Sign in to follow this  
King Colt

The Most Painful Playoff Loss So Far SD, Indy, Philly?

.SD got hammered. The Colts got revealed and the Eagles were on dropped pass from possibly winning. To me the Eagles loss has to be the worst for the fans and players.

• Like 1

I think the Chargers loss is the worse one because this may have been Rivers last chance at a ring. A lot of people were picking them to win the SB as well. Eagles and Colts were playing with house money. Eagles just won a ring and the Colts way overachieved.

• Like 2

For me as a fan, it would be the Colts losing. However, I would think that the Chargers loss was probably the most painful. The Chargers were playing very well and it looked like this could be the year and once again they lost in the Playoffs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

For me as a fan, it would be the Colts losing. However, I would think that the Chargers loss was probably the most painful. The Chargers were playing very well and it looked like this could be the year and once again they lost in the Playoffs.

Yeah I said Chargers also because of Phil's age. I don't see him getting a ring now. 

If the Colts lost the way Philly lost, with a ball going right through the hands of Ebron and getting intercepted, it would be way worse than how we lost to the Chiefs.

Pretty painful loss but we have a very young team with a lot of talent.  Shore up the O Line and add some LBs, get our CBs back (maybe shore that up a bit as well) and we're back in the hunt.  Rivers has 3-4 years left in him barring an injury that takes him out. 

I gotta go with how the Eagles lost. I'd rather lose knowing it's coming like our 31-13 loss. I'm not sure I could handle seeing a pass going through a WR hands and getting picked. Although I think the Colts probably lead the league in that category.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Pretty painful loss but we have a very young team with a lot of talent.  Shore up the O Line and add some LBs, get our CBs back (maybe shore that up a bit as well) and we're back in the hunt.  Rivers has 3-4 years left in him barring an injury that takes him out. 

The problem is the Pats will not go away and now KC is really good too. It's going to be tough for the Colts to beat either of those teams as well.

I'm of the opinion that losing a close game, especially on one play, is more heart-breaking than getting completely stomped.  It sucked to see the Colts lose, but they were playing so poorly from the very beginning that it wasn't a surprise.  With the Eagles game, Eagles fans actually had hope that they were going to win and all of that hope was crushed on one play.

• Like 3

The Bears loss on a last second kick that hit the cross bar AND the upright..at home..

….is easily the toughest loss by anybody so far..

...Do you know how hard it is for your placekicker to hit the goal post AND the crossbar with the same kick?:groan:

• Like 3

Eagles most def... Colts and Chargers were embarrased. But Philly was most heartbroken... how come Foles wanted to get that last play off soo quick? You didn't want to score too quickly and you could've taken it down to the 2 min warning and regrouped. Alshon was probably tired lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Eagles most def... Colts and Chargers were embarrased. But Philly was most heartbroken... how come Foles wanted to get that last play off soo quick? You didn't want to score too quickly and you could've taken it down to the 2 min warning and regrouped. Alshon was probably tired lol

This was puzzling. Maybe they thought the Saints were reeling and wanted one more play before letting defense get a break. Didn't watch after game conferences, so don't know if anyone asked Foles.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:13 PM, oldunclemark said:

The Bears loss on a last second kick that hit the cross bar AND the upright..at home..

...Do you know how hard it is for your placekicker to hit the goal post AND the crossbar with the same kick?:groan:

It has actually been changed to a block kick since it was tipped.

2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

How do you feel about the game this week? 8 straight Final 4's is unreal but KC will be tough. I have it as 50/50. If it was in NE, Pats would win for sure IMO. With it being in KC it should be a classic. Tom has to watch their Pass Rush, they got to Andrew pretty easily at times and our O.Line is solid. Mahomes is no joke either, that kid has game. Reid normally chokes but he and that team seem real hungry. 

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How do you feel about the game this week? 8 straight Final 4's is unreal but KC will be tough. I have it as 50/50. If it was in NE, Pats would win for sure IMO. With it being in KC it should be a classic. Tom has to watch their Pass Rush, they got to Andrew pretty easily at times and our O.Line is solid. Mahomes is no joke either, that kid has game. Reid normally chokes but he and that team seem real hungry. 

I feel more confident since Hunt is gone. He along with Hill just killed the Pats on d. (They been in the past able to contain Kielce.).  I expect a healthy dose of Sony, and Burkhead.. I am also expecting a lot quick passes to Sony this week just because they will be expecting run every time he is out there. On D, they need contain Kielce and Hill.. a lot easier said than done.

i like your 50/50 feel that’s probabky accurate! I will say if the Pats are trailing by 3 or less points with 2 minutes to go and Brady has the ball.. they will win the game.

my gutt says:

Pats 48

Chiefs 41

(now watch it be a 10-3 game lol)

• Like 1

It's gotta be the Eagles... that ball went through Alshon Jeffrey's hands at like the 22 yard line. Even if he just doesn't catch it and it falls incomplete, they still have a decent chance to win that game. 

The other two games were much more one-sided. 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:59 PM, JimJaime said:

To me, tipped isn't blocked. And that makes it worse.

Do you know how hard it is for a kicker to have his kick tipped and STILL hit the goal post and the crossbar …

I doubt any NFL team has ever lost a game due to a kicker and a kick that did that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Saints. 

Any time you lose a game you're almost guaranteed to win because the refs miss something so blatantly obvious...it's killer for all involved.

2 hours ago, IndySouthsider said:

Saints. 

5 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Kc

I'd call it a toss-up, but the Pats always win those, too...

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2019 at 8:13 PM, oldunclemark said:

Bears were a doink (x2) away from playing the Rams, a team they manhandled defensively. Now that Rams team is going to the SB. Must be tough for them too.

After today, you would have to say Chiefs and Saints--what a shame both games decided on 2 very ordinary calls--the no call for the Saints, and the roughing passer call for the Patriots

Yeah those two games this past weekend take the prize. NO got ripped off and KC had to watch another team get a trophy named for their past owner in their own stadium. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 2:01 AM, Kangaroo said:

After today, you would have to say Chiefs and Saints--what a shame both games decided on 2 very ordinary calls--the no call for the Saints, and the roughing passer call for the Patriots

Umm watch that play again. Yes roughing the passer was incorrect but the Pats WR was being mugged as he tried to catch the ball.. so if they had called it correctly the Pats would have ended up with more yardage.  (They also have a make up call the very next play with a very bogus O PI when it was easy to see that Dorsett was actually being held so he couldn’t get by.)