Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Brady the luckiest qb ever ?

coltsorioles

He throws the game ending interception and the * for k.c. lines up offside. He ends the game with 3 int.   Look at just his playoff history.  Fumble vs Oakland.  Game ending interception vs chargers and the guy fumbles. Ravens miss easy field goal. Seattle passes. Atlanta passes and Edelman makes miracle catch.  He gets so much credit when it's coaching and a complete team game. First super bowl his team goes 3-0. I mentioned the fumble , then vs Pitt he gets hurt and Bledsoe wins the game. Super bowl he throws for  147 for the whole game and gets mvp.  2003 vs colts gets inside the Colts 25 7 times and comes away with 1 td 1 int and 5 field goals.  2004 they had the best team. 2005 throws a 99 yard int to lose the game. 2006 has a chance to win vs the colts and throws game ending int. 2007 undefeated with best offense and loses. 2008 gets hurt and the team goes 11-5 without him. 2009 plays terrible vs the ravens. 2010. Again plays bad vs the jets. 2011 big favorite does not play good vs giants. 2012 loses at home to ravens and does not play well. 2013 plays bad vs denver missed a lot of passes. 2014 throws 2 int vs Seattle and throws all drink and dunk and gets the win. 2015  terrible coaching by Atlanta  . 2016 actually played great vs Philly, but got many calls vs Jax. And this latest game, once again throws int to end it and the guy lines up offside.    Give Peyton manning   Bill B. And a reliable kicker and he wins at least 7 super bowls.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Kraft sends a few dollars extra to the refs that officiate Patriots games, didn't you know? :) 

However, Brady is mighty accurate and executes at a high level. Patriots' OL coaching is top notch and when you can get to their OL, you get to Brady. Giants did it twice, Ravens have done twice, Broncos did it twice. Those 3rd down plays, he just executed it at a high level and broke the will of the Chiefs' D, which had been on the field way too long.

Mahomes has to learn clock management and field position. If he is going to be touted as one of the greatest, he definitely has elite physical tools but his mental tools have a LONG way to go. One of the first things Peyton said when he got the ball back on that 4th & 2 game was they want to score a TD but not score too quickly, he became a master at that as time went on. Mahomes is playing like Peyton early on, going for the 20-30 yard pass instead of taking checkdowns.

Brady manages the clock masterfully, and Mahomes has ways to go to learn it, definitely not going to learn it from Andy Reid. Peyton knew he had to play ahead of Brady to keep the pressure on Belichick's squad. He did so in both the 2013 and 2015 AFCCG while the Chiefs came out and laid an egg going down 0-14. 

• Like 3

Probably the most blessed person ever. I mean that strictly in terms of good things happening for someone.

Gets his start because the starter (Bledsoe) basically broke all his internal organs.

The snow game goes his way.

Gets arguably the best coach ever.

Not diminishing the work he's obviously put in, but he's a lucky son of a + in general.. Lol

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

He throws the game ending interception and the * for k.c. lines up offside. He ends the game with 3 int.   Look at just his playoff history.  Fumble vs Oakland.  Game ending interception vs chargers and the guy fumbles. Ravens miss easy field goal. Seattle passes. Atlanta passes and Edelman makes miracle catch.  He gets so much credit when it's coaching and a complete team game. First super bowl his team goes 3-0. I mentioned the fumble , then vs Pitt he gets hurt and Bledsoe wins the game. Super bowl he throws for  147 for the whole game and gets mvp.  2003 vs colts gets inside the Colts 25 7 times and comes away with 1 td 1 int and 5 field goals.  2004 they had the best team. 2005 throws a 99 yard int to lose the game. 2006 has a chance to win vs the colts and throws game ending int. 2007 undefeated with best offense and loses. 2008 gets hurt and the team goes 11-5 without him. 2009 plays terrible vs the ravens. 2010. Again plays bad vs the jets. 2011 big favorite does not play good vs giants. 2012 loses at home to ravens and does not play well. 2013 plays bad vs denver missed a lot of passes. 2014 throws 2 int vs Seattle and throws all drink and dunk and gets the win. 2015  terrible coaching by Atlanta  . 2016 actually played great vs Philly, but got many calls vs Jax. And this latest game, once again throws int to end it and the guy lines up offside.    Give Peyton manning   Bill B. And a reliable kicker and he wins at least 7 super bowls.

