Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No International Games for Colts in 2019

1959Colts

After the chat on here recently about the strong possibility of Colts playing here I was slightly disappointed when the email came through today confirming the games.

But probably not as happy as you home based guys were that they were not coming over!!!

Say what you like, but the NFL puts on some show for the UK fans and if they ever did play in UK again, I would recommend anyone to come over, and even spend some time in Scotland.

But Hey Ho, just need to start saving again to get back across at some point to see them live in Indy.

• Like 2

As a British based fan, obviously sad not to get an opportunity to see the team I love (although I was able to go to the last one but hopefully we would get a win this time!!)

Other frustrating thing is that Mexico get Chiefs v Chargers and we get some ban average games on paper.  However, the landscape changes so quickly we might actually end up with decent matchups in the end.

Another year of crossing fingers......

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Myles said:

Dodged a bullet.  

The NFl needs to stop this.   Screwing teams out of a home game should not be allowed.

This. Especially after telling St Louis that they didn't offer enough public funding to support a billionaire franchise owner's income stream. 

Goodell and the other owners focus on international expansion while turning their backs on uncalled helmet to helmet hits like last night.  

Having said that, I am nonetheless glad for international fans like Dave A1102!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Like it or not, there is very little chance, imo, that this league does not go global. 

Although I love the international series, I don't really like the idea of the international franchise.

They can talk about the logistics of playing home and away during the season all they want, but the potential implications of that team getting to the playoffs could be a real nightmare in terms of scheduling.

Also, the assumption that UK fans would all switch to supporting a London team doesn't wash. I will still be a Colt. Will end up with a similar situation to Chargers in LA with no real tangible home support.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John Waylon said:

What a shame. 

And by “what a shame” I mean that’s great news, we should throw a party and celebrate. 

Now lets keep this momentum rolling and not wind up on Hard Knocks!

I don't believe we can end up on Hard Knocks as we were in the playoffs.

We have this same tired debate 2 or 3 times a year now. Get used to it. As long as the London games sell out like they do, they will be there for decades to come. The owners agreed to this, not Goodell. The world is a much smaller place now, embrace it rather than bemoan.

FTR, I would not like to see an International franchise either......and the teams that mostly 'lose' a home game can hardly fill a thimble, never mind pull in 80,000 fans.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2019 at 1:44 PM, DaveA1102 said:

Ps for those of you who, like me, are fans of nfl and football (UK edition), this is amazing (sound on):

That was pretty awesome.  Certainly made me grin.  I think soccer (AKA football to the rest of the world) has it right by having different leagues in different regions.  I think they figured out trying to have one league span over too much geography just doesn't work well.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, DaveA1102 said:

Force? They have sold out every game for 10 years in a row! 

From my perspective the force is against the will of American fans.  The owners want to expand because it is about money.  But the majority of American fans feel like it is being rammed down our throats.  I can say if I was a fan holding season tickets and my team lost a home game I would feel like I got this forced in me.