Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 FA mock

I am not doing a draft mock mostly because I haven't research the draft and I don't til after the season so heres what I think we'll do in FA

Cap Space 120.7 mil

Colts FAs Resigns

Geathers 3 year 17 mil 8g 

Glowinski 5 year 30 mil 15g

AV 1 year 3 mil

Inman 2 year 8 mil 4g

Mitchell 1 year 3 mil

As much as I want to resign Desir, I can see us losing a bidding war for him and unfortunately we lose him. 

Cap Space 99.1

Colts RFA and Misc

10 mil 

Cap Space 89.1

FA Signings

Jason Verrett CB 2 year 10 mil 5g

Yes I know he has been injured a lot in his career, but when healthy hes been a very good cover corner. I think this a low budget, but high reward signing

Tyrell Williams WR 3 year 20 mil 6.5g

Underrated deep ball WR that can compliment TY nicely

Devin Funchess WR 3 year 15 mil 5g

Big bodied WR for Andrew Luck. Does have drop issue though which is why I paid him less then Williams.

Dante Fowler jr Edge 3 year 18 mil 6g

Hasn't lived up to his top three draft pick, but does have 12 sacks in the last two seasons. Can be another good value pick up

Shane Ray Edge 1 year 4 mil

Another good bargain pick up that can help our inconsistent pass rush

Cap Space 62.44

I hope to not lose Desir but his play may start a bidding war.  Verrett is a perfect corner for our style of defense if he can stay healthy.  Williams and Funchess are both on my radar as well.  Im hoping somehow a better edge rusher doesn't get tagged but Fowler may end up being the best one to hit the market.

• Like 1

I wouldn't pay Gaethers this much. Nor Glowinski. I'd let both of them walk if they commanded this much. I would try to give Gaethers something along the lines of 2-3M a year. And up to 4-5 for Glowiski. 

I also think Tyrell Williams will command something in the range of 8 figures because he's the best receiver on the market and there will be bidding war for him.

Overall not bad attempt.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I wouldn't pay Gaethers this much. Nor Glowinski. I'd let both of them walk if they commanded this much. I would try to give Gaethers something along the lines of 2-3M a year. And up to 4-5 for Glowiski. 

I also think Tyrell Williams will command something in the range of 8 figures because he's the best receiver on the market and there will be bidding war for him.

Overall not bad attempt.  

Im not letting Geathers or Glowinski go. I feel like those two are important building blocks and that is important to our growth right now. I think 6.5-7 is a reasonable price for Tyrell Williams. 8 is overpaying imo

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, stitches said:

Overall not bad attempt.  

I agree I love glow but I'm not going over board to keep him and geathers it's hard to rely on so I wouldnt pay him a ton either plus we should honestly be looking to upgrade the SS spot

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I agree I love glow but I'm not going over board to keep him and geathers it's hard to rely on so I wouldnt pay him a ton either plus we should honestly be looking to upgrade the SS spot

Speaking of upgrading the SS spot, hopefully they look at Collins or Clinton-Dix. I think both guys would be good additions to the secondary. I'd prefer Collins, but I'd imagine they'll be similarly priced. 

4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Thing is, if you let Geathers go, you're somewhat forcing yourself to be aggressive for a Safety in FA, cause then you'd only have Hooker, Mitchell, and Farley left (all of whom have been put on IR the last 2 years).

Ballard praised Geathers in his exit press conference. I absolutely see him resigning with the Colts. 

10 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Thing is, if you let Geathers go, you're somewhat forcing yourself to be aggressive for a Safety in FA, cause then you'd only have Hooker, Mitchell, and Farley left (all of whom have been put on IR the last 2 years).

Ballard praised Geathers in his exit press conference. I absolutely see him resigning with the Colts. 

I'm fine if he is signed for a cheap deal but I would not pay him as a starter 

11 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

With his history of injuries to the neck Nah I'm good.  Too many of you on here are content with just good players he can be upgraded so try to do just that.

He missed what three games? He was still productive. Who would you even replace him with? 

The reality is that Gaethers on the field does not provide you with much more than players you can get off-the-streets. Players like Mike Mitchell, Eric Reid, Kenny Vaccaro . All those were not signed well into the season and all of them produced well once signed. 

• Like 1

Just now, stitches said:

The reality is that Gaethers on the field does not provide you with much more than players you can get off-the-streets. Players like Mike Mitchell, Eric Reid, Kenny Vaccaro . All those were not signed well into the season and all of them produced well once signed. 