Lucky? 

Really? 

How bout the games being rigged.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dee Ford is a turd. I just said what everyone wanted too. Chiefs fans have to be sick. I could care less anymore in all honesty because I put the Pats in the SB every year and will next year too unless Tom retires or BB leaves. 

Said it in the other thread, but the Pats LT is lined up illegally.

The mind boggles at how lucky Brady is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 18to87 said:

Said it in the other thread, but the Pats LT is lined up illegally.

The mind boggles at how lucky Brady is. 

He wasn’t, but even if he was they would be off setting penalties and NO PLAY.. the Pats keep the ball.. by far one of the worst takes people have had on that play. (Not you in specific but others) Romo makes a comment of possible illegal formation (and also said or off side..) and every Pat hater ran with it.

• Thanks 1

GOAT - so subjective. I’ll say this; Brady NEVER had to defeat BB. 

He is a great QB but Montana not only never lost a SB, but never threw an int in them.

I just hope somehow the Rams find a way to win. 

If not, Brady will get another ring and inch closer to Itto Graham’s 7 Championships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

GOAT - so subjective. I’ll say this; Brady NEVER had to defeat BB. 

He is a great QB but Montana not only never lost a SB, but never threw an int in them.

I just hope somehow the Rams find a way to win. 

If not, Brady will get another ring and inch closer to Itto Graham’s 7 Championships.

I think Montana was better; you made some great points.  I see Brady as good but he's a prima donna.  

I know for a lot of fans yesterday was disappointing and the officiating did play a role in the outcome of games. However, the thought or idea that the games are rigged is utterly ridiculous. Let's just look at the sheer number of people involved in each and every NFL game. Each team has a 53 man active roster (53 players x 32 teams = 1696 players). A team like the Colts has 20 coaches not sure if every team does but I'm sure it is probably pretty close to that number (20 coaches x 32 teams = 640 coaches). Each officiating crew has 9 officials (9 officials x 17 crews =153 officials). There is just NO WAY the NFL could be fixed or rigged like pro wrestling and the NFL be able to keep that many people silent. It is easy in the heat of the moment to get mad and say the game is fixed or the refs/league don't want my team to win (I've done this myself), but when you look at the sheer volume of people involved in an NFL game it just doesn't make sense. 

Before someone says "well what about one official or crew fixing a game?". In my opinion, it just doesn't seem plausible for a crew or single official to fix a game. The game is too random and the players too skilled for this to happen. Do bad calls happen? Yes, and sometimes they happen in the biggest of games. Officials are human. They are going to make mistakes. I know I have screwed up on my job. It's just that for an NFL official when they have a bad day at work millions of people see it. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I know for a lot of fans yesterday was disappointing and the officiating did play a role in the outcome of games. However, the thought or idea that the games are rigged is utterly ridiculous. Let's just look at the sheer number of people involved in each and every NFL game. Each team has a 53 man active roster (53 players x 32 teams = 1696 players). A team like the Colts has 20 coaches not sure if every team does but I'm sure it is probably pretty close to that number (20 coaches x 32 teams = 640 coaches). Each officiating crew has 9 officials (9 officials x 17 crews =153 officials). There is just NO WAY the NFL could be fixed or rigged like pro wrestling and the NFL be able to keep that many people silent. It is easy in the heat of the moment to get mad and say the game is fixed or the refs/league don't want my team to win (I've done this myself), but when you look at the sheer volume of people involved in an NFL game it just doesn't make sense. 

Before someone says "well what about one official or crew fixing a game?". In my opinion, it just doesn't seem plausible for a crew or single official to fix a game. The game is too random and the players too skilled for this to happen. Do bad calls happen? Yes, and sometimes they happen in the biggest of games. Officials are human. They are going to make mistakes. I know I have screwed up on my job. It's just that for an NFL official when they have a bad day at work millions of people see it. 

Sandra, is that you? 

03-bird-box.w700.h700.jpg

Sean Payton would like a word with you as well. lol 

12 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Sandra, is that you? 

