Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A scary thought for next season

CR91

He was 2nd in the league in at least 2 major statistical categories, and that's with a below average receiving corps. If they'd just get him another weapon or two, he has the ability to put up Mahomes numbers. While I don't want AB necessarily, they should definitely draft a WR in the first 3 picks, and possibly acquire the WR from the SD Chargers or even Golden Tate if the price is right. I read somewhere that Tate had a considerable amount of forced missed tackles, with consistency, the last 4 years; his YAC ability paired with a draft pick would be great for Luck.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I thought we were trading him and riding with Brissett because Andrew is "guiding throws" so his career must be over because something is obviously wrong with his arm...  :peek:

For some reason that is how some act in here after he has a bad game. He just simply had a bad game but some people love a soap opera. I am so happy those threads are old news about his health, those were really getting stale and old last off season. Think about this, in the 4 seasons he has been 90-100% healthy and played every game = 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2018 we have had a record of 43-21 in the Regular Season and 4-4 in the Playoffs. We have won at least 10 games every season where he has been 90-100% healthy and played all 16. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I wonder if Patriots or Saints forums have meltdowns if Brady or Brees don’t have an amazing day?

I am sure they do but it is the way one should go about things. I seriously doubt they call their QB a noodle arm or he should be traded after a loss. They just probably criticize him a bit. That is where the line is crossed with me from being critical of someone's play to Trolling which is in bold.

• Like 3

Plus the Colts will get Doyle (stud) and Cain (unknown but looked good before injury) back. Not to mention whoever Ballard goes after in FA for WR and/or draft. 

Also, now the Offense knows the system right out of the gate, and aren't learning a new one. How many times has Luck had to learn a new system?! 

Reich has a year of play calling under his belt to see what was working and what wasn't and can use players strengths better since he's had a year to evaluate. 

The arrow is up my friends. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

He was 2nd in the league in at least 2 major statistical categories, and that's with a below average receiving corps. If they'd just get him another weapon or two, he has the ability to put up Mahomes numbers. While I don't want AB necessarily, they should definitely draft a WR in the first 3 picks, and possibly acquire the WR from the SD Chargers or even Golden Tate if the price is right. I read somewhere that Tate had a considerable amount of forced missed tackles, with consistency, the last 4 years; his YAC ability paired with a draft pick would be great for Luck.

You just want Tate because he's from Notre Dame

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

A injury free Andrew Luck in his prime. Think about that for a second. No more rehabbing the shoulder, no mental block of worrying about getting hurt, no more answering questions if he can ever play again. This is going to be his first off-season in years where he can focus on his craft and not about getting better injury wise. To throw 4600 yards and 39 tds with basically just Hilton and Ebron to throw to is another scary thought. There is no doubt in my mind Ballard will get Andrew and Reich the weapons they need to really make this offense prolific. I can't wait for September already. GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note, I just might be going to the chargers game next season. Crossing fingers

Nah, Luck's career is over.  You need to look past that MVP level season he just had.  Didn't you see the KC game?  Time to roll with Brissett.

3 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Giving Andrew Luck a weapon like Antonio Brown would be scary for the NFL. Having another year with sub-par WR's is scary for the Colts. Ballard must fix this hole

A lot more scary for the colts is if Luck has another serious injury and we have to go with his backup. In '17 we were 4-12 and we may not even have Brisset if he's traded for a mid- round pick.

29 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

A lot more scary for the colts is if Luck has another serious injury and we have to go with his backup. In '17 we were 4-12 and we may not even have Brisset if he's traded for a mid- round pick.

Chris Ballard has said he would have to be blown away by a trade offer to trade Brissett and that it would have to be a good situation for Brissett.  

A trade of Brissett is possible but I think it's unlikely.  

