Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas Clark

luckyBatistuta

Tuned in to Sky Sports here in Scotland to watch the Patriots v Chiefs and couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Dallas sitting there on the panel. He was really good, gave some good insights to the game, but boy does he hate the Pats. Every time they went back to the studio, you could just tell he wanted them to lose. At one point, he said that Brady will make a really bad play on the next series (you could just tell he was hoping that was the case) He couldn’t stop smiling when the Chiefs scored, or the Pats turned it over, etc. Just thought I’d share this in case anybody was remotely interested :D:thmup:

• Like 3

I will die a cranky man if I never find out how bad Spygate really was. Dungy, Manning, Clark (maybe?)...they all know more than they have said publicly. Deflategate also benefited them more than we know if you look at their fumble numbers. 

Hard to deny their greatness in recent years, but it's clear the dynasty foundation was laid through cheating. 

• Like 1

Probably just coincidence, but I believe the London Games announcement is coming today, so maybe Dallas is over here to help announce the Colts coming over again as an away team (aswell as the NFLUK tour he was doing). Wishful thinking on my part, although I imagine the idea of them coming over to the UK again isn't universally popular..?

'Bumped' into him in the Admiralty pub also when they came over, very nice bloke.

Hi all by the way, long time(ish) reader of the forum, first time poster. Go Shoe!

• Like 6

I was actually going to post on here today looking for some info on him, like the OP, I found him to be entertaining and insightful.

I am always amazed where SKY get their pundits from, and I would say that he was one of the better ones.

I take it he was a great player in his day?

Talking of pundits, I also like the 2 that are on BBC Jason Bell and Osi Omnyura, but I don't think they have any Colts connections.

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Tony Romo has easily become my favorite announcer. Dude calls the plays before they happen. 

The first game I heard Romo call a game he saw the corner coming up to press and before the ball was snapped he made note of it and called the play.  Boom!  it happened just like he predicted.  Saw it happen again later in the game.  From then on I was sold.  Phenomenal color guy.  Has a lot of enthusiasm about what he sees as well.

Love hearing him in the booth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, il vecchio said:

I was extremely impressed with his color commentary. His knowledge about the game and its nuances was why.

He seems to have a good knowledge of what teams like to do in different situations.  So he uses that to often know the play before it happens.  

Honestly seems like he probably watches a lot of film even though he's a color guy and no longer playing.  How else would you know that sort of stuff without watching film?  

48 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

The first game I heard Romo call a game he saw the corner coming up to press and before the ball was snapped he made note of it and called the play.  Boom!  it happened just like he predicted.  Saw it happen again later in the game.  From then on I was sold.  Phenomenal color guy.  Has a lot of enthusiasm about what he sees as well.

Love hearing him in the booth. 

I see and also hear commentary all the time during games where the play is noted before it starts and it happens as called or as seen (by me). If these things are so predictable that I/they see it before it happens, how can a professional team not understand how predictable a play call is? I don’t know how many times on a third down I said looks like Edelman is getting this ball and boom, he is 10 yards open. It’s like wth? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Tony Romo has easily become my favorite announcer. Dude calls the plays before they happen. 

I like Romo also, though there are times I wish he'd talk a little bit less. He can get on a tangent and take over. Not that I care to hear much from his bland partner, but still......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I like Romo also, though there are times I wish he'd talk a little bit less. He can get on a tangent and take over. Not that I care to hear much from his bland partner, but still......

Not that it's hard to improve on, but he's light years better than Chris Coltshatersworth

• Like 3

5 hours ago, YoungOneColt said:

Probably just coincidence, but I believe the London Games announcement is coming today, so maybe Dallas is over here to help announce the Colts coming over again as an away team (aswell as the NFLUK tour he was doing). Wishful thinking on my part, although I imagine the idea of them coming over to the UK again isn't universally popular..?

'Bumped' into him in the Admiralty pub also when they came over, very nice bloke.

Hi all by the way, long time(ish) reader of the forum, first time poster. Go Shoe!

Welcome and look forward to more of your posts!

• Like 1