JMichael557

Luck did not play well comments are simply false

So much Luck Bashing (which happens after every loss) that it cannot be addressed in every thread. I wonder if those who complain ever go back and watch the game film to see what happened as opposed to "relying" on what you thought you saw while you were upset with the play results. Go back and look at the game and then tell me I am wrong.

Let’s look at the pass plays

1st Series

3rd and 3 Luck hits Ebron in the stomach, and he drops the ball. (Luck’s fault Ebron DROPPED the ball?)

2nd Series

1st and 10 the ball is batted down because KC defender grabbed Nelsons face mask (a serious penalty) shoving his head back and forced himself on top of Luck, this trend of illegal hands to the face would continue all day).

2nd and 10 batted down, again hands to fact forcing the Oline to retreat into Luck

3rd and 10 Pass to Pascal who could not get any separation and the defender knocked the ball away. (Lucks fault for lack of separation?)

3rd Series

2nd and 16 Pass to Hilton 10 Years

3rd and 6 Pass to Ebron who instead of continuing to run stops short of the first down marker. A play that should have gone for 8 yards goes for only 5 (Luck’s Fault Ebron stopped running?)

4th Series

1st and 10 Pass Ebron 21 Yards

1st and 10 Pass Inman 12 Yards

1st and 10 Pass Ebron 4 Yards

2nd and 6 Pass Rodgers 11 Yards

1st and 10 Pas Inman 14 Yards

1st and 10 Luck on a nine-yard scramble (Of that’s right Luck never ran this game)

MISSED FIELD GOAL

That is the First Half 4 possessions. Two of those ended because the TE either dropped the ball or failed to run to the first down line. One ended when the clock ran out, and we missed a FG. Only one legitimate stop by KC. Several hands to the face penalties were not called.

2nd HALF

1st Series

1st and 10 4 yard pass to Rodgers

2nd and 6 10 yard pass to Inman

1st and 10 Ebron DROPS 5 yard Pass

2nd and 10 Roger DROPS 9 yard Pass

3rd and 10 Pass in the flat to Rodgers are short, looks that ball slipped. Rodgers was not getting the first down even with a good pass

2nd Series

1st and 10 20 yard pass to Inman

Note Mack with the big run called back by a holding on Smith that DID NOT OCCUR.

2nd and 17  11 yard pass to Hilton

3rd and 6 Luck was sacked. Glow allowed the DT to come straight for an uncontested sack.

3rd Series (Following fumble recovery)

1st and 10 Bare Miss to Hilton (Several Hands to face on linemen)

2nd and 10 Strip sack. Our entire Offensive line collapsed.

4th Series

2nd and 7 Luck Scambles for 7 yards and a 1st Down (Running Again)

1st and 10 Incomplete pass to Hilton who was covered

2nd and 15 Ball batted down (once again big push with hand to face and face mask, you can see the neck of O-line pushed back as far as possible “very dangerous”)

3rd and 15 Pass to Hilton would have been first down. Miscommunication Hilton turned inside, and Luck threw outside.

5th Series

1st and 10 Luck threw the ball away as he was being sacked.

2nd and 10 Luck throws the ball short as he is falling backward because of Pass Rush.

(Run for first down)

1st and 10 Throws a perfect ball to Ebron who fails to come back for the ball and the defender “catches up” if Ebron comes back to ball it is either a catch or interference. Luck could not throw the ball in front of Eborn as KC has a safety over  the top. Throw the ball out in front and its intercepted.

3rd and 9 Ball batted down. Once again blatant hands to the face to force guards backward. (I am sure Colts will file a complaint with the league)

4th and 9 Pass to Rodgers for 12 yards

1st and 10 Pass to Hilton for 29-yard Touchdown Great Throw and Catch.

6th Series

2nd and 1 Pass to Hilton for 10 yards

1st and 10 Pass to Ebron for 4 yards

2nd and 6 Pass to Ebron for 17 yards

1st and 10 Pass to Rodgers 3 yards

2nd and 7 Pass of 25 years to Fountain who DROPPED THE BALL.

