Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official 2019 Colts NFL Draft Tracker - Meetings, Interviews, Private Workouts, etc

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Doesn't Brown's 40 time make him undraftable? We will see.

He could be an UDFA too. Day 3 picks can teeter around the UDFA category pretty easily. Round 6 or Round 7 pick only ensures they are yours. 

22 hours ago, chad72 said:

I am not sure how well he projects outside but he is a beast underneath, it seems like.

Colts Nation and a whole lot of posters here will flip if he is drafted at No.26 or even No.34. :) 

I love, love, love brown. He wont last to 34 and so I 100% for sure would take him at 26. Dude played enough outside and produced enough outside for me. Reichs scheme isnt dependent on a typical X,Y receiver set. Lots of formations and lots of scheming to get guys open and brown will succeed in the role

NFL | Deebo Samuel was busy at NFL Combine    Tue Mar 5, 06:26 PM

South Carolina WR Deebo Samuel's meeting with the San Francisco 49ers at the NFL Combine was just one of 20 such meetings. The teams Samuel mentioned he met with included the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Kansas City Chiefs, Indianapolis Colts, Carolina Panthers, New England Patriots, Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Link to story

• Like 1

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-colorado-state-colorado

Safety Evan Worthington, who also participated in the Shrine Game and worked out at the combine, timed the 40 between 4.55 and 4.59 before his hamstring tightened up. That’s a major improvement from his official combine time of 4.63 seconds.

It should be noted Worthington completed everything at the combine and timed 7.07 in the three-cone.

He’s drawing a lot of interest from the Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans and Indianapolis Colts. The New Orleans Saints, Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers also spent time with Worthington during pro day.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:18 AM, krunk said:

I believe we may actually end up spending some decent coin on a WR this year.  Last year we barely talked to any of the major WR prospects.  This year we've been talking to all of them.

Does the Funchess signing change your view at all? Now I think they may move WR down as a need unless someone amazing slips.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Does the Funchess signing change your view at all? Now I think they may move WR down as a need unless someone amazing slips.

Maybe.   I could still see something happening betweeen round 2-3 perhaps.

• Like 1

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-wisconsin-new-mexico-state-oklahoma-state

Oklahoma State

The Cowboys had two non-combine players that drew a lot of attention -- linebacker Justin Phillips and receiver Tyron Johnson.

Phillips, who was given a seventh-round grade entering the season, has been struggling with a sprained knee since the end of the season and did not run the 40. He will workout for the Dallas Cowboys this coming Monday and met with the San Francisco 49ers and Indianapolis Colts during pro day.

Johnson, who I spoke highly of during our pre-combine podcast when we broke down the Big 12 film, ran 4.4 seconds in the 40 at 193 pounds. There were several stopwatches that had him under 4.4.

Colts met with Oklahoma state LB Justin Phillips. ^

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-–-rutgers

Colts met with Rutgers CB Isaiah Wharton at his pro day.

The team’s other cornerback, Isaiah Wharton, timed a best of 4.60 seconds in the 40 and turned in a three-cone time of 6.93 seconds.  He spent time with the Tennessee Titans and Indianapolis Colts.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:09 PM, krunk said:

Is it time for the Top 30 Visits?

Probably but we don't really have reporters in-the-know... I think most of what leaks will be leaked by agents and in the national media. 

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-–-toledo

Colts showing interest in Toledo's WRs:

- Cody Thompson

- Diontae Johnson

- Jon'Vea Johnson

Pro Day Report – Toledo

A half-dozen receiver coaches from around the league were on hand for Toledo pro day to watch the trio of pass catchers workout, including two who participated in the combine.  Here’s the latest.

The Indianapolis Colts, Tampa Bay Bucs, New York Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers were four of the teams who had wide receiver coaches on hand for the workout.  The receiver workout was run by Nick Caserio of the New England Patriots.

Combine participants Cody Thompson and Diontae Johnson stood on their combine numbers but participated in position drills.  Each stood out catching the ball and Johnson also looked good fielding punts.

This was an important workout for Diontae Johnson as he struggled with consistency late last season.  His ability to effectively produce as a slot receiver has many people believing he will be drafted in the middle of day three.

Both receivers met extensively with the receiver coaches on hand and Johnson,

Colts showing interest in Charlotte OG Nate Davis:

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-charlotte

At least a half-dozen offensive line coaches were on hand to watch Nate Davis during his pro day, and all came away impressed.

Davis, who had three good days of practice at the Senior Bowl, met separately with offensive line coaches for the Detroit Lions, Indianapolis Colts, Buffalo Bills, New York Giantsand New Orleans Saints on Thursday night.

Davis stood on his combine numbers but looked good in drills. He was explosive and very powerful, something he displayed in Mobile. Scouts like his versatility, as though he lined up at tackle for UNC-Charlotte, he projects to guard at the next level and is even getting consideration at center. 

Word from pro day is Davis does not get past the 75th pick on Day 2.

Davis presently has nine top-30 visits, and among them are the Tennessee Titans.

The Indianapolis Colts are showing a lot of interest in Davis. 

Presently the Colts have three picks on the second day of the draft, including the 34th selection courtesy of last year’s trade with the New York Jets. Drafting Davis during the second day would solidify four-fifths of their offensive line for the next decade.

Also, seems like San Diego State OT Ryan Pope has had a private workout with the Colts:

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-–-san-diego-state

Offensive tackle Ryan Pope significantly improved his 40 time from the combine, clocking as fast as 5.07 seconds.  He also touched 28.5 inches in the vertical jump. 

Multiple sources tell me Pope looked solid in position drills. 

Pope met with the New Orleans Saints on Thursday night, Washington Redskins on Friday and worked out for the Indianapolis Colts today.

I think we'd almost surely have to trade up to get Burns. Which, I know I'm in the minority but I'm not as high on him as others are, at least in terms of trading up. There's aways the chance he falls but that's hard to see...if he did though, I'd be all over it.

Also, random note...Baldinger speculated, or more just gave his opinion, that Colts/Eagles could have their eye on the same player and that we could try to jump them. Didn't say the player but everybody seemed to think he was speculating about Wilkins/Ferrell.

20 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think we'd almost surely have to trade up to get Burns. Which, I know I'm in the minority but I'm not as high on him as others are, at least in terms of trading up. There's aways the chance he falls but that's hard to see...if he did though, I'd be all over it.

Also, random note...Baldinger speculated, or more just gave his opinion, that Colts/Eagles could have their eye on the same player and that we could try to jump them. Didn't say the player but everybody seemed to think he was speculating about Wilkins/Ferrell.

Would love to have Ferrell and Houston at the same time along with everyone else we have.

So what are you guys thinking the chances of trading up for “our guy” is? NYJ has come out & said they’re willing to trade. I could see Ballard considering it. Do you guys think giving up or first second would be worth say.. Q.Williams?

(I’m sure this has already been asked. Didn’t feel like looking, sorry haha)

15 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

So what are you guys thinking the chances of trading up for “our guy” is? NYJ has come out & said they’re willing to trade. I could see Ballard considering it. Do you guys think giving up or first second would be worth say.. Q.Williams?

(I’m sure this has already been asked. Didn’t feel like looking, sorry haha)

And I’m hoping there’s no rule that says you can’t trade a pick back to a team that you acquired it from, because this could get embarrassing.