Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Inman on the herd

Restinpeacesweetchloe

12 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Second best receiver on the team. He’s a must to bring back! He came in and was a stud and the reliable guy Andrew needed.

I didn’t realize he was so tall. IF he had entire off season and started the season with Luck I think he could be even better next year. He was only here half the season. He wants to come back also.

• Like 2

Seems like a very good guy.  

My favorite part of the interview was when he was talking about locker room culture/etc.  and he highlighted that Luck always takes the blame on himself.  I was watching an interview with Emmanuel Sanders recently regarding Antonio Brown where E.S. said something like "If Big Ben called me out to the media after the game like he did to A.B. a few weeks ago, I would have felt disrespected and like I just got thrown under the bus."  I think AB is obviously a different character than Inman and others on the Colts team, but it's great to hear from our WRs that they all like playing with Luck and appreciate that as the leader of our team, Luck never deflects blame to anyone else but himself.

• Like 1

I heard another interview with him on JMV. Dontrelle comes across as a very impressive individual. I think he is a very intelligent person, brings good experience and is a good locker room presence. And in terms of talent, for me only TY is better than him at WR for the Colts. I would resign him, wont cost much, would be a reliable back up (when hopefully Ballard brings in more talent at the position group).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

I heard another interview with him on JMV. Dontrelle comes across as a very impressive individual. I think he is a very intelligent person, brings good experience and is a good locker room presence. And in terms of talent, for me only TY is better than him at WR for the Colts. I would resign him, wont cost much, would be a reliable back up (when hopefully Ballard brings in more talent at the position group).

LIke you, I come away thinking this guy is smart.  Same as Hines. 

Like everyone else I am hoping Ballard brings him back on a new contract.  His situation, being a mid year FA signing,  begs the question of why wasn't he signed earlier by any of the other 31 teams?   He's clearly demonstrated he's a good player.  Hard to believe he had to wait until mid season to find a team after watching him play this season.  Good for him and hopefully for us.  

Thanks for posting this Chloe, really enjoyable watch. I liked him before, but after watching that, love him now. He comes across as a real level headed guy, a great player to have around the locker room...and on the field. I hope he is up for the fight with us next year and I’ll bet I’m not the only one... Captain Andrew will be writing this to his mother as I type.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Wo need to find our next nr 1 in the draft. TY dont last forever, so draft a young stud, like we did with Reggie. 

TY would love to have his own Reggie, like Marvin had Reggie.

Inman, is a good WR, but he's on the downhill and 30 come next year. 

As long as he has his speed, he'll be golden, after that I don't see him moving to the slot. His got a small built to take the punishment. 

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Reliable set of hands.  Sometimes that's all you need. 

Let us say the KC Chiefs let go of Sammy Watkins and instead sign Inman for his reliable hands, would you be upset? I would be, if the price was reasonable to retain him. 

On 1/21/2019 at 3:02 PM, chad72 said:

Let us say the KC Chiefs let go of Sammy Watkins and instead sign Inman for his reliable hands, would you be upset? I would be, if the price was reasonable to retain him. 

??

I wasn't saying we shouldn't sign him.  I'm just noting that sometimes all you need to be an effective receiver is a reliable set of hands.  

I wouldn't really mind if they let all of the WRs that played this year go except TY and Inman.  Feels to me any of the others could be easily replaced.  Very average.

Would like to see those 2 guys, see Cain get a shot and any new guys.