Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will you be watching the SB?


dodsworth

Who is watching the SB?  

54 members have voted

  1. 1. Will you be watching the SB?

    • Yes, I will watch this SB
    • No, not interested and will watch something else.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should have a couple other choices.  

I will probably watch, but it won't be a big deal.   No party or anything.  

I don't like either team.   I'll be rooting for the Rams.  

It'll be like a game on any other Sunday that I have on while I'm doing some work around the house.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I don't get the Romo hate. He's actually dead-on with most of his commentary. When you look at the alternatives/competition (Phil Simms, Troy Aikman, Dan Fouts, etc-etc) I don't think anyone does it better than Romo. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll watch it. Mainly since it's the last game of the season and it's all we got until September.

 

But I haven't actually watched an AFC Championship game in years. Last one I watched in full was the 2013 one in Denver. It's the same story every year in the AGCCG, so it's not worth watching.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately,

I will be pulling for the Rams , even though my  cousin, that I despise. is a long  time Rams fan. 

It seems this has gone full circle with the Patriots, starting their run with a field goal victory, to start their dynasty. over Warner and the Rams, which seems like forever ago. Now it's  Brady at the end of his career, going back to what started it all for him …...Interesting !  No matter how I would  like to see Brady's reign end, Unfortunately, I can't deny that he has cemented his legacy as the  greatest QB in NFL history, as to what he has  accomplished. I am a great supporter of Johnny Unitas, and I still am as a field general, But their is no denying, what Brady has done as a QB , on a team, that seems to always over the last  2 decades, be competitive, is amazing! 

Moving on, this is a record that will be very hard to ever break.  

   

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Absolutely. It’s the SB. A true football fan wouldn’t miss it

This poll is showing that a lot of true football fans are not watching

this mundane re-run. If this poll is an indication of how other

fan bases feel, then this SB will have another nose dive in the ratings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

While many like myself selected "no", I suspect that if this poll is done after the SB, most will have said that they watched it. 

 

I plan not to watch it. I am not interested in watching the Pats in yet another Super Bowl. And I don't like the Rams and their owner. So, while I would love to see the Pats lose, I don't want to watch the Rams win. 

 

So, no SB for me this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted 'NO'. I have watched every SB since the 1977 Season when Dallas beat Denver when I was 6 years old, never have missed one and I am now 47. I almost didn't watch last years SB, I actually did not watch the whole thing last year. Like last year I just do not like either team and the Pats being in it every year is getting super old. A Saints/Chiefs SB would've been awesome, Rams have very little chance to win this game as the Pats are not losing 2 SB's in a row.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 8:45 PM, GoPats said:

 

I don't get the Romo hate. He's actually dead-on with most of his commentary. When you look at the alternatives/competition (Phil Simms, Troy Aikman, Dan Fouts, etc-etc) I don't think anyone does it better than Romo. 

 

 

 

 

 

Agreed.  I can see why some potentially get put off by his enthusiasm being a bit over the top but I think its great.  He is a fan as much as anything else.  Even just putting that aside, his analysis is great, really takes you inside the game, especially from the QB perspective.

 

Its not just about the predicting plays, its the fact he tells you what the QB is thinking pre-snap, like you are in the game.  Great stuff and delighted he is calling the SB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 9:34 PM, NFLfan said:

While many like myself selected "no", I suspect that if this poll is done after the SB, most will have said that they watched it. 

 

I plan not to watch it. I am not interested in watching the Pats in yet another Super Bowl. And I don't like the Rams and their owner. So, while I would love to see the Pats lose, I don't want to watch the Rams win. 

 

So, no SB for me this year.

Pretty much the same for me.

But I will have the game on and I'll probably be doing something else and tuning in here and there.   Maybe more for the commercials.   The halftime show, once again, doesn't appeal to me at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Pretty much the same for me.

But I will have the game on and I'll probably be doing something else and tuning in here and there.   Maybe more for the commercials.   The halftime show, once again, doesn't appeal to me at all. 

Pretty much the same for me except I will have the sound tuned off. 

I don't know who the announcers are but I already know they will be gushing their love for the Patriots. 

I miss the days when the game was called without all the personal opinions (color commentating) thrown in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

 

Agreed.  I can see why some potentially get put off by his enthusiasm being a bit over the top but I think its great.  He is a fan as much as anything else.  Even just putting that aside, his analysis is great, really takes you inside the game, especially from the QB perspective.

 

Its not just about the predicting plays, its the fact he tells you what the QB is thinking pre-snap, like you are in the game.  Great stuff and delighted he is calling the SB.

 

I think that's the key -- he process the info he's seeing and then articulates it very well, and in a way that most of us can understand it, lol... 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 3:45 PM, GoPats said:

 

I don't get the Romo hate. He's actually dead-on with most of his commentary. When you look at the alternatives/competition (Phil Simms, Troy Aikman, Dan Fouts, etc-etc) I don't think anyone does it better than Romo. 

 

 

 

 

 

It's not hate for Romo for me. I fact I kinda like the guy. His analysis is indeed good. But his excitement, whether a act or real, is way over the top. Plus his enthusiasm and unnecessary praise for the cheaters is not desirable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

It's not hate for Romo for me. I fact I kinda like the guy. His analysis is indeed good. But his excitement, whether a act or real, is way over the top. Plus his enthusiasm and unnecessary praise for the cheaters is not desirable.

Well you just eliminated pretty much every sports announcer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not buying that anybody here has no interest in seeing the Pats lose.

 

I like Romo but I get some of the criticisms like how he juiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust does thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssss this here this here this herrrrrrrrrrrrrre yeah. And when he calls plays then goes throw it, now throw it, now, now Brady. Why isn’t Brady throwing it? But besides that he’s great lol!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I turned on the sports radio channel today for the first time in a week

and they immediately started in on the Brady ball washing. 

 

I guess my boycott extends into the radio market for a couple more 

weeks until this mess blows over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still thinking I'll pass....

 

But if I "cave" and watch, I'll definitely be pulling for our  home town boy.

 

Sean McVay grew up a few miles from us, and went to the local Catholic HS two miles down the road from us.

 

He's done an amazing job at his age coaching this team!  Go Rams!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Still thinking I'll pass....

 

But if I "cave" and watch, I'll definitely be pulling for our  home town boy.

 

Sean McVay grew up a few miles from us, and went to the local Catholic HS two miles down the road from us.

 

He's done an amazing job at his age coaching this team!  Go Rams!

I need to correct my post.  I don't want to be misquoted.

 

I meant to say Sean's father Tim grew up in my neighborhood and went to the Catholic HS here.  Although Sean was born here in Kettering, I believe they moved to Atlanta when he was young (maybe 6 or 7).

 

His grandfather Jim also coached here at University of Dayton.   So yes, there are ties to my city. 

 

Still not sure on watching the game,  but if I do, I will be cheering for the McVay family.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...