Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
stitches

Official 2019 Colts NFL Draft Tracker - Meetings, Interviews, Private Workouts, etc

Recommended Posts

Here's the official thread to post and document everything we can gather as information about the players the Colts have shown any interest in during draft season. I'm starting with an interesting tidbit from the all-star games that have already started:

 

Colts met with Nevada LB Malik Reed for nearly an hour at the NFLPA Bowl: 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 4:32 PM, Barry Sears said:

I hope there's a better video of Reed out there someplace...this one didn't show me much.

Here's some video of him:

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, stitches said:

Here's some video of him:

 

 

Defiantly appears too be better as an edge defender than as an off the ball.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second video looked much better, and he seemed more explosive.  I only watched the first 4 minutes of the first tape and there were some pretty bad looking plays where he was fooled and just didn't seem very explosive.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, James Sturgill said:

I asked the same question the other day. The only thing I have seen on him was a mock draft and he went in the 7th round.

I don't know where he is currently being projected but those certainly didn't look like highlights of a 7th rounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, James Sturgill said:

I asked the same question the other day. The only thing I have seen on him was a mock draft and he went in the 7th round.

If he impresses in his pro day and combine somewhat, I'd be on board taking him with our 7th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Colts meeting with Texas DL Charles Omenihu today at the Senior Bowl. Here are some highlights and some full game footage of Omenihu:

 

 

 

Full game tapes:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, stitches said:

 

Colts meeting with Texas DL Charles Omenihu today at the Senior Bowl. Here are some highlights and some full game footage of Omenihu:

 

 

 

Full game tapes:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Draft Network has written about him a great deal as a guy they think will blow up. The only question is if he’s an edge or DT. Much of that will be determined by his weigh in. Listed at 275. If he’s heavier than that he’s a pass rushing 3T who can occasionally kick outside. If he’s 275 or lighter, he’s an edge rusher. His true best fit as it stands is a 5T, but very few teams play the 3-4.

 

But it’s interesting because with his frame and inside/outside versatility, he compares favorably to Margus Hunt. But he’s 5x the football player that Hunt was coming out of college, and has a better ceiling too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not specifically Colts' related but I thought this is interesting info about the level of research and background intel teams do on prospects:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce Anderson is a sleeper RB. The Draft Show praised him a ton today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max Scharping is a developmental LT prospect. I had him in my first mock draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Colts met with South Dakota State CB Jordan Brown at the Senior Bowl

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 11:29 AM, Defjamz26 said:

 

Blace Brown, I am high on, for our Tampa 2 system, I mocked him at least a couple of times on FanSpeak mock drafts for us. He held his own vs Anthony Johnson of Buffalo in a head-to-head matchup, if I am not mistaken. Very likely Day 3 pick for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 8:48 AM, stitches said:

Bruce Anderson is a sleeper RB. The Draft Show praised him a ton today.

 

My small school sleeper wideout Keelan Doss, I love his production and abilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 1:44 PM, chad72 said:

 

My small school sleeper wideout Keelan Doss, I love his production and abilities. 

Got any new updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krunk said:

Got any new updates?

 

He had a terrific Senior Bowl showing and outside Deebo Samuel, had the best WR showing, IMO. Team captain, good routes, good hands, outside WR candidate, not a Swiss army knife like Deebo but fits exactly what we are looking for.

 

If he does not light up the combine, should be there for our Round 3 pick, IMO but I doubt he will be available on Day 3.

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2019-senior-bowl-uc-davis-receiver-keelan-doss-could-be-fit-49ers

 

https://sports.yahoo.com/doss-earns-senior-bowl-sticker-plus-accolades-235811334--ncaaf.html

 

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/2/7/18212803/2019-nfl-draft-prospects-keelan-doss-profile

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

He had a terrific Senior Bowl showing and outside Deebo Samuel, had the best WR showing, IMO. Team captain, good routes, good hands, outside WR candidate, not a Swiss army knife like Deebo but fits exactly what we are looking for.

 

If he does not light up the combine, should be there for our Round 3 pick, IMO but I doubt he will be available on Day 3.

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2019-senior-bowl-uc-davis-receiver-keelan-doss-could-be-fit-49ers

 

https://sports.yahoo.com/doss-earns-senior-bowl-sticker-plus-accolades-235811334--ncaaf.html

 

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/2/7/18212803/2019-nfl-draft-prospects-keelan-doss-profile

 

 

No I was talking about prospect updates in general.  Any new news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some interesting insight from Ed Dodds about the process of the 15 minutes interviews we will be conducting with players during the combine:

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stitches said:

 

Three times already!  Looks like they really this kid.  Looks like a serious candidate for 26 or 34 to me.  Big day coming up Sunday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 1:52 PM, richard pallo said:

Three times already!  Looks like they really this kid.  Looks like a serious candidate for 26 or 34 to me.  Big day coming up Sunday.  

