Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

Los Angeles (+3) at New Orleans (1-20-19)

Recommended Posts

3:05 EST    Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews (The 'A' Team) on FOX

the NFC final game. Over-under at 57 inside the old Louisiana SuperDome

 

QB Jared Goff (364 of 561, 4,688 yards, 32 TDs, 12 INTs) has to be happy to get anther shot at the Saints, who beat L.A. 45-35 in week nine.

The Rams have top receivers in Robert Woods (86 catches, 1,219 yards) and Brandin Cooks (80 catches, 1,204 yards) but last week they got over 100 yards rushing out of speedy Todd Gurley and hard running reject CJ Anderson.

   The Rams (14-3) scored 30 or more points 13 times in regular season 16 games.  They were No. 2 in the NFL in total yards with 6,738 in 16 games and No. 1 in first downs (401) .  But this will be the first time in 18 games this year that the Rams are not favored. The Saints have allowed just 1,283 yards rushing (80 yards rushing) in the regular season.

 

NOLA QB Drew (King Creole) Brees (364 of 489, 3,992 yards,. 32 TDs, 5 INTs) led the NFL in completion percentage (74.4%) and he fond a way to rally the saints from a 14-0 deficit to beat Philadelphia last week.

If the Saints' offense has seem lame in recent weeks that's not your imagination. New Orleans has scored 115 points (17.5 ) in their last six games.  

Still, all-NFL WR Michael Thomas (125 catches, 1,405 yards) and RV Alvin Komara (18 TDs) are ready to roll against a Rams' defense that game up an uncomfortable 2,000 yards rushing in 16 games.

 

   In the 45-35 game, the Saints' Michael Thomas gained a career-high 211 yards on 12 catches and his matchup with Rams CB Aqib Talib (who did not play in that game) is the feature matchup here. .The Rams have 18 pass interceptions but nobody picks off Brees.  They have 42 sacks (Aaron Donald has 20) 1/2) but nobody sacks Brees either. The Rams paid a lot of money for a lot of veterans with the thought that they'd be in this game.  On the other hand, Drew Brees is older than dirt and this is likely the last time he'll be in a conference championship game. 

 

     Here's a delayed Christmas gift. The over-under is 57..and somebody's smokin' something . Take the 'under' The Saints simply haven't scored a lot of points lately and they are facing a defensive line that will cause them problems. I dont see Goff rolling up big yards on the road against the New Orleans defense that has 44 sacks and has allowed 72 rushing first downs in 16 games.

 

    To be honest, while these two teams deserve to be here and either would make a worthy Super Bowl team, both of the are as boring as C-Span. Unless Talib starts snatching chains or Ndamukong Suh steps on somebody, you may have to go out and shovel snow at halftime to stay awake.  

Take the under, turn down the sound and 'binge watch' Law and Order.   

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

3:05 EST    Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews (The 'A' Team) on FOX

the NFC final game. Over-under at 57 inside the old Louisiana SuperDome

 

QB Jared Goff (364 of 561, 4,688 yards, 32 TDs, 12 INTs) has to be happy to get anther shot at the Saints, who beat L.A. 45-35 in week nine.

The Rams have top receivers in Robert Woods (86 catches, 1,219 yards) and Brandin Cooks (80 catches, 1,204 yards) but last week they got over 100 yards rushing out of speedy Todd Gurley and hard running reject CJ Anderson.

   The Rams (14-3) scored 30 or more points 13 times in regular season 16 games.  They were No. 2 in the NFL in total yards with 6,738 in 16 games and No. 1 in first downs (401) .  But this will be the first time in 18 games this year that the Rams are not favored. The Saints have allowed just 1,283 yards rushing (80 yards rushing) in the regular season.

 

NOLA QB Drew (King Creole) Brees (364 of 489, 3,992 yards,. 32 TDs, 5 INTs) led the NFL in completion percentage (74.4%) and he fond a way to rally the saints from a 14-0 deficit to beat Philadelphia last week.

If the Saints' offense has seem lame in recent weeks that's not your imagination. New Orleans has scored 115 points (17.5 ) in their last six games.  

Still, all-NFL WR Michael Thomas (125 catches, 1,405 yards) and RV Alvin Komara (18 TDs) are ready to roll against a Rams' defense that game up an uncomfortable 2,000 yards rushing in 16 games.

 

   In the 45-35 game, the Saints' Michael Thomas gained a career-high 211 yards on 12 catches and his matchup with Rams CB Aqib Talib (who did not play in that game) is the feature matchup here. .The Rams have 18 pass interceptions but nobody picks off Brees.  They have 42 sacks (Aaron Donald has 20) 1/2) but nobody sacks Brees either. The Rams paid a lot of money for a lot of veterans with the thought that they'd be in this game.  On the other hand, Drew Brees is older than dirt and this is likely the last time he'll be in a conference championship game. 

 

     Here's a delayed Christmas gift. The over-under is 57..and somebody's smokin' something . Take the 'under' The Saints simply haven't scored a lot of points lately and they are facing a defensive line that will cause them problems. I dont see Goff rolling up big yards on the road against the New Orleans defense that has 44 sacks and has allowed 72 rushing first downs in 16 games.

 

    To be honest, while these two teams deserve to be here and either would make a worthy Super Bowl team, both of the are as boring as C-Span. Unless Talib starts snatching chains or Ndamukong Suh steps on somebody, you may have to go out and shovel snow at halftime to stay awake.  

Take the under, turn down the sound and 'binge watch' Law and Order.   

