D.K. Metcalf, WR
Michael Deiter, OT
Trayvon Mullen, CB
Drue Tranquill, LB
Corey Ballentine, CB
Albert Huggins, INT-DL
Andrew Wingard, S

It's the heart of draft season. My favorite time of the year! :D

This is not a big deal, but I believe that you are missing one draft pick.

1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

This is not a big deal, but I believe that you are missing one draft pick.

We are projected to have a 4th round comp pick.... If we do then I'll add it then. Right now we have 8 picks though. Could be 9 with the comp. 

• Like 1

Nice draft, @BlueShoe - I just like Hakeem Butler better than Metcalf :) 

I am curious to see how this DII guy does at the Senior Bowl, John Cominsky:

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2019/1/10/18156870/2019-nfl-draft-interview-john-cominsky-prospect-ready-to-blow-up-the-senior-bowl

Does anyone think Basham not working out might make our GM and scouts gun shy about DII prospects?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2019/1/10/18156870/2019-nfl-draft-interview-john-cominsky-prospect-ready-to-blow-up-the-senior-bowl

Does anyone think Basham not working out might make our GM and scouts gun shy about DII prospects?

Basham was from Ohio University which is not D2. It's in the MAC which is a lower conference but still D1. Leonard was from a lower level school and he turned out OK.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

First of all, I cannot wait until the Senior Bowl. :)

Cominsky is one of the guys I want to take a look at too. If a DII prospect comes to the Senior Bowl and holds his own then that's what matters in my book. How a player responds to that next level of competition is key for me. 

I don't think we can let the failed Basham experiment keep us from digging into smaller schools, but I am sure it makes it tougher to pull the trigger the next time. 

• Like 1

Mullen would be a great fit for this team .....But..... I see a late second round guy

If he somehow is there in round three..... you pick the guy

I would also say that my heart is set on a UT and a DE that both can pass rush with the first two picks (Of course, I will probably be wrong  :) )

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

image.png.7836f427c4f9d00c81b61e579eff2efd.png

Zach Allen, EDGE
D.K. Metcalf, WR
Michael Deiter, OT
Trayvon Mullen, CB
Drue Tranquill, LB
Corey Ballentine, CB
Albert Huggins, INT-DL
Andrew Wingard, S

It's the heart of draft season. My favorite time of the year! :D

Thanks for doing this. Love the first two picks. No UT after that, though, with all of that talent sitting there in the first two rounds. The Colts need another one IMO, so perhaps with their other 2nd rounder(or the one they get for trading Brissett :thmup:). Hopefully they get a S in FA as well, because otherwise that position is thin, and round 7 isn't likely to bear much fruit.  

1 hour ago, twfish said:

I have zero idea about Zach Allen, but isnt BC primarily a 3-4 defense?

Zach Allen is 6'4" 284 and we can play him outside or inside on the line. He won't be asked to drop into coverage. Pairing him with Autry on passing downs could cause some havoc on the quarterback. We can move him outside on first down. 

Allen has some very nice pass rushing moves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hark said:

Great post! Already looking forward to FA and the draft. What is it about Tranquill that makes him project well into the Colts system in your eyes?

Thank you.

There are a few things that I really like about Tranquill. First of all, he is a 5th year college player so he brings maturity into the rookie class. I think the rest of the draft class will follow him as a leader. Second, he is a solid 6'1" 235 and did a great job making stops. He had 25.5 tackles for loss in his Notre Dame career (19.5 over the last 2 years), and that is impressive for an off ball linebacker. Third, he is a converted safety and is good in pass coverage. Especially zone, which is what he would play for us. 

He does have his deficiencies as well, which is why he probably won't come off the board until early on Day 3. 

All that said, he could blow everyone away during the draft season, and go higher. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hoose said:

Thanks for doing this. Love the first two picks. No UT after that, though, with all of that talent sitting there in the first two rounds. The Colts need another one IMO, so perhaps with their other 2nd rounder(or the one they get for trading Brissett :thmup:). Hopefully they get a S in FA as well, because otherwise that position is thin, and round 7 isn't likely to bear much fruit.  

I think we are going to see a run on DT's in the top 25. I felt that way since the draft ended last year so I wouldn't be surprised if a big dog falls to us. I think it's possible that Christian Wilkins could be there. I just have a gut feeling about it. Long way to go though. :) 

6 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Mullen would be a great fit for this team .....But..... I see a late second round guy

I would also say that my heart is set on a UT and a DE that both can pass rush with the first two picks (Of course, I will probably be wrong  :) )

I strongly believe that Ballard is going to go offensive line and front seven, early and often in just about every draft. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

I think we are going to see a run on DT's in the top 25. I felt that way since the draft ended last year so I wouldn't be surprised if a big dog falls to us. I think it's possible that Christian Wilkins could be there. I just have a gut feeling about it. Long way to go though. :) 

Wilkens would be a good choice at our pick

I hope that you are right

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

The need here is a lot less than it seems potentially, based on how the staff views players like Ward, Lewis, Turay, and their development..... they still need to add DL guys, but if they like what they have, and are confident in them fulfilling their potential, it may be more like 1 high pick on DL, then later rounds for depth....