oldunclemark

New England (+3) at Kansas City (1-20-19)

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Frank needs to be taking some notes. As much as we hate McDaniels, he schemes & calls a great game.  I wonder if Frank would have done the same had we sustained that first drive?  

Nah, McDaniels has nothing to do with how the Pats defense is playing. Their defense is controlling this game. Pats only have 14 points, Chiefs normally score that in their sleep. Mahomes is playing like Pagel.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

The truth is: KC holding NE to 14 at the half...is pretty good for them.

Getting shut out is the problem..

Mahimes isn't nearly as confident as he was against us (and everybody else)

I’m telling you...our cover 2 scheme is our downfall.  Good quarterbacks will exploit it more times than not. Pats defense is challenging those wideouts and applying pressure to Mahomes.  Makes a world of difference. 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

He lost to Foles

It was not Foles first season as a starter.

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Did anyone think that BB would lose to Mahomes? :lol:

I did...….. Im not sure its over yet

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Brady is going to play another few years. He isn’t going anywhere yet.

It’s brutal. Home field or not your team better be prepared. One day he’ll go away when Luck is 34. 

Brady is playing well, but 20+ current QB's could do this if they were in his shoes this season. Belichek, McDaniels & Ernie Adams = unstoppable. 

That stadium feels like we did back in the day at 21-3 in 06'.

They better score because if they go down 3 scores they're dead.

Just now, MPStack said:

It was not Foles first season as a starter.

Mahomes is light years better than Foles.  

Mahomes has crapped the bed. Missed TD plus sack leading to no FG was like a 14 point swing. He’s playing like his first time. The Chiefs D has been respectable, Mahomes is the problem 

For all those who thought Osweiler needed to start over Peyton then, this is what happens if you’ve not been there before

• Like 1

should have been a better half.   Could have been a lot worse.

Hopefully the Chiefs show up the 2nd half.    

• Like 1

Belichick was happy going to the half 7-0, but Reid took a timeout on 3rd down, even though he's getting the ball to start the 2nd half.  Big mistake.

• Like 2

Chiefs Nation was getting all haughty and feeling themselves last week.  If they blow this game they still playoff chokers who haven’t won anything since the 1960’s. 

I'll say this. The Patriots sure don't miss Patricia do they? Hoodie and the defense haven't skipped a beat. 

• Like 1

It's just another example of how nobody is the next Pats until Tommy and Bill are officially watching football games from their couches.

7 minutes ago, KB said:

There was a pattern in the AFC. We shut out the Texans in the first half. KC shut us out last week. KC gets shut out in the first half. If NE goes to win this will the get shut out by LA next week? Interesting.

Two weeks.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Mahomes has crapped the bed. Missed TD plus sack leading to no FG was like a 14 point swing. He’s playing like his first time. The Chiefs D has been respectable, Mahomes is the problem 

He's done well to have the season he's had.  He's not the first guy to get stuffed by Belichik.  Let's see how KC adjusts.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah, McDaniels has nothing to do with how the Pats defense is playing. Their defense is controlling this game. Pats only have 14 points, Chiefs normally score that in their sleep. Mahomes is playing like Pagel.

Don’t discount what McDaniels, Brady , & the Pats offense is doing.  7 for 9 on 3rd down and 25 rushes for 99 yards in the first half with a 21 minute time of possession matters too.  That’s the gameplan the Colts should have run.  It’s freezing temperatures. You don’t try to win a shootout.  You sustain drives and chew up clock.  Perfect offensive gameplan so far. And I hate McDaniels but I recognize the guy exploits mismatches. You don’t think Brady was glad he stayed?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For all those who thought Osweiler needed to start over Peyton then, this is what happens if you’ve not been there before

They have stopped the Pats once. Brady threw a pick that took a minimum of 3 off the board...  but I agree the Pats D was the star of the first half.. let’s see how they do in the second half.. (they looked great the first meeting too and gave up like 30+ in the second half)

Luck played better last week than Mahomes has so far today. I can't recall the Patriots ever blowing a lead of being up 14 or more in the Playoffs except against us in the 2006 Title Game. They win 99% of the time in this situation. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'll say this. The Patriots sure don't miss Patricia do they? Hoodie and the defense haven't skipped a beat. 

It’s all about The Hoodie.  Those assistants including Josh can kick rocks.  Heck...Brady can to while we at it.  He isn’t doing anything special. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Don’t discount what McDaniels, Brady , & the Pats offense is doing.  7 for 9 on 3rd down and 25 rushes for 99 yards in the first half with a 21 minute time of possession matters too.  That’s the gameplan the Colts should have run.  It’s freezing temperatures. You don’t try to win a shootout.  You sustain drives and chew up clock.  Perfect offensive gameplan so far. And I hate McDaniels but I recognize the guy exploits mismatches. You don’t think Brady was glad he stayed?  

Good points but Mahomes is playing like Pagel. Chiefs with 0 so far. 

That's what I'm talking about!  WooHoo

• Like 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

TD pass to Kelce....KC lights up the big plays...14-7 now

Wow.  My CBS on Roku is 45 seconds behind.  Lol

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

Wow.  My CBS on Roku is 45 seconds behind.  Lol

sorry Dingus....spoiler alert

• Haha 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

How did Romo get this job. He is terrible.

They asked him if he could fill up every second of dead air time. He said “no problem.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

How did Romo get this job. He is terrible.

No hes not,  hes the best