Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dw49

Leonard Won PFWA Defensive Rookie Of The Year

Well deserved here but it’s not the leagues offical award.  The league doesn’t have an offical GM of the year award so most look at the one Ballard won as the closest to it.  Not a shot at you, just making sure it’s clear people know this isn’t the offical award.

Great award.  

Let's do a team trophy in 2019.  

11 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well deserved here but it’s not the leagues offical award.  The league doesn’t have an offical GM of the year award so most look at the one Ballard won as the closest to it.  Not a shot at you, just making sure it’s clear people know this isn’t the offical award.

It's fine to take a shot at me. You are correct....it's the AP award that's coveted.

Can't wait to see how much he improves in 2019.  Kinda' scary...in a good way.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, dw49 said:

It's fine to take a shot at me. You are correct....it's the AP award that's coveted.

Yes but it’s because the AP award is the one that will be awarded at the NFL honors.

With Leonard, the Colts basically "stole" a Top-10 talent in the 2nd round, thanks to an astute scouting staff and the fact that Ballard placed enough trust in his scouts (and his own eyeballs) to take a guy who didn't play for a "big time" school. There were four LBs drafted ahead of him in the 1st round, and I wouldn't trade Leonard for any of them. Vander Esch may get the AP award, simply because he plays for Dallas and gets more media attention, but we all know who the true DROY is.