits too. I’d be happy with him as well based on the write up.  

He may be a choice with the 2nd round pick

10 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Zach Allen of Boston College is the JJ Watt of this class. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

He may be a choice with the 2nd round pick

46 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Zach Allen of Boston College is the JJ Watt of this class. 

I haven’t looked up Allen yet but what I read on Omenihu, that’s a dude with all positive outlook. Long and strong and sounds to have a motor. I’ll look up Allen but if either of these two have a JJ Watt factor in them, they will rise fast. This may be a place where, if they rise after the combine, you look into trading into that 20 spot with the 2 second round picks and take the two of them. A lot will happen with these two from now until draft time, as well as several other guys in the draft.  Right now, we are all just speculating as to where their draft place will occur at. Can’t wait till draft day now. Going to infuse some talent no doubt. Hope CB and his team are locked away in a basement, surrounded by monitors and player data sheets. I want them to know what time of day these kids use the restroom and where they eat lunch. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I’ll look up Allen but if either of these two have a JJ Watt factor in them, they will rise fast.

Omenihu is definitely on the rise. Everything you read on him sounds pretty good. He seems to have come out of nowhere. He was a high 3 star coming in to college and put on nearly 50 lbs. in his time there. I'm a little baffled that he wasn't on my radar up until about a month ago. Most of your power five guys tend to pop out sooner than he did (unless you're at Bama and there are 1st round players burying you on the depth chart.) I still haven't watched any tape on Omenihu, so I can't give an honest opinion yet. He surely sounds like a player to keep an eye on though.

• Like 1