Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC and NFC Championship Predictions

danlhart87

Sunday's AFCCG could be the coldest in history:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/1/14/18182545/sunday-could-be-the-coldest-game-in-arrowhead-stadium-history

We are looking at possibly a start of 10-15 degrees F and going down to zero or negative degrees by the time the game is over. No precipitation though, just plain cold.

Hopefully Brady's 41 year old bones come ready to be hit several times in that cold. :) 

before the season i picked the rams and patriots to make the super bowl with the rams winning

i would probably go with the saints now, but since my original is still alive i'll stick with that.  the patriots chiefs game is anyone's guess really

Rams 30, Saints 24

Patriots 31, chiefs 30

On 1/14/2019 at 3:06 PM, Luck is Good said:

Patriots vs Saints SB. Saints win. Drew Brees catapults himself up the QB list with 2 SB championships

He would become only the 13th to do so in 53 SB's. He would join:

Brady 5

Montana 4

Bradshaw 4

Aikman 3

Starr 2

Griese 2

Staubach 2

Plunkett 2

Elway 2

Roethlisberger 2

Eli Manning 2

Peyton Manning 2

On 1/13/2019 at 9:45 PM, RollerColt said:

Patriots 41 Chiefs 35

Rams 30 Saints 27

Patriots and Rams rematch in the Super Bowl. The matchup that began the dynasty will also be how it ends. 

If I had to put my cash on the line, this is how I would place it.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:59 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He would become only the 13th to do so in 53 SB's. He would join:

Brady 5

Montana 4

Bradshaw 4

Aikman 3

Starr 2

Griese 2

Staubach 2

Plunkett 2

Elway 2

Roethlisberger 2

Eli Manning 2

Peyton Manning 2

Get that list sorted, Peyton above Starr. Peyton sitting below his brother is the worst thing I’ve seen on the internet this year.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Get that list sorted, Peyton above Starr. Peyton sitting below his brother is the worst thing I’ve seen on the internet this year.

This is just a list of QB's that have won 2 or more. It is not a list who was better. I listed them in order by when they won. Of course Peyton is better than the other 2 time winners.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is just a list of QB's that have won 2 or more. It is not a list who was better. I listed them in order by when they won. Of course Peyton is better than the other 2 time winners.

I did know that, sometimes people just don’t get my attempt at humour…wife has a go at me all the time about this:facepalm:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I did know that, sometimes people just don’t get my attempt at humour…wife has a go at me all the time about this:facepalm:

No bigge. My true all-time list as far as greatest would probably be:

1. Tom :no:

2. Montana 

3. I have Peyton at 3, the 2 SB wins + 5 MVP's has him Top 3 IMO.

-Brees blew a golden opportunity to get that 2nd win.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No bigge. My true all-time list as far as greatest would probably be:

1. Tom :no:

2. Montana 

3. I have Peyton at 3, the 2 SB wins + 5 MVP's has him Top 3 IMO.

-Brees blew a golden opportunity to get that 2nd win.

I’m still not sure about Brady and Montana. The game back in Montana’s day was so different. Joe never had the protection from the officials that Brady enjoys. It was also harder for Montana to connect with his receivers, as they also didn’t get the protection that Brady’s receivers do. It’s a close one for me, I’m probably just not wanting to say Tom, because I hate the Pats ship and everybody that sails in it so much. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m still not sure about Brady and Montana. The game back in Montana’s day was so different. Joe never had the protection from the officials that Brady enjoys. It was also harder for Montana to connect with his receivers, as they also didn’t get the protection that Brady’s receivers do. It’s a close one for me, I’m probably just not wanting to say Tom, because I hate the Pats ship and everybody that sails in it so much. 

Yeah that Top 3 could go either way. Montana was amazing, he never threw an INT in a SB and Peyton could carry a team like no other. Tom 9 SB appearances now though, man that is crazy. I also thought Elway with his 2 SB wins was awesome, he put up great numbers as well. Elway by the eye test ranks up there with the those 3, he could run really well too.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that Top 3 could go either way. Montana was amazing, he never threw an INT in a SB and Peyton could carry a team like no other. Tom 9 SB appearances now though, man that is crazy. I also thought Elway with his 2 SB wins was awesome, he put up great numbers as well. Elway by the eye test ranks up there with the those 3, he could run really well too.

I know what the Pats have done is amazing, but something about it always niggles away at me. If you are not in it, you can’t win it. The Patriots are in the playoffs every year, partly down to the fact they have the softest division in my opinion. The Bills, Jets and Dolphins, how could you fail. If you are winning your division (winning mentality) and playing playoff football every season, then you are going to benefit big time over the long term, the experience these coaches and players have is a massive advantage over their counterparts.

