Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SB Patriots Rams Predictions

danlhart87

I hate the Pats, but if I was a betting man, I'd bet on them. Friggin' Pats in the SB again! I know I'll sound like I'm just a Pats hater, I admitted I am, but I would think the same team making it to the SB so many times has to bad for ratings. Maybe I'm wrong. 

21 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

I would think the same team making it to the SB so many times has to bad for ratings. Maybe I'm wrong.

I read that tickets to the Superbowl cost more when the Pats are playing, so I'd imagine TV ratings would also be better.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Rams will win this easy. 3 reasons.

1.) The Rams will win it for LA. 

2.) The Rams will get their win back from 2001 Vs Brady

3.) Brady is not retiring yet. The Pats will win a SB when Brady retires.

34-24 Rams

I disagree, I think Goff craps his pants and the Pats not only win but win big.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We'll see. I can see Goff doing that, but I don't believe in the Pats in this matchup.

I haven't watch the Rams much this season. What key positions are you referring to that the Rams match up well against the Patriots? Enthusiasm will only carry a team so far.

Do they have a good defender to man against Gronk? Do they have a decent enough offense to keep up with Brady? Do they have a pass rush to rattle Brady? Do they have a run game to keep Brady off the field?

1 minute ago, ReMeDy said:

I haven't watch the Rams much this season. What key positions are you referring to that the Rams match up well against the Patriots?

WR, RB, DT, CB to an extent. Those are the 4 positions they will burn the Pats on. I believe they will shut down the run and force Brady to pass. I do believe Gurley is somewhat hurt, but they have CJ Anderson to complement him. Pats get beat pretty bad IMO.

4 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I haven't watch the Rams much this season. What key positions are you referring to that the Rams match up well against the Patriots? Enthusiasm will only carry a team so far.

Do they have a good defender to man against Gronk? Do they have a decent enough offense to keep up with Brady? Do they have a pass rush to rattle Brady? Do they have a run game to keep Brady off the field?

They have a better defense than KC. They have crazy Suh and Talib LOL.

Goff and the Rams beat America's Teams....  Dallas and Saints... they HAVE to beat the evil empire. OH MY PLEASE.... 

• Like 1

I'll be interested to see what Belichick and McVay come up with having two weeks to gameplan for each other.  But that's about it...

I'm not looking forward to two weeks of east coast vs. west coast drama leading up to an overhyped game full of ridiculous calls/no-calls by the refs.

And it's almost a foregone conclusion that there will be a dramatic ending in OT where Brady ascends to football heaven...  Congrats NFL.  I hate you.

:tvsmash:  :scorebad:  :puke:

• Like 3

Ahem!  Pats lost last year.  This Rams team is better imo than those Eagles.  McVay is the model coach that is being patterned lately.  Offensive genius type.   Best defensive player in the league is Donald..  Wade Phillips knows how to prepare a defense. I think the Rams win this. 

• Like 2

Am I the only person on earth who thinks Payton deserves just as much blame as any ref for the loss the way the last drive in regulation played out? 

He got cute cute and tried to put up 7 instead of running the clock, burning LA timeouts, and trusting his D in a short game situation. 

He bungled the simplest of late game situations and opened the doors To invite whatever kind of crazy wanted to come waltzing in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dodsworth said:

No one cares, the Pats in the SB blah blah blah. My TV will be off.

Mine too. What a boring match up.  We all know how the League wants this one to play out. I’m not subjecting myself to another Brady coronation ritual. Boycotting this year’s Super Bowl. I hope others do too and the game has poor ratings. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Mine too. What a boring match up.  We all know how the League wants this one to play out. I’m not subjecting myself to another Brady coronation ritual. Boycotting this year’s Super Bowl. I hope others do too and the game has poor ratings. 

Go Pats, Goff winning will only result in people saying that Goff is better than Luck because he won a SB, so I really do not care if the Pats win at this point. Goff is not better than Luck or Mahomes for that matter. Wilson losing was great in SB 49, otherwise it would 2-0 Wilson over Luck ring wise. Wilson who isn't even Elite wouldve had 2 SB wins because he had a brute of a RB and one of the best defenses ever. Let Brady win 6 or 7 until Luck gets on his roll. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I disagree, I think Goff craps his pants and the Pats not only win but win big.

This is pretty much how I feel. I think Goff will choke on the day. You just know that the Pats won’t though, Brady, Edelman and Michel will have their way. Hopefully I’m talking absolute garbage and it’s the other way around. Hopefully it’s going to be just like last year’s Super Bowl party over here, there will be about 200 people cheering for the Rams and the 3 Pats fans trying to hide in the corner, then trying to slink off out the door while nobody is looking.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

I am not sure why Goff would be considered better than Luck if he wins. He has McVay. Most rational people would also never consider Brees better than Manning because of Sean Payton. 

Some People think like that, Is Russell Wilson better than Luck? He clearly isn't but a Seahawks fan will say RING lmao 

• Like 1

For the Rams to win they have to do three things:

1) Donald, Suh, and Fowler providing consistent pressure. That and this would surely limit New England’s run game too. 

2) Get Todd Gurley going. Use CJ Anderson in short yardage situations. 

3) Win the time of possession.