Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SB Patriots Rams Predictions

danlhart87

I honestly don't think there is anything you can do defensely to stop the pats. Brady juat doesn't hold on to the ball longer then 3 seconds. The only issue I see with their offense is their not a big play offense. Its death by a 1000 paper cuts and the only way to limit that is to play sound red zone defense and make them kick FGs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

WR, RB, DT, CB to an extent. Those are the 4 positions they will burn the Pats on. I believe they will shut down the run and force Brady to pass. I do believe Gurley is somewhat hurt, but they have CJ Anderson to complement him. Pats get beat pretty bad IMO.

Lol the Saints showed the world how to beat LA O. Contain Gurley and the offense sputters.  The O runs threw him, which is a no duh.. the man is a beast!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

Dee Ford saved a Brady choke, but nobody is going to write that article.  

A Brady choke? How is he choking if Gronk was the one who let it hit his hands and bounce up in the air to be intercepted??  Maybe that’s why no one would write such an article..

18 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Lol the Saints showed the world how to beat LA O. Contain Gurley and the offense sputters.  The O runs threw him, which is a no duh.. the man is a beast!!

The Saints also have a run defense. I predicted that Gurley wouldn't do anything in that game. We'll see if the Pats can have the same success. Gurley will also be two weeks healthier, as well as CJ Anderson complementing him. Like I said, unless Brady retires before the SB, they will lose. Read my 3 reasons why earlier in this thread. I'll do an avatar bet with you if you think I'm full of it. The story writes itself.

31 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Nervous. Wasted pizza because of lost appetite. Drama. Cursing. And pain.

The best defender in the game won't let a hand on Brady. And who are Goffs WR's?

I ate my pizza on Saturday lol. Goff has good WR's. Cooks, Woods, and Reynolds. Gurley is also used as a receiver quite often. It sucks, but it is what it is. If you think the Pats will win the SB, bet on them by all means. At least the SB will be easier to watch if you are "covered" both ways. I did that with the AFC Championship game. 

I think the game could go either way.

You have Tom Brady, one of the greatest (I just threw up in my mouth) QB's in recent history.  He has five Super Bowl Rings and the one where they beat the Falcons was during an honest season.

Then there's Belichick who can prepare the team well.  It was fun watching him throw that clipboard yesterday, though.  Lots of weapons on the O side of the ball.

I think the Rams D would be the only thing that saves them.  Both teams will put points on the board but I think the Wade Phillips D of the Rams has the advantage. 

I'm hoping that the Rams win as I like what McVey has done with the team.  Either way, I have very little interest in this Super Bowl. 

Brady wins his 6th and then laughs and says in the postseason interview with the Lombardi:"I still want to play and win some more of these, I'll stop America when I get 10. I'd like to thank Dee Ford for lining 2 inches offsides, the coin toss, and let's not forget that dude who slapped me on the shoulder for 15 yards." Pats 35, Rams 31.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Go Pats, Goff winning will only result in people saying that Goff is better than Luck because he won a SB, so I really do not care if the Pats win at this point. Goff is not better than Luck or Mahomes for that matter. Wilson losing was great in SB 49, otherwise it would 2-0 Wilson over Luck ring wise. Wilson who isn't even Elite wouldve had 2 SB wins because he had a brute of a RB and one of the best defenses ever. Let Brady win 6 or 7 until Luck gets on his roll.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don’t really care whether or not other fans think another young QB is better than Luck.  If they make it and win the Super Bowl before him then props to them.  Luck should get to one himself then some Colts fans wouldn’t have to feel insecure when a younger QB beats him to it.    As far as Luck getting on a roll...we all hope that happens but with the emergence of Mahomes it becomes much more difficult.  I don’t really see Luck as the best young QB of his era so my perspective probably differs from most Colts fans.   I just hope we can at least win one Lombardi with him.  He has been either hit or miss in the post season so far in his career. 

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I don’t really care whether or not other fans think another young QB is better than Luck.  If they make it and win the Super Bowl before him then props to them.  Luck should get to one himself then some Colts fans wouldn’t have to feel insecure when a younger QB beats him to it.    As far as Luck getting on a roll...we all hope that happens but with the emergence of Mahomes it becomes much more difficult.  I don’t really see Luck as the best young QB of his era so my perspective probably differs from most Colts fans.   I just hope we can at least win one Lombardi with him.  He has been either hit or miss in the post season so far in his career. 

I can see us vs the Chiefs in the AFC Title Game next year unless the Pats do their thing again. As of now we are the 3rd best team in the AFC IMO with Luck being healthy and we still have 9 Draft picks and Free Agency to go :thmup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DraftMaster said:

Brady wins his 6th and then laughs and says in the postseason interview with the Lombardi:"I still want to play and win some more of these, I'll stop America when I get 10. I'd like to thank Dee Ford for lining 2 inches offsides, the coin toss, and let's not forget that dude who slapped me on the shoulder for 15 yards." Pats 35, Rams 31.