Another thing to remember is he didn't really get going until week 4 or 5.  He had some rust early on that went away quickly.  If he would have been able to start the first several weeks like he ended the last 10 or so there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been right up there with Mahomes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CR91 said:

A injury free Andrew Luck in his prime. Think about that for a second. No more rehabbing the shoulder, no mental block of worrying about getting hurt, no more answering questions if he can ever play again. This is going to be his first off-season in years where he can focus on his craft and not about getting better injury wise. To throw 4600 yards and 39 tds with basically just Hilton and Ebron to throw to is another scary thought. There is no doubt in my mind Ballard will get Andrew and Reich the weapons they need to really make this offense prolific. I can't wait for September already. GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note, I just might be going to the chargers game next season. Crossing fingers

Cool.  I am planning on going to that game, too. :yahoo:

• Like 1

It is a scary thought for the NFL.

However, I don't want to take Luck being healthy for granted. The time to strike is now and over the next three years or so. Healthy Luck in his prime...All Pro players on rookie contracts...tons of cap space...great coaching staff...this team should have Super Bowl aspirations for at least three years.

Yes, started the season with Luck having full confidence in his shoulder.  During the first few games, he seemed to very cautious, throwing mostly short passes.  Although he was throwing an insane amount of passes on a couple of those games, still was mostly short.  He should open the year will full confidence.  However, hopefully not like his last game against KC, but we are looking forward now.  Maybe with an addition of another top flight WR via FA or the draft to go along with TY.  Inman looks look solid and is a keeper, his CFL experience, winning the Grey Cup helps, he is a solid professional WR.  Hopefully Pascal makes the big 2nd jump in provement.  Inman and Pascal give us good size at WR.  Inman at 6-3 205 and Pascal at 6-2 219, to complement the 5-10 183 TY Hilton.  I remember one of announcers saying how big Inman and Pascal was when he spoke to them before the KC game. 

17 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I wonder if Patriots or Saints forums have meltdowns if Brady or Brees don’t have an amazing day?

Brady could throw for 75 yards & 0 TDs in a game, & as long as they win Pats fans would spin it somehow as his greatest single game performance of all-time because he "took what the defense was giving him."

Rest that shoulder for about two months Andrew.

Had to have some fatigue by years end after not throwing much at all to a full NFL season plus 2 playoff games.

2019 will be good. No drama like last off season. Colts got cash and we wanna party, plus a full plate of picks...

19 hours ago, Dacoltsboi said:

Slightly off topic but how many seasons do you guys see Luck Playing? Do you think he plays till his 40’s like Brees and Brady?

brady-41

brees-40

rivers-38

eli-39

big ben-36

We’ll prolly have Luck for another 8-10 seasons right?

If he plays as long as Peyton we have 8 good/great years. Anything more than that at a high level I'm not sure. He will be 39 in 10 seasons. But some QBs are doing great in their 40s so who knows.

On 1/17/2019 at 5:21 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Plus the Colts will get Doyle (stud) and Cain (unknown but looked good before injury) back. Not to mention whoever Ballard goes after in FA for WR and/or draft. 

Also, now the Offense knows the system right out of the gate, and aren't learning a new one. How many times has Luck had to learn a new system?! 

Reich has a year of play calling under his belt to see what was working and what wasn't and can use players strengths better since he's had a year to evaluate. 

The arrow is up my friends. 

Agreed. Even with this new offensive system, Luck and the Colts led the league in 3rd down conversions. This of course, greatly helped the offense sustain drives, but also as importantly, kept the defense fresh.

Hopefully this continues, and with more familiarity and more reliable weapons, the offense can get even better.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, AZColt11 said:

Another thing to remember is he didn't really get going until week 4 or 5.  He had some rust early on that went away quickly.  If he would have been able to start the first several weeks like he ended the last 10 or so there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been right up there with Mahomes.

Luck is definitely a favorite for MVP next season.

I recall a five-head Colts quarterback who got bounced in the Divisional Round, won Comeback Player of the Year, and proceeded to have a historic MVP season....

Things are trending upward for this franchise.