Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

Colts away schedule is brutal

2 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

The chiefs have won their first home playoff game for the first time in what... 24 years and the are consistently good?

Let's not get carried away, yes they are good this season, but consistency is 4-5 years in a row. 

Mahomes got hit against the colts, and we have seen players like him at QB pop up once in a while, but their longevity havn't been good outside of Russell Wilson.

they've been in the playoffs 4 times in the last 5 years

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Thought I was reading a Dr. Seuss rhyme for a sec :)

We cannot beat them here or there,

We cannot beat them anywhere,

Our schedule leaves us in a jam,

I do not like it, Sam I Am....

17 hours ago, HOF19 said:

And ????? …………. My buddy (Giants fan ) ALWAYS complains after his Giants go to the playoffs and then gets a tougher schedule the following season …...Well hey just like the team with the worst record gets the first pick in the draft ( which is proper ) it is also proper that we get a tough schedule next season …..WHY ? …….Because we made the playoffs . So I guess we can't complain .

Just like every other team in AFC South we play the entire AFC West and NFC South.  

The teams outside of that we play are Pittsburgh and Miami.  Miami has been no more than an average team for quite a while now and Pittsburgh is going through a lot of turmoil with Bell, Brown, etc.... I kind of expect next year to be Tomlin's last year there.  

Since we got 2nd in our division we got the 2nd place teams in the AFC East and AFC North (as @jvan1973 and @chad72 say below, they are the only 2 games which are impacted by our record).  Since HOU won our division, they've got a harder schedule having to take on New England and Baltimore....  We proved we're a good team this year and can hang with pretty much anyone.  A few key additions in the off-season, a healthy team, and some development by our current players and we should be in very good position to be battling for the AFC South.

17 hours ago, coltsva said:

Steelers without Brown are middle of the pack team. 

I think the Steelers are going to fall apart next year.  It sounds like a lot of doubt about Big Ben and a lot of criticism of the way Tomlin is handling that locker room/team.  Personally, I expect both of them to be done in Pitt after next year.  It's too early to tell, but they scare me less than the Browns or Ravens do this far out.

17 hours ago, chad72 said:

Only 2 games are impacted by how you finish - Dolphins and Steelers in our case. Rest are predetermined.

Our main issues will be limiting good QBs with zone coverages, Matt Ryan is no slouch either.

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Where you finish only affects 2 games