In reviewing the film, I do not see anywhere that Luck played poorly. He never held the ball too long or had a noodle arm. The Offensive line blocking in the middle G-C-G was ineffective KC interior made an immediate push. We were pretty good with blocking the edges, but Luck could not step up in the pocket which is what happened on the strip sack.  How did our G-C-G combination that had been so good suddenly fail? It is because of KC deliberately, in my opinion, decided to go hands the face once they realized the refs were not going to call the penalty. We could not stop the rush when KC could grab the facemask. This made a huge impact on the outcome of the game.

The second problem was drops. We had a least 4 Drops.

I do not know of anything else Andrew Luck could have done in this game. He was under constant pressure. His passes were on target except for the one slip. He ran for 2 first downs. He threw a TD pass to Hilton and one to Fountain that he dropped. He leads us down the field to a short FG with time expiring, and the kick was missed.

All told that is 17 points plus the TD that’s 24 and we are in the game despite the other drops and the inability to protect.  

I just do not understand people complaining about Luck not playing well. That is just false.

So much Luck Bashing (which happens after every loss) that it cannot be addressed in every thread. I wonder if those who complain ever go back and watch the game film to see what happened as opposed to "relying" on what you thought you saw while you were upset with the play results. Go back and look at the game and then tell me I am wrong.

1st Series

3rd and 3 Luck hits Ebron in the stomach, and he drops the ball. (Luck’s fault Ebron DROPPED the ball?)

2nd Series

1st and 10 the ball is batted down because KC defender grabbed Nelsons face mask (a serious penalty) shoving his head back and forced himself on top of Luck, this trend of illegal hands to the face would continue all day).

2nd and 10 batted down, again hands to fact forcing the Oline to retreat into Luck

3rd and 10 Pass to Pascal who could not get any separation and the defender knocked the ball away. (Lucks fault for lack of separation?)

3rd Series

3rd and 6 Pass to Ebron who instead of continuing to run stops short of the first down marker. A play that should have gone for 8 yards goes for only 5 (Luck’s Fault Ebron stopped running?)

4th Series

1st and 10 Luck on a nine-yard scramble (Of that’s right Luck never ran this game)

MISSED FIELD GOAL

That is the First Half 4 possessions. Two of those ended because the TE either dropped the ball or failed to run to the first down line. One ended when the clock ran out, and we missed a FG. Only one legitimate stop by KC. Several hands to the face penalties were not called.

2nd HALF

1st Series

3rd and 10 Pass in the flat to Rodgers are short, looks that ball slipped. Rodgers was not getting the first down even with a good pass

2nd Series

Note Mack with the big run called back by a holding on Smith that DID NOT OCCUR.

3rd and 6 Luck was sacked. Glow allowed the DT to come straight for an uncontested sack.

4th Series

2nd and 15 Ball batted down (once again big push with hand to face and face mask, you can see the neck of O-line pushed back as far as possible “very dangerous”)

3rd and 15 Pass to Hilton would have been first down. Miscommunication Hilton turned inside, and Luck threw outside.

5th Series

2nd and 10 Luck throws the ball short as he is falling backward because of Pass Rush.

(Run for first down)

1st and 10 Throws a perfect ball to Ebron who fails to come back for the ball and the defender “catches up” if Ebron comes back to ball it is either a catch or interference. Luck could not throw the ball in front of Eborn as KC has a safety over  the top. Throw the ball out in front and its intercepted.

3rd and 9 Ball batted down. Once again blatant hands to the face to force guards backward. (I am sure Colts will file a complaint with the league)

6th Series

In reviewing the film, I do not see anywhere that Luck played poorly. He never held the ball too long or had a noodle arm. The Offensive line blocking in the middle G-C-G was ineffective KC interior made an immediate push. We were pretty good with blocking the edges, but Luck could not step up in the pocket which is what happened on the strip sack.  How did our G-C-G combination that had been so good suddenly fail? It is because of KC deliberately, in my opinion, decided to go hands the face once they realized the refs were not going to call the penalty. We could not stop the rush when KC could grab the facemask. This made a huge impact on the outcome of the game.

I do not know of anything else Andrew Luck could have done in this game. He was under constant pressure. His passes were on target except for the one slip. He ran for 2 first downs. He threw a TD pass to Hilton and one to Fountain that he dropped. He leads us down the field to a short FG with time expiring, and the kick was missed.