You're really not seeing his production if you consider him a off the street player

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

This fanbase makes no sense sometimes. Anyone ever mentions paying top money to a FA that's among the top at their position and everyone yells "hell no not at that price" but an average starter that we draft comes up for extension and they scream "pay the man"

Because you dont win in March. 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

You're really not seeing his production if you consider him a off the street player

I don't consider him an off-the-street player... I'm saying you can get similar if not the same production from an off-the-street player. 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Umm doesnt matter it's about paying players at their talent level. Paying players like geathers to money is how you destroy the cap 

Just now, stitches said:

I don't consider him an off-the-street player... I'm saying you can get similar if not the same production from an off-the-street player. 

I dont see the difference. You really think we can sign a player off the streets and have him be third on the team in tackles?

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Umm doesnt matter it's about paying players at their talent level. Paying players like geathers to money is how you destroy the cap 

6.5 mil a year destroys our cap?

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I dont see the difference. You really think we can sign a player off the streets and have him be third on the team in tackles?

Yes, if Mike Mitchell played as many snaps as Clayton he would have had about the same production. The off-the-steet free agents at the positions are the ones that thought they deserved what you gave Geathers in this mock, but nobody gave it to them... so they waited and waited and waited and the season started and they were still not signed and then they signed for peanuts because the market was not there for players like them. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Yes, if Mike Mitchell played as many snaps as Clayton he would have had about the same production. The off-the-steet free agents at the positions are the ones that thought they deserved what you gave Gaethers in this mock, but nobody gave it to them... so they waited and waited and waited and the season started and they were still not signed and then they signed for peanuts because the market was not there for players like them. 

How did Tre Boston or Kenny Vaccro do?

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Exactly my point 

What point? Geathers is not a backup safety. Backups dont finish third in tackles.

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

How did Tre Boston or Kenny Vaccro do?

What point? Geathers is not a backup safety. Backups dont finish third in tackles.

Why would you only look at tackles? And the point is he should be our backup hes not some great starting SS dude has a big donut at INTs

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why would you only look at tackles? And the point is he should be our backup hes not some great starting SS dude has a big donut at INTs

Because their main responsibility is to be the last line of defense when the play breaks down

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Is that why he had more tackles then all of them probably playing less games

Tackles =/= quality of play. In our system the tackles for the linebackers and safeties are elevated because we let people catch short-to-intermediate passes and let the LBs and safeties tackle them. 

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Tackles =/= quality of play. In our system the tackles for the linebackers and safeties are elevated because we let people catch short-to-intermediate passes and let the LBs and safeties tackle them. 

Because thats his job. Geathers is the dime backers. 

• Like 1

I know people don't love PFF but I think they do provide nice general range of quality of play of the players (as opposed to just looking at tackles numbers). Here you go:

Geathers: 67.4(50th ranked safety)

Vaccaro: 66.4(56th ranked safety)

Mitchell: 81.1

Tre Boston: 74.1(25th ranked safety)

Eric Reid: 66.5 (55th ranked safety) 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

I know people don't love PFF but I think they do provide nice general range of quality of play of the players (as opposed to just looking at tackles numbers). Here you go:

Geathers: 67.4(50th ranked safety)

Vaccaro: 66.4(56th ranked safety)

Mitchell: 81.1

Tre Boston: 74.1(25th ranked safety)

Eric Reid: 66.5 (55th ranked safety) 

Look im not saying Geathers is a great safety, but he is productive for what we ask him to do in our defense. Its not like im projecting him to make 10+ mil a year

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Look im not saying Geathers is a great safety, but he is productive for what we ask him to do in our defense. Its not like im projecting him to make 10+ mil a year

He is good. They are all good players. The thing is... none of them got anywhere close to 6M in free agency. That's my point. If the market doesn't require it, why overpay this much for something you can probably get for less than half that salary. I don't mind bringing both him and Mitchell back. Offer them both 2-3M a year. Offer Farley minimum contract and let them fight it out for the starting spot in camp. This way you get several players of similar quality for about the same salary. You get depth, you get insurance in case of injuries, you get competition at the position...  

16 hours ago, CR91 said:

Third on the team in tackles. You dont think thats worth starter money?

I have a question, and think about it very carefully. If Landon Collins were to hit the free agent market, would you rather pay him or Geathers? A guy who’s played 59 games in his NFL career or a guy who’s played 41 games? 

17 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

I have a question, and think about it very carefully. If Landon Collins were to hit the free agent market, would you rather pay him or Geathers? A guy who’s played 59 games in his NFL career or a guy who’s played 41 games? 

Collins is not hitting the market

Geathers is worth an offer but I would maybe offer him a 1yr $4-5 offer due to his injury history. He definitely is a very good player and a very good teammate. We know that is very important to this team. Reid would not get in our locker room if he offered to come for nothing. He, Boston and Vaccaro all asked for more money last year if I recall.

• Like 1