 

Thats way too early. Maybe our second second round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

Thats way too early. Maybe our second second round pick.

 

That's what folks said about Darius Leonard too. 

 

Trust me, we will all scratch our heads plenty with Ballard's picks but he has earned our trust with the previous draft's "perceived reaches" that worked out great.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chad72 said:

 

That's what folks said about Darius Leonard too. 

 

Trust me, we will all scratch our heads plenty with Ballard's picks but he has earned our trust with the previous draft's "perceived reaches" that worked out great.

 

I mocked Leonard in that slot. people said I was nuts, but I got a good laugh out of it when I got it right haha 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 3:06 PM, stitches said:

 

 

I am not sure how well he projects outside but he is a beast underneath, it seems like.

 

Colts Nation and a whole lot of posters here will flip if he is drafted at No.26 or even No.34. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

I am not sure how well he projects outside but he is a beast underneath, it seems like.

 

Colts Nation and a whole lot of posters here will flip if he is drafted at No.26 or even No.34. :) 

I won’t. I love Brown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

I am not sure how well he projects outside but he is a beast underneath, it seems like.

 

Colts Nation and a whole lot of posters here will flip if he is drafted at No.26 or even No.34. :) 

I'll be stoked.  I want pass rush but i can easily see him being a stud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 2:43 PM, chad72 said:

 

Blace Brown, I am high on, for our Tampa 2 system, I mocked him at least a couple of times on FanSpeak mock drafts for us. He held his own vs Anthony Johnson of Buffalo in a head-to-head matchup, if I am not mistaken. Very likely Day 3 pick for us.

 

 Doesn't Brown's 40 time make him undraftable? We will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 11:15 AM, stitches said:

 

Colts meeting with Texas DL Charles Omenihu today at the Senior Bowl. Here are some highlights and some full game footage of Omenihu:

 

 

 

Full game tapes:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Against Georgia i didn't see anything. He showed some power, but no speed or quickness. A real head scratcher for our D???????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

 

 It would be really good to draft a Doyle developmental clone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, twfish said:

Defiantly appears too be better as an edge defender than as an off the ball.

 

 Totally agree. As a LB he has short choppy steps and looks slow.
Going forward he has some game. But he is small as an edge for us.  ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Not really. We can go into Oakland  and beat them.
    • Nope.  I do admire the Patriots as a rival fan, I've been loud in my calls for the team to become more Patriots-like, and it looks to me like Reich is moving in that direction too, which is something I like to see.  Because the commitment to discipline, execution, and putting the team over individual accomplishments is the way you win big games.   I hate to see everything they do right dismissed with the "cheater" label when it's generally not the case that they win by cheating.  Especially over something petty like deflated footballs.   The whole Deflategate saga has always struck me as a tempest in a teacup and the more I've dug around the issue, the less impressed I've been with the way Goodell and the rest of the NFL brass handled it.  The response just seemed and still seems, ridiculously excessive.  Other episodes of doctored footballs are answered with a warning or a fine, not a 4 game suspension of a guy who is possibly indirectly involved in the whole thing.   I've never been satisfied that the "Brady Cheated" narrative has a leg to stand on, it strikes me as the sort of thing rival homers cling to as a way to discredit his legitimate accomplishments and put their own GOAT candidates forward, especially Rodgers and Peyton.  To make their guys seem better by comparison.  Which is why the Manning HGH rumors deserve to be brought up -- our guy has a mark on his record too.  probably a worse one than deflated footballs if we're all being honest.    If you can discredit a guy based on rumors that may or may not be true, Manning is in a certain amount of trouble.   If we assume everything is true, PEDs vs doctored footballs is not an argument we want to be making.  We don't have a leg to stand on either.  If we assume everything is overblown, we can't use the "Brady Cheated" mantra.  If we accept one as true but not the other despite a similar level of evidence in both cases, then we aren't being fair or reasonable.   Either way the "Brady Cheated" mantra is something that probablt needs to die.  And it doesn't do the Colts any favors to cling to it unreasonably.   It's just how I feel about the whole thing.
    • its official http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001066803/article/mri-confirms-patrick-mahomes-suffered-dislocated-kneecap
    • I heard his test was scheduled for Noon?  That's central time, right?  Unless he went in earlier, that test would be ongoing as it is 1:22 EST as I write (12:22 CST).  This exam/imaging can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour from setup to getting off the table.  Then it has to read (properly) for results.   However, it would be great to here no other significant damage.  I'm not \convinced yet, though.  We'll know later.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...