All told that is 17 points plus the TD that’s 24 and we are in the game despite the other drops and the inability to protect.  

I just do not understand people complaining about Luck not playing well. That is just false.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Hard to blame Luck when the offensive line was bullied all day. WRs couldn't get open. We abandoned the running game. Kinda had to. Got down early and you have to keep up with that lethal Chiefs offense. It wasn't his best game for sure. But plenty of blame to go around. 

• Like 1

I think criticism of Luck is perfectly understanable.  He replaced Peyton Manning, meaning the Colts would maintain excelence for another 15 years.

He has not quite lived up to the hype. Superman he ain't.  So far, he has failed to take his team to the place where a truly "generational" QB can.  Good QB, better than average QB - yes! Generational player - nope, not yet.  He's entering his age 30 season.  So far, he hasn't lived up to expectations.  You can blame it on the refs, the O-Line, the receivers.  OK, there is some blame to go around.  But a great QB is supposed to make everyone better.  NFL QB is much more than just physical talent. Luck is a great physical talent who has failed in his biggest challenges. The great ones dominate a contest and live up to the hype. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On the bright side, Peyton Manning was in his 9th year and 30 years old when he won his first Super Bowl. Looks like things are right on schedule!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Roger said:

I think criticism of Luck is perfectly understanable.  He replaced Peyton Manning, meaning the Colts would maintain excelence for another 15 years.

He has not quite lived up to the hype. Superman he ain't.  So far, he has failed to take his team to the place where a truly "generational" QB can.  Good QB, better than average QB - yes! Generational player - nope, not yet.  He's entering his age 30 season.  So far, he hasn't lived up to expectations.  You can blame it on the refs, the O-Line, the receivers.  OK, there is some blame to go around.  But a great QB is supposed to make everyone better.  NFL QB is much more than just physical talent. Luck is a great physical talent who has failed in his biggest challenges. The great ones dominate a contest and live up to the hype. 

This is hilarious lol. Luck literally carried the worst rosters in the NFL his first 3 years to the AFC chanpionship game. Dont act delusional. Generational QB’s also need a decent amount of supporting cast. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone forgets how manning got us down big in so many playoff  games because he brought the team back from a lot of his interceptions and mistakes.

• Like 1

Luck didn't play well, but he didn't play as poorly as people are saying. 

• Like 5

For whatever reason(s) the offense AND  Luck played horrible. ZERO first downs until like 2 minutes to go in the first half. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Roger said:

Name one big game in which a "great one" lived up to the hype and dominated the game when his receivers and oline let him down. Just one big game as an example please. From anyone. Brady, Elway, Manning, Montana. Anyone.

Luck had enjoyed wonderful OL protection leading up to the game. When he had to escape the pocket and make throws on the move, he had shown earlier he was willing and could do it. However, in this game, his pocket awareness was not nearly the same as it had been in other games. 

A lot of it could also be attributed to the amount of contact being allowed by Chiefs' DBs, hard to say without looking at everything. However, while he could not step into the pocket, when the tackles did do well, he could have stepped out of the pocket and got it done a bit with his legs or arms. Plus, with pressure, he has to learn to take the sacks without fumbling for a guy that is typically bigger than most QBs around the league. 

He was not the only reason the offense failed, a large part of it was Reich's play calling and OL as well, but Luck was a significant reason by being the guy who touched the ball every snap. His improvisation skills left much to be desired in this game and even when pass catchers were open, he short hopped several balls like Deshaun Watson did the previous game. If we criticized Watson for doing it, we have to apply the same yard stick to Luck too.

He underwhelmed, no two ways about it to me. Yes, a lot of the supporting cast failed him but there were still plays to be made he did not make.

• Thanks 1

All in all, Luck had a genuine off day in an otherwise tremendous comeback season. He was tentative on his short passes, and off target as well. I'm assuming there is nothing wrong with his arm, though I'm still a little concerned given how he shot-putted so many passes Saturday. But lets be fair: he didn't have much of a cast to throw to, and Reich was less than imaginative in his play calling. TY was playing injured; Ebron was back to his Jeckel and Hyde ways; and nobody was getting separation. The O line was outplayed for the first time in a while. The D got run over in the first half..... you all know the story. It wasn't their day. The Chiefs were better. Its not all on Luck. 