03-bird-box.w700.h700.jpg

Sean Payton would like a word with you as well. lol 

Maybe Sean Payton should have ran the ball at that point and time in the game. He is in field goal range and has the opportunity to run time off the clock. I'm thinking Payton lost on purpose. :sarcasm:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

It must be nice going through life as naive as you.

Enjoy my fellow colt fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Something is clearly wrong when everyone at home, or at the game, even the commentators, see missed calls, or vice versa when a roughing the passer is called(when it clearly should not have been) and instead of changing possession ultimately results in a TD by the team that was Given a free pass. 

Why is it Everyone except the officials can get this right?   Are they incompetent, or is it a fix?   You tell me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Something is clearly wrong when everyone at home, or at the game, even the commentators, see missed calls, or vice versa when a roughing the passer is called(when it clearly should not have been) and instead of changing possession ultimately results in a TD by the team that was Given a free pass. 

Why is it Everyone except the officials can get this right?   Are they incompetent, or is it a fix?   You tell me.

It sure looked bad in both games yesterday.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gramz said:

The games need 12 more officials watching 50" monitors sitting on towers along the sidelines with red flags they can shoot on the field. That would fix it.
 They just can't watch everything at game speed and see what we get to see with all of the camera angles and replay. I am so glad that as much gets fixed as does happen. But i would boil in oil whoever screwed the pooch in the Saints robbery.

16 minutes ago, Gramz said:

It could be fixed if the NFL allowed review of judgment calls like that. At this time they do not allow it. I think everyone forgets that this game is not played in slow motion. Just because we can see a play clearly at home doesn't mean that an official in the blink of an eye can get every play right. The thing is you open a can worms if you let judgment calls be subject to replay review. Do you let holding calls or non calls be challenged? We often time see plays at homes from angles and views that the officials just don't have. The thing is, this crew that was officiating the NFC Championship game are some of the best officials in the NFL. Sometimes people just make mistakes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It must be nice going through life as naive as you.

Enjoy my fellow colt fan.

I think I would rather go through life naive than with the view that the games are rigged. Why watch if they are rigged? So when we won the Super Bowl it was rigged in our favor? If the NFL was rigged wouldn't it be advantageous to rig it in a way that there was more parity and every market got a Super Bowl win? I would much rather live naive than to be the one wearing the tinfoil hat! Enjoy my fellow Colts fan!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

The thing is you open a can worms if you let judgment calls be subject to replay review. Do you let holding calls or non calls be challenged?

i'll say no to holding, but PI should be reviewable on a call or no call

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

i'll say no to holding, but PI should be reviewable on a call or no call

I agree with you on PI, but the if the rule were to change the first time some busted off a long touchdown run and the crew missed an obvious hold everyone would be calling for review of the play. I just don't know how to draw the line on how to review judgment calls. I think after yesterday it will probably be changed. The thing is, if the Chiefs would have won last night Pats fans would have had a legitimate gripe because the Sammy Watkins pass play that led to their last TD was an illegal pick play. I am by no means a Pats fan but I do find it a little funny how we can point out all the breaks Brady and the Pats have received but fail to point out when they don't get the correct call.

The Patriots definitely lucked out on the roughing-the-passer call. I can't recall the exact context of the game at that point but I believe it gave them a first down on a 3rd down. The ref, watching in full speed and probably from a poor angle, made a bad call on that one. That said, there were two or three calls the other way that extended KC drives that I thought were borderline. 

Aside from that play, what else are people complaining about relative to last night? I think they got all the reviews right... Edelman never touched that punt, even though he tried to... Hogan held on to the one-handed catch but didn't secure that one near the sideline... and a player lining up offsides is not a judgement call. It was fortunate for the Patriots that the play got wiped out but there was pressure coming on that one and the Chiefs had a guy lined up offsides that probably contributed to it. 

As for the balance of his career... tell me, what's more likely?

That one player in the history of the NFL (all sports, really) is this lucky, or that he's the reason these things happen?

It amazes me the lengths to which some opposing fans go to discredit the most accomplished quarterback in the history of the league. I get the bitterness and the animosity, but you're never going to hear me, as a Boston fan, say that Magic Johnson sucked, or that Dan Marino was an overrated bum, or that Derek Jeter got every call his way. 

