Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (+3) at Kansas City (1-20-19)

oldunclemark

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Frank needs to be taking some notes. As much as we hate McDaniels, he schemes & calls a great game.  I wonder if Frank would have done the same had we sustained that first drive?  

Nah, McDaniels has nothing to do with how the Pats defense is playing. Their defense is controlling this game. Pats only have 14 points, Chiefs normally score that in their sleep. Mahomes is playing like Pagel.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

The truth is: KC holding NE to 14 at the half...is pretty good for them.

Getting shut out is the problem..

Mahimes isn't nearly as confident as he was against us (and everybody else)

I’m telling you...our cover 2 scheme is our downfall.  Good quarterbacks will exploit it more times than not. Pats defense is challenging those wideouts and applying pressure to Mahomes.  Makes a world of difference. 

Mahomes has crapped the bed. Missed TD plus sack leading to no FG was like a 14 point swing. He’s playing like his first time. The Chiefs D has been respectable, Mahomes is the problem 

For all those who thought Osweiler needed to start over Peyton then, this is what happens if you’ve not been there before

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Mahomes has crapped the bed. Missed TD plus sack leading to no FG was like a 14 point swing. He’s playing like his first time. The Chiefs D has been respectable, Mahomes is the problem 

He's done well to have the season he's had.  He's not the first guy to get stuffed by Belichik.  Let's see how KC adjusts.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah, McDaniels has nothing to do with how the Pats defense is playing. Their defense is controlling this game. Pats only have 14 points, Chiefs normally score that in their sleep. Mahomes is playing like Pagel.

Don’t discount what McDaniels, Brady , & the Pats offense is doing.  7 for 9 on 3rd down and 25 rushes for 99 yards in the first half with a 21 minute time of possession matters too.  That’s the gameplan the Colts should have run.  It’s freezing temperatures. You don’t try to win a shootout.  You sustain drives and chew up clock.  Perfect offensive gameplan so far. And I hate McDaniels but I recognize the guy exploits mismatches. You don’t think Brady was glad he stayed?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For all those who thought Osweiler needed to start over Peyton then, this is what happens if you’ve not been there before

They have stopped the Pats once. Brady threw a pick that took a minimum of 3 off the board...  but I agree the Pats D was the star of the first half.. let’s see how they do in the second half.. (they looked great the first meeting too and gave up like 30+ in the second half)

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'll say this. The Patriots sure don't miss Patricia do they? Hoodie and the defense haven't skipped a beat. 

It’s all about The Hoodie.  Those assistants including Josh can kick rocks.  Heck...Brady can to while we at it.  He isn’t doing anything special. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Don’t discount what McDaniels, Brady , & the Pats offense is doing.  7 for 9 on 3rd down and 25 rushes for 99 yards in the first half with a 21 minute time of possession matters too.  That’s the gameplan the Colts should have run.  It’s freezing temperatures. You don’t try to win a shootout.  You sustain drives and chew up clock.  Perfect offensive gameplan so far. And I hate McDaniels but I recognize the guy exploits mismatches. You don’t think Brady was glad he stayed?  

Good points but Mahomes is playing like Pagel. Chiefs with 0 so far.