But............assuming no physical problems, I expect Luck to be even better next year. With a stronger and more mature supporting cast. The team will put that stink bomb they laid in KC behind them, and learn from it. I'm excited for the future.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Roger said:

Manning failed at all these things too...until the one time he didn't.

2 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

1st Series

This is not Luck's fault and a catch by Ebron here could have gotten the Colts to a better start, obviously. It would have extended the drive and given Reich a better opportunity to showcase his original game plan.

2nd Series

- Every QB deals with balls batted down here and there, however, this appears to be much more of an issue with Luck, than any other QB, including a much smaller Brees. I agree about the KC defenders and the hands to the face, but Luck cannot continue to throw right at the defenders. See how Mahomes avoided doing this. He used different angles to throw the ball. This might seem nit-picky, however, he did have 4 batted balls in 1 game.

- No separation by Pascal, but it also means that Luck threw it to a receiver that was covered. Ebron was open in the flat to Luck's right. He had better options and elected to make the more difficult throw.

3rd Series

- This was a WR bubble screen at the LOS. Sure, it's a pass, but really, it's an extension of the run game.

-Completely Ebron's fault. Did not help Luck or the team.

4th Series:

The rest of the plays noted here are within 2:00 before the half and the Chiefs played prevent defense. So in essence, Luck completed passes when there was no real pressure in his face. I expect our MVP caliber player to handle pressure better, and not just be able to complete passes against prevent defense.

MISSED FIELD GOAL

2nd HALF

1st Series

- This play illustrates why many Colts fans did not think Luck played well. Rogers ran a 5-yard out. Luck threw the ball to the ground and Rogers dove to catch it. Luck turned a simple 5-yard out into an adventure.

- 5-yard in route with good zip. Good pass by Luck, good timing, good footwork.

-Another vintage Ebron drop. Luck felt pressure, moved up into the pocket, escaped to the right side and threw a good pass.

- Luck has time, steps into his throw and Rogers drops it. Good play by Luck.

- Again, another low, wobbly pass that Rogers had to dive for. Yes, Rogers was not going to get a first down on this play. It's the optics here that matter. This is a throw that a high school QB will routinely complete, yet, with all of his struggles this day, Luck missed this throw. 

2nd Series

- Luck had time, good footwork, made a really good throw to Inman.

- I hated this penalty call. That was not holding.

- Good throw under pressure. Hilton knew that due to down and distance, the Chiefs would be in zone defense. He sat in the zone in the middle and Luck found him there.

- This was a deep out pass from Luck to Hilton. For many QBs coming out of college, one of the main things GMs consider is, "can you make the deep out with good velocity." Luck lobbed a deep out instead of rifling it there, before Hilton got to the sideline. This was a bare miss because Luck threw a lob pass. We've all see Luck make this pass before, with much better velocity.

4th Series

- Luck had nowhere to go on this play. No fault to Luck.

- Another batted ball.

- Not sure who's at fault here, but when T.Y. turned inside, he was open. The ball went outside and should have been picked off. Defender dropped an easy one here.

5th Series

- Luck held onto the ball and couldn't find an open receiver. The D-line continue to get closer and closer to Luck. Luck went to his check down and threw the ball short, skipping it to Wilkins. Maybe he intended to throw it away,  but again, the optics of this is another throw that short hopped the intended receiver. Luck shook his head after the throw, indicating he made a poor throw rather than a throw-away.

(Run for first down)

- We disagree here. Ebron ran an out-and-up and had beat his defender by 5-yards. Luck completely under threw him and Ebron did stop and come back for the ball, but the defender caught up and made contact with Ebron. Had Luck led Ebron, it would've been a TD. The safety would not have been able to make a play on the ball if Luck had led Ebron. The safety was too far inside providing over-the-top coverage for TY, who was running a post.

-Another batted ball. In each of these instances, the defender is right in his face, yet he keeps trying to make throws when there is not a throwing lane. He has to take a simple side step, and then throw.

- Good throw to Rogers in a tight window.

6th Series

- By this time the game was well out of reach. The defense was in prevent mode. I fully expect Luck to complete passes when they are not pressuring him. 

