Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will you be watching the SB?

dodsworth

Who is watching the SB?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching the SB?

• Yes, I will watch this SB
    • No, not interested and will watch something else.

I guess maybe it's difficult -- as a 40+ year old Patriots fan -- for me to relate, but I can't imagine missing a Super Bowl. I've watched every single one of them since I was a child. I'm a fan of the Patriots, yes, but I'm a fan of football itself, so the idea of missing this game is something I can't get my head around. 

This year, I will be in Hawaii with the family for the big game. Nice that it'll kick off at like 1:30 pm there instead of later in the day! And if they lose, I've got five days on Oahu to feel sorry for myself, lol... :lol:

Whether you end up watching or not, I hope you all enjoy your Sunday.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoPats said:

I guess maybe it's difficult -- as a 40+ year old Patriots fan -- for me to relate, but I can't imagine missing a Super Bowl. I've watched every single one of them since I was a child. I'm a fan of the Patriots, yes, but I'm a fan of football itself, so the idea of missing this game is something I can't get my head around. 

This year, I will be in Hawaii with the family for the big game. Nice that it'll kick off at like 1:30 pm there instead of later in the day! And if they lose, I've got five days on Oahu to feel sorry for myself, lol... :lol:

Apathy has set in for a lot of fans about the Pats being in the 

SB every year, and I hope your Sunday royally sucks...

18 hours ago, GoPats said:

Take me with you, I'll root for the Patriots ... jk even a trip to Hawaii couldn't make me root for the pats. :yuk:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Apathy has set in for a lot of fans about the Pats being in the 

SB every year, and I hope your Sunday royally sucks...

Well... thanks? I guess? LOL... 

1 hour ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

Take me with you, I'll root for the Patriots ... jk even a trip to Hawaii couldn't make me root for the pats. :yuk:

It would be a long, difficult trip in a suitcase anyway! :thmup:

Not watching the SB last year worked out well for me: Sure, I missed an epic FlEaKing game but flack: Pats lost.

So, same game plan this year: Play with the kiddo til he goes to bed. Break out the wine for wifey, then play with the wife. Stay in bed and watch How I met your Mother, play again, and check twitter at about 11pm to see how much shenangians I'll get to post on Reddit or ignore it completely

On 1/30/2019 at 4:24 PM, GoPats said:

Ayyyyeee That's pretty sweet, and nice consolation for a loss if it turns out that way.. I lived in Alaska for the 2004 version of Pats vs Eagles. And having the Superbowl played at 2:30 was freaking weird but pretty nice. I'll be dead come Monday morning on the east coast. 

But to answer the original question, I'll be watching... It's like watching a train wreck.. it'll come down to the final few mins.. I was gonna say the Rams will probably score too quickly in the end. But I think Todd Gurley has given up multiple touchdowns this year just to churn clock :thmup:

Meh who am I kidding?!.. Its the Patriots! Gurley will try to kneel but fall forward into the endzone leaving the Patriots too much time to score. Julian Eldeman will be completely ungaurdable the final drive, catching the ball with 7 yards of separation between defenders. James White will catch a pass for -2 yards in the backfield and scurry past a slow * defender for a first. Gronk will go up one on one verse Jesus and catch the pass that's throw into the defenders back. And Sony will cap it off his a little 4 yard TD run right at Donald just because they can. The End.

But I'm still going to watch..because ya know. I'm insane. 

Go Rams.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, GoPats said:

I don't get the Romo hate. He's actually dead-on with most of his commentary. When you look at the alternatives/competition (Phil Simms, Troy Aikman, Dan Fouts, etc-etc) I don't think anyone does it better than Romo. 

They are anti-Romo b/c Romo recognizes that he is watching "greatness" which will never be replicated in our lifetimes on an NFL field.

7 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well you're his #1 fan King Patriot 

Well you're jealous because if TB wore horseshoes on his helmet you would be posting every single day. You know I'm right. Either respect talent or whine and cry. Remember, TB's accomplishments will be talked about every year after we have all been put to rest. No one has to like it but to discredit it is comical and pathetic.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Well you're jealous because if TB wore horseshoes on his helmet you would be posting every single day. You know I'm right. Either respect talent or whine and cry. Remember, TB's accomplishments will be talked about every year after we have all been put to rest. No one has to like it but to discredit it is comical and pathetic.

Your joking, right?

One thing you forgot. Brady's career will always have cheating or breaking the rules next to his name.

I can respect his talent but the Patriots as an organization has been fined and have had more draft picks taken away that any other team in the NFL.  That is a fact you can't argue with.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Your trolling is comical and pathetic but carry on

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your joking, right?

One thing you forgot. Brady's career will always have cheating or breaking the rules next to his name.

I can respect his talent but the Patriots as an organization has been fined and have had more draft picks taken away that any other team in the NFL.  That is a fact you can't argue with.

Yeah, I doubt that will be mentioned when he glides in to the HoF. Odd, we don't hear your claim of cheating nearly as often as his remarkable achievements. Here's one thing you cannot deny, he just got caught and that is the difference. Anyone and everyone knows football players cheat on nearly every play of every game. 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:24 PM, GoPats said:

I have always wondered what it is like to be a Pats fan in that how do you all handle it when the Pats come up short in a playoff or upper Bowl? Here in Houston and other cities the local radio talk shows and medias + and moan and whine every year when their teams fail to meet expectations. How do the fans react when the Pats don't make it all the way? How can anyone criticize them with their record being what it is?  

38 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I have always wondered what it is like to be a Pats fan in that how do you all handle it when the Pats come up short in a playoff or upper Bowl? Here in Houston and other cities the local radio talk shows and medias + and moan and whine every year when their teams fail to meet expectations. How do the fans react when the Pats don't make it all the way? How can anyone criticize them with their record being what it is?  

You are a Pat's fan. so why would you ever wonder what it's like to be one??

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just who are you to question who is a true football fan?

It’s like any sport. A true college basketball fan wouldn’t miss the national championship game. A true college football fan wouldn’t miss the national championship game. A true NBA fan wouldn’t miss the Finals. You get my drift

26 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

It’s like any sport. A true college basketball fan wouldn’t miss the national championship game. A true college football fan wouldn’t miss the national championship game. A true NBA fan wouldn’t miss the Finals. You get my drift

Oh lighten up. Old time football fans have their opinions, since they have watched a lot of decades of the NFL, So learn from their experience. It's alright for us to be cynical, Times has changed over the years, but your perspective  is based on what you know as a fan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Look, sometimes there are things going on in your life that take priority over the NFL. Because I would rather be doing something else like spending time with my great grand kids or spending the day with on old friend.

That does not make me any less a fan that you.

Now, do you get my drift?

20 hours ago, King Colt said:

I never remember not watching the Pats.  My father and I used to go in to Schaefer Stadium.  Pats never won much.  Still a great day.  When I started driving, the local sports media was a lot less cynical.  You would probably call them Fanboys.  Great seasons didn't always end in a championship...in fact, they never did back then.  I don't listen to sports radio much these days.   

I will go to my sister's house for the Big Game.  We do every year.  There will be twenty or more people there.  Maybe three of four will be watching the game.  More will flock to the television to watch the commercials.  I don't get that.

I don't live and die by any entertainment.  Not since 1986, anyway.  I'll watch the game, for the most part, eating, drinking, and socializing.  Unless the game is close, I'll head home at halftime.  Tomorrow, it's off to work.  Probably will not hear one word about the game, the ads, or the Patriots.