Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bringing Closure to our 2018 Season.

Caffrey

OK Colts Nation, our 2018 season is over.

Congrats to the KC Chiefs, I do hope the beat the Pats and go on to win the Super Bowl.

To reflect back, anybody who talked playoffs at preseason or at 1-5 would have been called *s by many here on this forum.

I always think we have a chance until mathematically eliminated.

Anyway, even though we loss, about half the expert announcers thought we would beat the Chiefs as we can't that bad.

If we played a good game, who knows but again given the Chiefs the credit the deserve and like us, their future looks bright, especially with their shinning star QB Mahomes.

The season is over, we have a lot of cap space, an extra early 2nd round draft choice from the Jets and looks like we will also get a 4th round compensatory pick for losing Moncrief to free agency. 

Just a small note, our 5th WR Fountain, missed that wide open pass for a TD towards the end of the 4th quarter.  Although meaningless, the score would have been 31-20 instead of 31-13.  Maybe that's why he stayed on the practice squad all year.  He will be thinking about that all off-season, hopefully he makes the 2nd year jump in improvement.   We had a good year, I would like to have seen us play better in our last game though.

• Like 1

I loved this season, I am ready to hang my 11th Elite 8 Banner in Indianapolis Colts history (1984-2018) = 1995, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2018

-Final 4 Banners = 1995, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014

-AFC Title Banners = 2006, 2009

-SB Title Banner = 2006

-Butt Hurt Banner - To the people that have a problem with hanging banners to celebrate a solid season. Who just love to make fun of something and have no life I guess :funny:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caffrey said:

Just a small note, our 5th WR Fountain, missed that wide open pass for a TD towards the end of the 4th quarter.  Although meaningless, the score would have been 31-20 instead of 31-13.  Maybe that's why he stayed on the practice squad all year.  He will be thinking about that all off-season, hopefully he makes the 2nd year jump in improvement.   We had a good year, I would like to have seen us play better in our last game though.

Yeah that was a bad one.

I do believe though that this staff will take that as an opportunity to teach.  Say to him that, as bad as you feel about it now, imagine if it had mattered in the final score.

I really hope Cain comes in and has an impact next year.  We sorely need weapons for Luck, via draft and free agency.

I’m just ready for it to be over. For good. Y’all keep arguing, Luck is guiding the ball, there’s something wrong with him (oh man, that again? % fire and throw away the matches...) coaching sucked, coaching didn’t suck, players sucked, Vinny suck, refs were against us, blah blah blah blah freaking blah. 

We lost. For a whole lot of reasons. Way more reasons than we should have. But it really doesn’t matter. This team over-achieved this season. We saw plenty of good and plenty of bad from them. It’s a different season now, and arguing about all this crap isn’t gonna change that it happened. 

We’re on to free agency. 

• Like 2

Yeah, many other fan bases would be content with this season, but if the Colts make the playoffs in 2019, we will have made the playoffs in 18 of the past 25 seasons.  Colt fans expect to win.  I've noticed it on this forum.  Once the Colts start winning, the whole mindset changes quickly.  Now it's all about a championship.  How do we get there?  A division title or another playoff appearance is not enough.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, #12. said:

Yeah, many other fan bases would be content with this season, but if the Colts make the playoffs in 2019, we will have made the playoffs in 18 of the past 25 seasons.  Colt fans expect to win.  I've noticed it on this forum.  Once the Colts start winning, the whole mindset changes quickly.  Now it's all about a championship.  How do we get there?  A division title or another playoff appearance is not enough.

Bunch of spoiled, entitled fans who need to come back to reality.