As for any claims of games being fixed... it's not even worth talking about if that's where your mind is at. If that's really what you believe I'm not sure why you follow the sport or post on football message boards. It's sour grapes, plain and simple. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GoPats said:

The Patriots definitely lucked out on the roughing-the-passer call. I can't recall the exact context of the game at that point but I believe it gave them a first down on a 3rd down. The ref, watching in full speed and probably from a poor angle, made a bad call on that one. That said, there were two or three calls the other way that extended KC drives that I thought were borderline. 

Aside from that play, what else are people complaining about relative to last night? I think they got all the reviews right... Edelman never touched that punt, even though he tried to... Hogan held on to the one-handed catch but didn't secure that one near the sideline... and a player lining up offsides is not a judgement call. It was fortunate for the Patriots that the play got wiped out but there was pressure coming on that one and the Chiefs had a guy lined up offsides that probably contributed to it. 

That one player in the history of the NFL (all sports, really) is this lucky, or that he's the reason these things happen?

It amazes me the lengths to which some opposing fans go to discredit the most accomplished quarterback in the history of the league. I get the bitterness and the animosity, but you're never going to hear me, as a Boston fan, say that Magic Johnson sucked, or that Dan Marino was an overrated bum, or that Derek Jeter got every call his way. 

As for any claims of games being fixed... it's not even worth talking about if that's where your mind is at. If that's really what you believe I'm not sure why you follow the sport or post on football message boards. It's sour grapes, plain and simple. 

If I remember correctly, the roughing the passer came after a 3 and 10, and would have then been 4 and 10, but instead gave Pats a first down...and that drive resulted in a TD.

25 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The games need 12 more officials watching 50" monitors sitting on towers along the sidelines with red flags they can shoot on the field. That would fix it.
 They just can't watch everything at game speed and see what we get to see with all of the camera angles and replay. I am so glad that as much gets fixed as does happen. But i would boil in oil whoever screwed the pooch in the Saints robbery.

The solution is simple, just make PI calls reviewable. Very simple because that is how REFS still can control a game. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The solution is simple, just make PI calls reviewable. Very simple because that is how REFS still can control a game. 

BINGO! Penalty calls in particular. That's the primary reason I argue that games are rigged. You can't challenge penalties. It's what gives the refs their power and what makes it very suspicious they rig games when they miss easy calls that fit a narrative. Until that's changed, everyone should be suspicious of them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It's true. 

I hate the Pat's enough for 10 people, but that game yesterday in KC was officiated well enough (the other game is another story).

I'm not going to go round and round over this point about the NFL being rigged, but the NFL is going to have a real problem if this is how a good portion of people feel. 

6 minutes ago, GoPats said:

The only gripe I had was the Roughing the Passer call. Dee Ford being offside was just his fault lol. That Roughing call was bad though. Being a diehard Colts fan I think Tom is the GOAT actually and BB is as well as far as Coaching. I have Peyton 3rd on my list which isn't a dis, Montana was slightly better than Peyton as well. I am tired of the Pats being in the SB every year but Tom is that great so it is what it is. You might as well celebrate already because you guys are about to open a can on the Rams. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I hate the Pat's enough for 10 people, but that game yesterday in KC was officiated well enough (the other game is another story).

I'm not going to go round and round over this point about the NFL being rigged, but the NFL is going to have a real problem if this is how a good portion of people feel. 

Yes..the officiating in the Saints was worse.

2nd game.....As someone earlier said, both defenses were spent by overtime. Whoever won the coin toss was going to win the game.

Lucky Pats got it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Brady is just reaping the rewards of good, clean living. 

That TB12 diet is the secret.  I'm just not willing to eat avocado icecream, yuck!

I have to say, if he's not on steroids/performance enhancers, he's one of a small handful of pro athlete in the modern era to maintain his game for so long and most of his peers did use something...

I say he's got a fair portion of "lucky" to his story, though it's not all that (there's cheating too!), but seriously he's very good. The Seahawks should have ran the ball. The Falcons blowing a major lead was their own fault, they would have won if they'd have gotten a first down in the forth quarter.

The Tuck Rule game.(oh yeah, the coin flip yesterday) I'm sure I'm missing some, but I'm fine forgetting some of it. Won't miss em when their gone and I won't let the goofy media tell me other wise. 

• Like 2