Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CR91

A scary thought for next season

Recommended Posts

He was 2nd in the league in at least 2 major statistical categories, and that's with a below average receiving corps. If they'd just get him another weapon or two, he has the ability to put up Mahomes numbers. While I don't want AB necessarily, they should definitely draft a WR in the first 3 picks, and possibly acquire the WR from the SD Chargers or even Golden Tate if the price is right. I read somewhere that Tate had a considerable amount of forced missed tackles, with consistency, the last 4 years; his YAC ability paired with a draft pick would be great for Luck.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR91 said:

A injury free Andrew Luck in his prime.

 

I thought we were trading him and riding with Brissett because Andrew is "guiding throws" so his career must be over because something is obviously wrong with his arm...  :peek:

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

I thought we were trading him and riding with Brissett because Andrew is "guiding throws" so his career must be over because something is obviously wrong with his arm...  :peek:

For some reason that is how some act in here after he has a bad game. He just simply had a bad game but some people love a soap opera. I am so happy those threads are old news about his health, those were really getting stale and old last off season. Think about this, in the 4 seasons he has been 90-100% healthy and played every game = 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2018 we have had a record of 43-21 in the Regular Season and 4-4 in the Playoffs. We have won at least 10 games every season where he has been 90-100% healthy and played all 16. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Patriots or Saints forums have meltdowns if Brady or Brees don’t have an amazing day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I wonder if Patriots or Saints forums have meltdowns if Brady or Brees don’t have an amazing day?

I am sure they do but it is the way one should go about things. I seriously doubt they call their QB a noodle arm or he should be traded after a loss. They just probably criticize him a bit. That is where the line is crossed with me from being critical of someone's play to Trolling which is in bold.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus the Colts will get Doyle (stud) and Cain (unknown but looked good before injury) back. Not to mention whoever Ballard goes after in FA for WR and/or draft. 

 

Also, now the Offense knows the system right out of the gate, and aren't learning a new one. How many times has Luck had to learn a new system?! 

 

Reich has a year of play calling under his belt to see what was working and what wasn't and can use players strengths better since he's had a year to evaluate. 

 

The arrow is up my friends. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition, he'll be in the same offensive system, so he'll be getting more used to things and won't have to go through the process of learning a new system like he did last offseason

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and the O Line could be even better too... ie the young studs will be even more experienced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving Andrew Luck a weapon like Antonio Brown would be scary for the NFL. Having another year with sub-par WR's is scary for the Colts. Ballard must fix this hole

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

He was 2nd in the league in at least 2 major statistical categories, and that's with a below average receiving corps. If they'd just get him another weapon or two, he has the ability to put up Mahomes numbers. While I don't want AB necessarily, they should definitely draft a WR in the first 3 picks, and possibly acquire the WR from the SD Chargers or even Golden Tate if the price is right. I read somewhere that Tate had a considerable amount of forced missed tackles, with consistency, the last 4 years; his YAC ability paired with a draft pick would be great for Luck.

You just want Tate because he's from Notre Dame

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CR91 said:

 A injury free Andrew Luck in his prime. Think about that for a second. No more rehabbing the shoulder, no mental block of worrying about getting hurt, no more answering questions if he can ever play again. This is going to be his first off-season in years where he can focus on his craft and not about getting better injury wise. To throw 4600 yards and 39 tds with basically just Hilton and Ebron to throw to is another scary thought. There is no doubt in my mind Ballard will get Andrew and Reich the weapons they need to really make this offense prolific. I can't wait for September already. GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Side note, I just might be going to the chargers game next season. Crossing fingers

 

Nah, Luck's career is over.  You need to look past that MVP level season he just had.  Didn't you see the KC game?  Time to roll with Brissett.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptainColt12 said:

You just want Tate because he's from Notre Dame

And he's a stud. He WAS and amazing ST player also. Not sure if he's been doing that still

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Giving Andrew Luck a weapon like Antonio Brown would be scary for the NFL. Having another year with sub-par WR's is scary for the Colts. Ballard must fix this hole

 

A lot more scary for the colts is if Luck has another serious injury and we have to go with his backup. In '17 we were 4-12 and we may not even have Brisset if he's traded for a mid- round pick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

A lot more scary for the colts is if Luck has another serious injury and we have to go with his backup. In '17 we were 4-12 and we may not even have Brisset if he's traded for a mid- round pick.

