Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SB Patriots Rams Predictions

danlhart87

10 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You're being very vague and dodgy about why you're so active right now.

It's very coincidental that a number of Pats fans seem to have come out of the woodwork on this forum after the Pats won the other night...

:thinking:

Well they only post regularly when they beat us or are in the SB been that way since I joined lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You're being very vague and dodgy about why you're so active right now.

It's very coincidental that a number of Pats fans seem to have come out of the woodwork on this forum after the Pats won the other night...

:thinking:

I can't really say one way or the other if we (Pats fans) have been coming out of the woodwork or not. I only check here occasionally... I got sucked into the rabbit hole yesterday. Admittedly. 

I first started posting on this board (or a version of it) back in 2004. I've made some friends over the years. I was here for "Krafty Bob" and "Tuba Guy" and many colorful personalities from both sides of the rivalry. 

If I've offended you or anyone these past two days, I apologize - that's not my MO here. I tend to treat people in the same manner in which I'm treated. A lot of newer posters who maybe didn't know me before have taken their shots at me and other Pats fans, so... that's the whole "poetic justice" kind of thing. I took a long break after Deflategate (over 2 years if I recall correctly) because of what I considered to be personal attacks. But whatever, that's not a big deal and it certainly has nothing to do with you. I've always enjoyed your lighthearted posts and sense-of-humor. If we were having this conversation in person, I'd offer to buy the beer. 

Enjoying the success of the Patriots is not a case of me reveling in the misfortune of others. If I wanted to do that, I've had plenty of opportunities, since the Colts have only recently reemerged as a contender in the AFC. But between Deflategate, the Josh McDaniels situation, and other general (misguided) animosity that's been directed at me and my fellow Pats fans... yes, I've stooped lower than I wanted to at times, or meant to. I'm human, what can I say. 

I wish you guys no ill will. Sports are fun but sometimes we all take it a little too seriously. 

Cheers to you, and peace out. You're a good guy. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Back at ya!  I have a lot of respect for BB, Brady and what the Pats have accomplished.

You're a classy Pats fan.

giphy.gif

Thank you sir, glad we could get past all that! :thmup:

17 hours ago, Roger said:

Well excuse me, Herr GoPats. I typed it from memory.  Bet you looked it up.

I did, lol... figured it was obvious! My apologies to you as well, I was messing around here but didn't make that clear enough. Sorry about that! 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 10:38 PM, 18Manning said:

I hate the Pats, but if I was a betting man, I'd bet on them. Friggin' Pats in the SB again! I know I'll sound like I'm just a Pats hater, I admitted I am, but I would think the same team making it to the SB so many times has to bad for ratings. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Pats vs Chiefs got highest ratings since last Superbowl.  I think a lot of people tune in to see the Pats lose.

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

James white will break his record for receptions. Julian Eldeman will have 10 1st down receptions.

Suh and Donald won't get one finger on Brady.

The Rams will keep Pace with the Patriots. But will leave Brady too much time in the end

Brady could snap the ball for the first play of the game, run the entire quarter out on that one play because his offensive line gives him an eternity to throw the ball (Brady could probably squeeze the ball between his legs and play on his phone while the clock is running down), and no one would still make any mention of how well he's protected.

My wild card for the game: McVay, known for his aggressiveness, calls an aggressive play at the wrong time and decides the game.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:38 PM, 18Manning said:

I hate the Pats, but if I was a betting man, I'd bet on them. Friggin' Pats in the SB again! I know I'll sound like I'm just a Pats hater, I admitted I am, but I would think the same team making it to the SB so many times has to bad for ratings. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Well...I won’t be watching. I’ve seen where a lot of other people online have indicated that they won’t be watching either.  Also heard on one of the sports talk shows where they were speculating that this may be the lowest rated Super Bowl in some time.  Maybe if ratings are low enough the NFL will finally get the message. The game manipulations and forced Brady/Pats narrative have run their course and people are tuning out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m pulling for the Rams but it would be an upset. It wouldn’t exactly be an 18-1 level upset but I think it would be an upset. Now all fandom aside, here are the most possible outcomes imo.

If it’s a tight game from the opening whistle then the Pats win. That’s what they do.

If the Pats jump on them early then I say the Rams come back and win. They’ve done it in every big game this year, with the exception being the Saints game even though they did come back and tie that game. They only lost it after the comeback and said afterwards that they learned about being conservative after a comeback.

If the Rams jump out the Pats won’t quit and they’ll make us nervous somewhere in the middle but the Rams will win that one too. They have the OL and the RBs to win any game if they’re spotted points unlike teams who have blew leads before. The Rams are straight out of the 60s in this regard.

So the Rams win in 2 of the 3 most likely turns of events. I’m excited. It should be a good un.

Bold predication time. 

As I was ranting in another thread about how the final mins are going to go down on Sunday. I began thinking about all the "crazy" things we are going to see..

1: Tom Brady will get the ball out fast

2: Tom Brady will take away the other teams best weapon

3: Tom Brady will play excellent press man coverage

4: Tom Brady will apply pressure to Jared Goff throughout the night

5: Tom Brady will make the right adjustments at halftime

I won't predict the score, but my bold prediction is:

Not only will the Rams not being able to sack, they won't pressure him once...