Thanks for a thoughtful post, and it's clear that it took a lot of time and effort. Well done.

I am of the camp that thinks Andrew did not play well yesterday. I would like to explain why I feel this way, and I'd like to point out that I did re-watch the game, and I watched certain plays multiple times. My response is in an effort to have conversation and not be adversarial for the sake of having an argument.

I'd like to state that the O-line was dominated by the Chiefs. They played their worst pass pro this game, mainly due to the incredible push and rush by the Chiefs (and hands to the face multiple times. League should look into this). Also, the receivers struggled to get separation and had issues with drops. Ebron also had multiple drops and mental lapses. ALL of this led to Luck also playing poorly, and throw in that fact that the defense could not stop the Chiefs offense, it placed an incredible amount of pressure on Luck. But we have seen Luck with a bad O-line, sub-par receivers, and a poor defense and still play at a high level. Yesterday, unfortunately, Luck too was a part of the problem and not a part of the solution (which he normally is).

Please see some of my comments above:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

1st Series

2nd Series

3rd Series

4th Series

MISSED FIELD GOAL

2nd HALF

1st Series

2nd Series

4th Series

5th Series

(Run for first down)

6th Series

1st Series

2nd Series

3rd Series

4th Series

MISSED FIELD GOAL

2nd HALF

1st Series

2nd Series

4th Series

5th Series

(Run for first down)

6th Series

I agree with a lot of this but I don't think Luck had a  "good" game. I had made a thread right after the game addressing what I thought were multiple "hand to the face" on Q. Some here thought it was because of the way he "positioned" himself when he pass blocked. I agree with you that there were probably 2 others during the game that were as blatant as the one Jones pulled off in that 2nd drive.

Saying Luck did not play well is not a knock. The whole team did NOT play well. I'm excited to see where Luck is next year. This will actually be his first healthy offseason In years. Get that shoulder stronger. Get timing down with guys. Just put that work in to get to the next level.

• Like 1

You seriously went through every play to explain how Andrew didn’t play bad? He played bad. Was he terrible? Absolutely not. But did he play underwhelming football? Absolutely

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Luck didn't play well, but he didn't play as poorly as people are saying. 

This right here ^

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Saying Luck did not play well is not a knock. The whole team did NOT play well. I'm excited to see where Luck is next year. This will actually be his first healthy offseason In years. Get that shoulder stronger. Get timing down with guys. Just put that work in to get to the next level.

And to think, stats wise, he had one of his best years to date... 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

This right here ^

And to think, stats wise, he had one of his best years to date... 

Coming from May never play again. What he's been doing since out was just to get back. We all know that body had to get tired from the season. Coming back from he did I would have no doubt. I look for Luck to be much better next year. 

• Like 1

Sounds rather simple to me: We're an indoor team, and it was fricking cold. As Ebron said, we left it back in Indy... in that indoor stadium... with that warm heating... and clear green field...

Maybe next time, let's play for a bye, like New England always does.

• Like 1

For me, a QB is responsible for making good decisions and placing the ball where it needs to be.  I can't comment on whether he threw it to the correct receiver, but he has never been consistently elite when it comes to ball placement, and the KC game was no exception.  Also, his throws seemed low or short, when he typically misses high.

I think Luck would have been fine if the oline played better and the receivers got open, so he wasn't the driver of the bad offense, but he certainly did contribute to it, IMO.  

Give luck

hill 

kelce

watkins

and you’d see a better andrew

instead luck had

a hobbled ty

ebron

and maybe inman

paraphrase chiefs skill players make Mahomes look really good. They’re play calling was pretty good also

I don't think the team played well in general.  I could tell it was going to be rough for the offense when they ran a delayed draw right off the bat, then on third Ebron dropped the ball.  You know it's a rough day when the goat misses a field goal and extra point.  They just flat out didn't seem ready to play.  That being said, they still had a whole heap of opportunities.  

41 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Give luck

hill 

kelce

watkins

and you’d see a better andrew

instead luck had

a hobbled ty

ebron

and maybe inman

paraphrase chiefs skill players make Mahomes look really good. They’re play calling was pretty good also

Inman's 's snaps were pretty limited.

