Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Other teams potential cap casualties

Hello everyone,

As we look to the offseason, I'm sure many of us will be thinking about who we want our beloved Colts to pick up/draft. I was reading an interesting page from Spotrac about people who could be released by others around the league (mainly for cap purposes.) It is quite an extensive list (I'm not saying that every single player on this list is going to be released) but on this list, I was wondering who you would want us to add (or at least look at.) 

Here's the link:

https://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/potential-2019-nfl-roster-bubbles-819/

For me, I would love for us to look at (assuming they're released):

Leonard Fournette

Allen Robinson

Devante Parker

Cameron Meredith

Andrus Peat

Justin Britt

Garry Gilliam

Michael Brockers

Vic Beasley

AJ Bouye

Marcus Peters

Kevin Johnson

Would love to acquire an RB with Fournette's skillset, but the durability issues are a huge red flag. 

Of the guys that you listed, the only two that I think will actually have availability are Britt and Parker. They're both chock full of unrealized potential, but the odds of an Ebron-type scenario working again are on the slim side. There will be a ton of WR talent that falls into the 2nd and 3rd rounds; talent that otherwise may have been graded 1st round, if it weren't for all of the defensive players eligible this year. That being said, I'd be fine signing ONE of Britt/Parker (preferably the latter), letting them hopefully blossom with a WR we select with one of our 2nd rounders. Hakeem Butler, Metcalf, Harmon, or AJ Brown of he falls far enough. 

Most mocks I've seen though have the Colts going DL 1st, then CB, then WR...and that seems the most likely scenario given Ballard's philosophies. 

1 hour ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

Hello everyone,

As we look to the offseason, I'm sure many of us will be thinking about who we want our beloved Colts to pick up/draft. I was reading an interesting page from Spotrac about people who could be released by others around the league (mainly for cap purposes.) It is quite an extensive list (I'm not saying that every single player on this list is going to be released) but on this list, I was wondering who you would want us to add (or at least look at.) 

Here's the link:

https://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/potential-2019-nfl-roster-bubbles-819/

For me, I would love for us to look at (assuming they're released):

Leonard Fournette

Allen Robinson

Devante Parker

Cameron Meredith

Andrus Peat

Justin Britt

Garry Gilliam

Michael Brockers

Vic Beasley

AJ Bouye

Marcus Peters

Kevin Johnson

None that actually will be available will be on our list.