 

 

Chris Ballard has said he would have to be blown away by a trade offer to trade Brissett and that it would have to be a good situation for Brissett.  

 

A trade of Brissett is possible but I think it's unlikely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing to remember is he didn't really get going until week 4 or 5.  He had some rust early on that went away quickly.  If he would have been able to start the first several weeks like he ended the last 10 or so there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been right up there with Mahomes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CR91 said:

 A injury free Andrew Luck in his prime. Think about that for a second. No more rehabbing the shoulder, no mental block of worrying about getting hurt, no more answering questions if he can ever play again. This is going to be his first off-season in years where he can focus on his craft and not about getting better injury wise. To throw 4600 yards and 39 tds with basically just Hilton and Ebron to throw to is another scary thought. There is no doubt in my mind Ballard will get Andrew and Reich the weapons they need to really make this offense prolific. I can't wait for September already. GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Side note, I just might be going to the chargers game next season. Crossing fingers

Cool.  I am planning on going to that game, too. :yahoo:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

 

Nah, Luck's career is over.  You need to look past that MVP level season he just had.  Didn't you see the KC game?  Time to roll with Brissett.

What's Tolzien up to these days? Bring him back? 

:funny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a scary thought for the NFL.

 

However, I don't want to take Luck being healthy for granted. The time to strike is now and over the next three years or so. Healthy Luck in his prime...All Pro players on rookie contracts...tons of cap space...great coaching staff...this team should have Super Bowl aspirations for at least three years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, it was never just Luck. It was Luck, no RBs, the OL, the HC, the GM and the owner.  In short, it was a "mess" as the medias called them and they were right. Those days are gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, started the season with Luck having full confidence in his shoulder.  During the first few games, he seemed to very cautious, throwing mostly short passes.  Although he was throwing an insane amount of passes on a couple of those games, still was mostly short.  He should open the year will full confidence.  However, hopefully not like his last game against KC, but we are looking forward now.  Maybe with an addition of another top flight WR via FA or the draft to go along with TY.  Inman looks look solid and is a keeper, his CFL experience, winning the Grey Cup helps, he is a solid professional WR.  Hopefully Pascal makes the big 2nd jump in provement.  Inman and Pascal give us good size at WR.  Inman at 6-3 205 and Pascal at 6-2 219, to complement the 5-10 183 TY Hilton.  I remember one of announcers saying how big Inman and Pascal was when he spoke to them before the KC game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I wonder if Patriots or Saints forums have meltdowns if Brady or Brees don’t have an amazing day?

 

Brady could throw for 75 yards & 0 TDs in a game, & as long as they win Pats fans would spin it somehow as his greatest single game performance of all-time because he "took what the defense was giving him."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic but how many seasons do you guys see Luck Playing? Do you think he plays till his 40’s like Brees and Brady?

 

brady-41

brees-40

rivers-38

eli-39

big ben-36

 

We’ll prolly have Luck for another 8-10 seasons right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest that shoulder for about two months Andrew.

 

Had to have some fatigue by years end after not throwing much at all to a full NFL season plus 2 playoff games.

 

2019 will be good. No drama like last off season. Colts got cash and we wanna party, plus a full plate of picks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Ben and Brady are a year older and Luck is healthy for the offseason. No more nerf ball passes if you get my drift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:41 PM, Indyfan4life said:

I wonder if Patriots or Saints forums have meltdowns if Brady or Brees don’t have an amazing day?

