Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

New England (+3) at Kansas City (1-20-19)

6:40 EST   Jim Nantz, Tony Romo and Tracy Wolfson (in prime time) on CBS

AFC final game: Mid 20s and light winds (major change in the weather), over-under at 56  at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City

40-something superstar 'Shady' Tom Brady (375 of 570, 4,335 yards, 29 TDs, 11 INTs) will try to beat the Chiefs a second time with TE Rob Gronkowski (47 catches, 682 yards), WR Julian Edelman (74 catches, 850 yards) and RB James White (87 catches, 751 yards).

Rookie RB Sony Michel gained 931 yards on 208 carries during the regular season but a key in this game will be if Michel can pass block against a KC defense that was  No.1 in the NFL in QB sacks (52) during the regular season and gets all-pro Eric Berry back off injury at safety.

Patriots are 9-0 at home and 3-5 on the road.  Chiefs are 8-1 at home.

KC second year 'WonderBoy" Pat Mahomes (383 of 580, 5,097 yards, 50 TDs, 12 INTs) will try to fire up the 1-2 punch of WR Tyreek Hill (87 catches, 1,479 yards) and TE Travis Kelce (103 catches, 1,336 yards) against a Patriot defense that had 18 interceptions but just 27 QB sacks during the regular season.    Watch for Sammy Watkins (40 catches, 519 yards) as well in this game as the Chiefs just don't run much sine they lost rushing leader Kareem Hunt. The Chiefs led the NFL in yards gained (6,910) but Hunt had 1200 of those.

KC's defense gave up 6,400 yards but their defensive line batted down five of Andrew Luck's passes last week in the 31-13 win over the Colts,

The weather Gods must love KC. Six days ago, the forecast was for a high of 11 Sunday which would have favored New England because they can run the ball. . Now the Sunday night forecast is for Mid-20s with light winds. That wont bother Mahomes and his receivers.

Here's two teams that cant stop each other and KC cant run the ball.  If I have to make a choice I'll take KC and I'll give the three points.

And not just because the Chiefs are young and fresh and the Pats are old and nasty.

Home field means a lot for pass rushing and KC is very good at that.  And Eric Berry is a very good player to be adding for this game..

The over-under on game time: 4 hours, 20 minutes.

The over-under on points:  57.

The over-under on passes by Pat Mahomes: 50

The over-under on defensive holding penalties on the Patriots:  one

The over-under on Travis Kelce' McDonalds commercials : 12

The over-under on Chiefs fans thrown show and ice balls at the Patriots:  10

Take the 'over' on all of these crucial questions:agree:

Is Taking the Pats +3 A Lock considering who the Pats are and their history in Big games?

We could find out very soon in game. If KC adopts the Chargers defensive strategy in  last week's game and play Zone and cushion then the Pats will roll to another Super Bowl.

If KC is serious about stopping Brady they will play a similar defensive srategy that the Lions & Titans used against New England. Pressure up the middle with tight man press cover.

I'm going to guess KC's defensive strategy will be similar to the Chargers, I hope I'm wrong tho.

11 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Is Taking the Pats +3 A Lock considering who the Pats are and their history in Big games?

We could find out very soon in game. If KC adopts the Chargers defensive strategy in  last week's game and play Zone and cushion then the Pats will roll to another Super Bowl.

If KC is serious about stopping Brady they will play a similar defensive srategy that the Lions & Titans used against New England. Pressure up the middle with tight man press cover.

I'm going to guess KC's defensive strategy will be similar to the Chargers, I hope I'm wrong tho.

History (before this year) really doesnt matter but if we go there….Pats have lost the last two AFC title games on the road...….

I just think the lack of a pass rush by NE is going to make things comfortable for Mahomes..

The pats needed it to be really cold....with high winds (like it is here)

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

History (before this year) really doesnt matter but if we go there….Pats have lost the last two AFC title games on the road...….

I just think the lack of a pass rush by NE is going to make things comfortable for Mahomes..

Your looking at the game in a logical way, at talent, matchups etc.... The Chiefs should win based on that critera.

I'm looking at it as a another possoble suspicious hanky panky game the Pats are involved in? 

15 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

No, if you saw what they did vs the Colts, they are going man coverage vs the pass catchers. That is how the Chiefs and Broncos have beaten the Patriots in the past, that is probably what they will do.

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Cold doesn't matter, winds matter but if you have a very good to elite arm, your throws can cut through the wind, unlike Peyton. :) 

Both QBs have very good to elite arm talent in this matchup.

19 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

They will play man. They have played like that all year, every year under Bob Sutton (since 2013).

I am glad this is the late game, I can't wait for this one. If I was a betting man here, I would stay away from this one. This is a 50/50 game IMO.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

No, if you saw what they did vs the Colts, they are going man coverage vs the pass catchers. That is how the Chiefs and Broncos have beaten the Patriots in the past, that is probably what they will do.

We hope that's the strategy. But teams often have a brain fart vs pats.

Patriots are going to run, run, run. What we should've done...

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

And they're going to pass, pass, pass.

NE is blocking the KC front very well early on

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Exactly...but we were behind so quickly

5 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Lol yeah... 

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Actually, they are running a lot. But to be fair, our first play of the game was a run, and it got stuffed. We probably should ran a bit more, though. 

Patriots showing the difference between us and them on this first drive. 

5 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

True words...The 'show' hasn't started yet

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

Actually, they are running a lot. But to be fair, our first play of the game was a run, and it got stuffed. We probably should ran a bit more, though. 

Patriots showing the difference between us and them on this first drive. 

It's true... I hate saying it, but man we are not even close to their level. 

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

What a drive by the GOAT!

:puke:

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

No we are not. But there was a lot of other factors that went into our game. We just ran out of gas and were not ready for the field conditions.

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

NE is blocking the KC front very well early on

Exactly...but we were behind so quickly

We stopped running after we were down 7-0. WT to early to stop.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The still stands: : Who can stop Mahomes..Nobody has

So far, the Hoodie is doing his best... Sigh... 

Really bad field position now for the home team. 

Just looked like the Pats doubled Hill, single covered everyone else and blitzed

..a little risky...but so far, so good

Brady will have this defense dog tired by the 4th.

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If it's any consolation, the rest of the NFL isn't close, either. 

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Wow

You didn't see this? KC getting owned?