TY  54

Rogers 47 

Pascal  39

Inman  21

Bro, thats a lot to read. And he played like crap. That pass that Ebron dropped looked like a punt coming out of his hands. And he didnt scramble for yrds. He didn't look comfortable till it was too late. Braden Smith had a bad day too. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Y'all know I'm a big Andrew fan. Andrew wasnt bad but he didnt play well.

Our entire offense was bad. The Chiefs got up in his face and batted down 5 passes.

He had at least 3 dropped. None intercepted.

But there were some  short flat passes he just missed.

And I agree with Gus.

I was begging for a bootleg against their rush.  He'd have picked up a couple of first downs that way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

I don't think the team played well in general.  I could tell it was going to be rough for the offense when they ran a delayed draw right off the bat, then on third Ebron dropped the ball.  You know it's a rough day when the goat misses a field goal and extra point.  They just flat out didn't seem ready to play.  That being said, they still had a whole heap of opportunities.  

When they won the toss and deferred and we went 3-and-out, that's a big early

'win' right there.

The Ebron drop was big...

But, to be fair, he drops some. WE know that. he always has.

I like him and he made a few catches but he didnt play well.

None of us did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

As bad as we played vinateri missing the Fg before half killed us ,that drained team imo

OMG yes.

That missed 3 makes it 24-10 and then the miss extra point would have made it 24-17.

You've got to be good on the road in the post-season and we were not good.

• Like 1

As someone still seriously involved in playing a team sport (at a reasonably high level), I find it a mystery how I can play great on most days, then terrible every once in a while. It makes no sense. Yet it still happens. That's life.

Luck had a great season overall and played very well against Houston in the Wildcard game.   However he stunk against K.C. and his going 3 and out on the first four drives to start the game pretty much doomed us from the jump against a team like the Chiefs.  He was simply outplayed by Mahomes.  Just calling it for what it was.  Luck is still comeback player of the year. I think we have a 5-6 year window to get a Lombardi with him or it likely won’t happen. These next few seasons are really important for his legacy. 

11 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

1st Series

2nd Series

3rd Series

4th Series

MISSED FIELD GOAL

2nd HALF

1st Series

2nd Series

4th Series

5th Series

(Run for first down)

6th Series

1st Series

2nd Series

3rd Series

4th Series

MISSED FIELD GOAL

2nd HALF

1st Series

2nd Series

4th Series

5th Series

(Run for first down)

6th Series

Good lord!!! How long did it take you to write that essay!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Roger said:

Elway didn't win it all until year 15, Peyton year 9. Luck just played his 6th full season. People now days have 0 patience. They see what the Pats are doing and just assume everything is easy I guess. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

This here alone shows why you are completely biased. If a receiver has to come back for the ball, then it is absolutely impossible for it to be a perfect pass. You're entire post has been rendered irrelevant, and you have wasted your time by incorporating blatant bias and excuse making.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

1st Series

2nd Series

3rd Series

4th Series

MISSED FIELD GOAL

2nd HALF

1st Series

2nd Series

4th Series

5th Series

(Run for first down)

6th Series

1st Series

2nd Series

3rd Series

4th Series

MISSED FIELD GOAL

2nd HALF

1st Series

2nd Series

4th Series

5th Series

(Run for first down)

6th Series

Could you please expand upon your thought that Luck did not play poorly?

• Haha 1

Is it really that blasphemous to say Luck didn’t have a great game around here? He played well all season just not Sunday

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Conversely, I'd say that's one of the worst games I've seen from him as a pro. 

He did not play well and it's plain as day- my alternate thread title.

The offense scored 6 points. That's not a bad starting point for making the case.

Lot's of dropped INT's. Lot's of shaky looking balls. Lot's of batted passes. The WR's weren't great either, but they're not throwing the thing at their own feet. Then on the other side of the field, the other guy didn't have any issue with managing the elements or keeping the ball secure. The eye test can tell ya what you need to know about that game and Luck's performance. It was a pretty low floor performance, despite his high ceiling and very good average.  Too bad the squad's issues were exposed in full during that game-I'm not saying it's all 100% on him, but I've seen Luck overcome less than ideal protection and mediocre receiving talent behind T.Y before. It wasn't happening last Saturday.