14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I know what the Pats have done is amazing, but something about it always niggles away at me. If you are not in it, you can’t win it. The Patriots are in the playoffs every year, partly down to the fact they have the softest division in my opinion. The Bills, Jets and Dolphins, how could you fail. If you are winning your division (winning mentality) and playing playoff football every season, then you are going to benefit big time over the long term, the experience these coaches and players have is a massive advantage over their counterparts.

I would take Peyton 1st in an all-time draft if I had the 1st choice so maybe my list is a bit of a contradict but Tom is the most accomplished winner along with Montana. I do think Peyton could take a 0-16 team to 9-7 in 1 year is maybe why I would take Peyton #1 in a draft. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would take Peyton 1st in an all-time draft if I had the 1st choice so maybe my list is a bit of a contradict but Tom is the most accomplished winner along with Montana. I do think Peyton could take a 0-16 team to 9-7 in 1 year is maybe why I would take Peyton #1 in a draft. 

If I had a team in the Super Bowl next week, as much as it hurts me to say it, I’d take Brady, purely because he’s been there and done it so many times. Even though i just typed that, I still don’t think Brady is a better QB than Peyton. :mindblow::excited:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, I called the SB. Lets see if I get the winner right.

You’ll get the winner right. The patriots and Brady still have 5 more years of torturing the league. Seriously upset that these jokers are in the super bowl again. 

10 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

You’ll get the winner right. The patriots and Brady still have 5 more years of torturing the league. Seriously upset that these jokers are in the super bowl again. 

Me too. It's really getting frustrating. Deciding if I will watch the game or not this year. At least the Saints would of been fun. The Rams honestly bore me somewhat.

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Me too. It's really getting frustrating. Deciding if I will watch the game or not this year. At least the Saints would of been fun. The Rams honestly bore me somewhat.

For the 1st time in YEARS I really don’t want to watch it. I think this is why I stopped watching college football. You already know it’s going to be Alabama in the national championship every year.... where’s the fun in that? Where’s the parity?

the only thing that gives me hope that it’s all over soon is him saying in a recent interview that he still has a few things to accomplish before he retires. Hope it’s true. He’s cutting into Lucks career haha

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

For the 1st time in YEARS I really don’t want to watch it. I think this is why I stopped watching college football. You already know it’s going to be Alabama in the national championship every year.... where’s the fun in that? Where’s the parity?

the only thing that gives me hope that it’s all over soon is him saying in a recent interview that he still has a few things to accomplish before he retires. Hope it’s true. He’s cutting into Lucks career haha

To me, college football is only good to get these kids into the NFL. The sport itself is horrible. It's all about recruiting. Very little parity. I think Saban would get killed in the NFL tbh. He finally faced a team on his level in Clemson and got destroyed. He'd be a 6-10 coach in the NFL IMO with so much parity.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To me, college football is only good to get these kids into the NFL. The sport itself is horrible. It's all about recruiting. Very little parity. I think Saban would get killed in the NFL tbh. He finally faced a team on his level in Clemson and got destroyed. He'd be a 6-10 coach in the NFL IMO with so much parity.

VERY TRUE points!! The bottom line is how many chances you get to make it to the big dance. When you play in a crap division or conference your opportunities to make it far go up exponentially, thus increasing your chances to go home a winner. I mean...unless your the bills and lose 4 straight lol!!

parity Vs bad personal decisions by the AFC East. I think you already know the winner. The NFC is always someone new it seems. Now THATS exciting  

• Like 1

What is sad is my take away from yesterdays games are the REFS. The Saints non call on the Interference was perhaps the worse call I have ever seen. That roughing the Passer called on the Chiefs was horrible too in which gave the Pats new life and they scored on that drive. Dee Ford was offside so I do not have a problem with that call by the way. I am seriously thinking about not watching the SB, I have watched every SB since the 1977 Season when Dallas beat Denver. Patriots are going to steamroll the Rams and Brady will be moon walking over that team :billiejean: 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is sad is my take away from yesterdays games are the REFS. The Saints non call on the Interference was perhaps the worse call I have ever seen. That roughing the Passer called on the Chiefs was horrible too in which gave the Pats new life and they scored on that drive. Dee Ford was offside so I do not have a problem with that call by the way. I am seriously thinking about not watching the SB, I have watched every SB since the 1977 Season when Dallas beat Denver. Patriots are going to steamroll the Rams and Brady will be moon walking over that team :billiejean: 

All I can tell you is that if you think the Pats will steamroll the Rams, bet on them. You'll be covered both ways and it'll make the SB bearable to watch. It sucks that's it's these two teams, but it is what it is. Make a bet on the Pats and make the best of it IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think the rams can do it, they are favored for now too

im not mad about yesterday, i had the rams winning the super bowl in the preseason over the patriots 

Pats in a blowout. I hope I am wrong and you know I will admit to being wrong but they are not losing 2 SB's in a row to a QB that is not Elite.