Wait until next week to find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dacoltsboi said:

Slightly off topic but how many seasons do you guys see Luck Playing? Do you think he plays till his 40’s like Brees and Brady?

 

brady-41

brees-40

rivers-38

eli-39

big ben-36

 

We’ll prolly have Luck for another 8-10 seasons right?

 

If he plays as long as Peyton we have 8 good/great years. Anything more than that at a high level I'm not sure. He will be 39 in 10 seasons. But some QBs are doing great in their 40s so who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 5:21 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Plus the Colts will get Doyle (stud) and Cain (unknown but looked good before injury) back. Not to mention whoever Ballard goes after in FA for WR and/or draft. 

 

Also, now the Offense knows the system right out of the gate, and aren't learning a new one. How many times has Luck had to learn a new system?! 

 

Reich has a year of play calling under his belt to see what was working and what wasn't and can use players strengths better since he's had a year to evaluate. 

 

The arrow is up my friends. 

 

 

Agreed. Even with this new offensive system, Luck and the Colts led the league in 3rd down conversions. This of course, greatly helped the offense sustain drives, but also as importantly, kept the defense fresh.

 

Hopefully this continues, and with more familiarity and more reliable weapons, the offense can get even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, AZColt11 said:

Another thing to remember is he didn't really get going until week 4 or 5.  He had some rust early on that went away quickly.  If he would have been able to start the first several weeks like he ended the last 10 or so there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been right up there with Mahomes.

Luck is definitely a favorite for MVP next season.

 

I recall a five-head Colts quarterback who got bounced in the Divisional Round, won Comeback Player of the Year, and proceeded to have a historic MVP season....

 

Things are trending upward for this franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to mention he will also have a entire off season to work with receivers. If we resign Inman I think that will make Inman that much better also. Everything is looking up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • They have a replacement in Okafor for Davis. Both him and Randle played well down the stretch while Davis was out. Randle is a guy I would potentially look at as well. With NO obviously going after Zion, Randle has already turned down his player option and is a FA. If Thad turns is no longer and option, I think Randle would be a good fill in at PF for the Pacers. 24 years old and averaged 21 and 9 playing off the bench half of the year last year.    It would be nice to unload McDermitt's contract and put that extra 7.5M/yr elsewhere.    As I said earlier in the thread, we have quite a few holes to fill on a capped budget and I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys (Thad, Bogy, CJ) decline offers from the Pacers and move on. 
    • I think you will see another WR drafted....or a TE. Funchess will likely be gone...Hilton is a year older. Even if Cain and Campbell are both what they hoped for...there is still room to develop another Day Two pick at the position. We will see though.
    • Agree. It's just the logic that gets me. It's wishful thinking (or homerism) to think that Foles doesn't impvoe a Blake Bortles-led offense.   And had Luck not come back healthy...I would bet there is a pretty decent chance that Foles is a Colt. But I am grateful that he did.
    • Interesting. The Colts are #1...but the LAR are #2. Two distinct roster building styles.   I think SF gets a bit slighted here. They have a great HC and a young QB who was lighting it up before getting hurt. He should be able to return just fine...and they have a ton of young talent and cap space.   Honestly, NO has a lot of young talent..but an older QB.   "Set up for the future" doesn't really mean as much in the NFL as it does other sports...unless you are Patriots (and the future doesn't really seem to matter). But it's a better place to be than not.
    • i don't get the Foles hate..... I think Brissett is a decent QB and deserves a chance, but I'm not afraid of letting him go.
  • Members

    • C0LT5

      C0LT5 100

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DerekDiggler

      DerekDiggler 140

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BPindy

      BPindy 375

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • compuls1v3

      compuls1v3 187

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • wig

      wig 881

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • our_dbs_rock

      our_dbs_rock 819

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dodsworth

      dodsworth 927

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Bluefire4

      Bluefire4 2,134

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 18,996

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • HOF19

      HOF19 390

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...