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic,   but the saints and rams are certainly not boring.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, it's been a defensive matchup. Rams had a costly interception and their offense isn't looking too hot to start. Saints O is being held up in the redzone. 

 

Definitely an interesting start to the game. Saints could really open stuff up with a score. 

 

6-0 Saints up for those not able to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, this week they don't call running into the kicker? Because it's "playoff football"? So, why did they call it against us last week when it legitimately could have been ruled incidental contact? Always interesting to see which teams get preferential treatment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Rams are getting killed here...

Yep. Wade's defense is looking undisciplined, which is uncharacteristic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband just reminded me that early on this season I said it was Drew's year :lombardi:  Could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is so loud there. I think even the announcers are having trouble!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

Feels a lot like the colts chiefs game last week

I just said the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Homefield advantage is huge in this game. 

 

Makes me wonder how loud the Chiefs fans will be tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Goff is playing like the moment is too big for him but that fake Punt saved the Rams. Trickery lmao 

Definitely jumpstarted the Rams offense. They're gettin' some momentum back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

FG's aren't going to cut it against Brees in his dome. Still 13-3.

Fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColtsSouljah said:

How was that not defensive holding?!

Is it me or have they allowed a little more defensive holding in the secondary in the post-season..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldunclemark said:

Is it me or have they allowed a little more defensive holding in the secondary in the post-season..?

Chiefs got away with it vs us :funny:, so it is not just you :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldunclemark said:

Is it me or have they allowed a little more defensive holding in the secondary in the post-season..?

They always do.    It's pretty dumb.   If it's a penalty in the regular season, it should be in the post season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got a ball game! 

 

Saints up 13-10 after a fast scoring drive by Goff, Cooks and Gurley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both teams playing good defense but in the playoffs only complete teams win the SB. Even in 2006 our defense played well in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

The Saints would man whoop the Patriots. Not sure about the Rams though

Hopefully the Chiefs will 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

The Saints would man whoop the Patriots. Not sure about the Rams though

That is one reason why I want the Saints to win, just in case the Pats do win. I don't believe the Rams will beat the Pats, I trust Brees much more than Goff. I can't see the Pats losing 2 SB's in a row to Foles than Goff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought it was going to be a blowout for a while.....nice to see a good competitive game so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams TD pass to TE Higbee at the 3 yardline. He was wide open. But the threat of handing off to RB's don't help the passing game?.haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Had Funchess been practing? I thought he had to practice for two weeks before being able to come back?
    • Oh you were right on that one.  I still won, but I missed out on having highest score of the week by .32 points.  Our league pays out for highest weekly scores. 
    • I think there's a danger with any position of getting enamoured with the 40 time, I'd put 3 cone over it certainly. However, as always never go by just one metric, and never put metrics over film.    For all that was written about him being a below average athlete, if you compare  him to some of the 'good' SS's in the league he matches up pretty well:   Willis 4.55s (40)/7.15s (3 Cone) Collins 4.53s (40)/7.53s (3 Cone) Chancellor 4.69s (40)/7.36s (3 Cone) Jones  4.51s (40)/7.43s (3 Cone)  Adams  4.56s (40)/6.96s (3 Cone)    etc etc... 
    • CeeDee Lamb would be the dream pick imo. Reminds me a lot of Hopkins/Thomas, good size, great route runner and hands. Means he could take on a high volume of targets in the short/intermediate range, something I think Frank Reich badly needs (that's why he was high on signing Funchess). Put him on the boundary opposite Hilton and Campbell in the slot and we have serious options. Not as high on Ruggs when we already have Hilton.   I like Mack as a lead back, but not 25 carries a game. I would prefer a legit RB2 to take some of that load off him, preferably a RB to compliments his game, so a heavier, more physical, north/south RB. This draft has options in the mid round.
    • Here's where I think Kelly 'fans' are distressed. To your point we don't know Kelly...fair.  So what do we know.  We know he can run, dude's fast.  We know he has a strong arm, like that.  We know he'll throw downfield and into tight windows, good!  We know he will stand in the pocket, check. We know he has the stuff to go into Alabama with an Ole Miss team and beat em, that no small thing. We also know he has off-field issues maybe he's grown up, don't know but we hear good things from Frank.  So to someone like me, I like what I see and like what I hear...Rally confused.   Here's what we know about Hoyer, he has none of those physical attributes but he's good in the QB room.  Ok, well, I'm good in QB room but you wouldn't want me under center.  There's an obvious hesitation here on the part of Frank and/or Chris to make Kelly a part of the permanent roster, they will likely cut him again and hope he clears waivers over Hoyer, that to me is absolutely stunning.  Either, Kelly is an off the field nightmare we shouldn't be investing in OR he should be at worst QB2. Hoyer is simply not good, we can get his level of performance literally anywhere, he's the prototypical failed backup and those are readily available on the cheap. I wouldn't understand keeping him over a contract when he weakens the team relative to someone like Kelly on game day.  So to a previous posters comment, why is Kelly here?  If he is such an integrity issue it's not our job to make a man out of him while he occupies a spot.  If he's is good enough physically, which he is, and he's on this roster, which he is, he should stay up and get some first team reps, as all back ups should and see how matures.  It starting to feel like some ego at play here.  All in all, our leadership was ill-prepared to deal with Brissett going down and choked this week in prep.  It's my hope we dump Hoyer who is useless and keep Kelly at QB2, I don't think that will happen.  My 2+ cents.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...