You are probably right so I had to laugh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can see us vs the Chiefs in the AFC Title Game next year unless the Pats do their thing again. As of now we are the 3rd best team in the AFC IMO with Luck being healthy and we still have 9 Draft picks and Free Agency to go :thmup:

If Pats win again I really hope Brady retires.  I have Patriots fatigue right now.  Lol 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

If Pats win again I really hope Brady retires.  I have Patriots fatigue right now.  Lol 

I do too, it is so stale at this point. Even when the Patriots lose they win somehow lmao . Chiefs win on an INT and then they don't because of an offside on a guy that had nothing to do with the play. It is so laughable. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was hoping for Saints vs Chiefs so it may be a marathon of the Munsters and my own SB party at home alone with wings and beer lmao 

I may join you. Lol. I'm not following any Super Bowl related event. I love to listen to Golic and Wingo in the morning. I did not listen this morning and I hope I can go a few weeks without listening/watching them, as I don't want to hear about the Patriots or the Rams.

The Chiefs would have been a nice story. I also would not have minded the Saints, although 95% of Vikes fans rooted against the Saints. I like Drew Brees and Teddy B is the backup QB. I can't root against any team that Teddy is on unless it is the Pats, Packers or Cowboys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I may join you. Lol. I'm not following any Super Bowl related event. I love to listen to Golic and Wingo in the morning. I did not listen this morning and I hope I can go a few weeks without listening/watching them, as I don't want to hear about the Patriots or the Rams.

The Chiefs would have been a nice story. I also would not have minded the Saints, although 95% of Vikes fans rooted against the 'Saints, as we call them. I like Drew Brees and Teddy B is the backup QB. I can't root against any team that Teddy is on unless it is the Pats, Packers or Cowboys.

I hope Rams win but I seriously do not see it. I do not like either team so this is a bummer for me. 

• Like 1

Outside of the Chargers game, the Pats really haven't played all that well in the second half of the season.  They didn't play all that well yesterday and should have lost.  It's the Pats, so they're given the benefit of the doubt, but it's a winnable game for the Rams.  

This is a tough one to call.

If you look at the three NE losses in the Super Bowl - twice to the Giants, once to the Eagles - those were not the powerhouse teams of the NFC in those seasons. They were more of the "catch lightning in a bottle" kind of teams, like the Patriots were in 2001. Credit to NY and Philly for playing far over their heads, but something tells me the Patriots will be better off playing the Rams than they would be playing one of these red-hot, road-tested teams. 

The Rams are better than Philly was last year. They're better than the Falcons were two years ago (better defense) and maybe on-par with the '14 Seahawks. 

I like the Patriots in a game very similar to last night's. Maybe a slow start, but something in the range of 31-28 or 34-31. 

6 hours ago, JimJaime said:

A Brady choke? How is he choking if Gronk was the one who let it hit his hands and bounce up in the air to be intercepted??  Maybe that’s why no one would write such an article..

Whoops, I knew there was another Pat fan i needed to put on ignore.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, GoPats said:

You missed one more. 

Way to ignore the question though. :thmup:

You sure have been awfully active in this forum today.  Is it just a coincidence, or is it because the Pats won last night?

Are you enjoying Colts fans' misery?

They have a word for people that find joy in the misery of others...

17 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You sure have been awfully active in this forum today.  Is it just a coincidence, or is it because the Pats won last night?

Are you enjoying Colts fans' misery?

They have a word for people that find joy in the misery of others...

There are actually lots of words for those people. Most of them aren't allowed here. haha

It's all about your perspective. For me, this is poetic justice.

3 hours ago, GoPats said:

There are actually lots of words for those people. Most of them aren't allowed here. haha

It's all about your perspective. For me, this is poetic justice.

Shadenfreude is the word. Colts fans want Brady's goat to die.

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You're saying you're on a Colts forum to gloat about the Pats and rub it in about the Colts?

That's pretty sad.  :lol:

Nope, never said that. 

You have no idea where I'm going with this and you're a mile off, so... we'll just leave it at that.

5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Ok, so why are you, a Pats fan, so active on a Colts forum right after the Pats win another AFCCG?

Explain the poetic justice.

I guess to see if people have come to their senses about a lot of things? But obviously they have not! 

It's all good. Solider on. 

Just now, GoPats said:

I guess to see if people have come to their senses about a lot of things? But obviously they have not! 

It's all good. Solider on.

You're being very vague and dodgy about why you're so active right now.

It's very coincidental that a number of Pats fans seem to have come out of the woodwork on this forum after the Pats won the other night...

:thinking: