Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First Mock Draft of the Offseason

Round 1: DT Christian Wilkins, Clemson - One of my favorite prospects who falls to us due to an elite DL class.  Wilkins off the field is definitely a Ballard guy.  He's a team captain and a William V. Campbell trophy award winner (CFB's top scholar-athlete).  On the field he's a disruptive 3Tech who can rush the passer and stop the run.  

Round 2 (NYJ pick): WR Kelvin Harmon, North Carolina State - One of my favorite WRs in the draft who can contribute right away to complement TY.  He's a big, physical receiver with strong hands.  He kind of reminds me of Michael Thomas coming out.  

Round 2: DE Brian Burns, Florida State - Burns gives us another edge rusher we can develop who was also a team captain.  He's got length and has a high ceiling as a pass rusher.  

Round 3: S Nasir Adderley, Delaware - An under the radar FCS prospect who can play next to Hooker.  He's good in coverage and against the run.

Round 4: WR Damarkus Lodge, Ole Miss - The least known of the Ole Miss WR trio who has a lot of potential.  Height-weight-speed type of guy.  Get Luck as many playmakers as possible.

Round 4 (projected compensatory pick): CB Iman Marshall, South California - Marshall is an experienced corner who is versatile and fast.  We need speed in our secondary and he would at least be good depth.

Round 5: OT Max Scharping, Northern Illinois - We need more depth at OL especially at OT.  Scharping is durable and dependable.  

Round 6: DT Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois - Another underrated FCS prospect who I really like.  He dominated the competition and has good burst and quickness for a man his size.

Round 7: LB Dakota Allen, Texas Tech - A LB depth pickup.  Allen was a team captain who is rangy and good in coverage.

In this mock I feel I covered a lot of our needs while also adding much needed depth.  Feel free to leave feedback thank you !

• Like 6

Very nice mock!

How do you feel about Jerry Tillery as a 3-tech if he's around and Wilkins is not?

His speed, ability to disrupt, and interior-pass rushing skills would be a perfect fit for this scheme.  He has tremendous size and length, as well.  Ballard really likes length. 

9 hours ago, coltsnation said:

Round 1: DT Christian Wilkins, Clemson - One of my favorite prospects who falls to us due to an elite DL class.  Wilkins off the field is definitely a Ballard guy.  He's a team captain and a William V. Campbell trophy award winner (CFB's top scholar-athlete).  On the field he's a disruptive 3Tech who can rush the passer and stop the run.  

Round 2 (NYJ pick): WR Kelvin Harmon, North Carolina State - One of my favorite WRs in the draft who can contribute right away to complement TY.  He's a big, physical receiver with strong hands.  He kind of reminds me of Michael Thomas coming out.  

Round 2: DE Brian Burns, Florida State - Burns gives us another edge rusher we can develop who was also a team captain.  He's got length and has a high ceiling as a pass rusher.  

Round 3: S Nasir Adderley, Delaware - An under the radar FCS prospect who can play next to Hooker.  He's good in coverage and against the run.

Round 4: WR Damarkus Lodge, Ole Miss - The least known of the Ole Miss WR trio who has a lot of potential.  Height-weight-speed type of guy.  Get Luck as many playmakers as possible.

Round 4 (projected compensatory pick): CB Iman Marshall, South California - Marshall is an experienced corner who is versatile and fast.  We need speed in our secondary and he would at least be good depth.

Round 5: OT Max Scharping, Northern Illinois - We need more depth at OL especially at OT.  Scharping is durable and dependable.  

Round 6: DT Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois - Another underrated FCS prospect who I really like.  He dominated the competition and has good burst and quickness for a man his size.

Round 7: LB Dakota Allen, Texas Tech - A LB depth pickup.  Allen was a team captain who is rangy and good in coverage.

In this mock I feel I covered a lot of our needs while also adding much needed depth.  Feel free to leave feedback thank you !

Kelvin Harmon is the no1 WR in this class IMO. He will probably go before our 1st round pick tbh. I like a lot of these choices though. Had Wilkins in the 1st round in my mock a few days ago. Solid draft if we get it.

8 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Very nice mock!

How do you feel about Jerry Tillery as a 3-tech if he's around and Wilkins is not?

His speed, ability to disrupt, and interior-pass rushing skills would be a perfect fit for this scheme.  He has tremendous size and length, as well.  Ballard really likes length. 

I like Tillery maybe take him with one of our seconds

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Kelvin Harmon is the no1 WR in this class IMO. He will probably go before our 1st round pick tbh. I like a lot of these choices though. Had Wilkins in the 1st round in my mock a few days ago. Solid draft if we get it.

9 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Harmon won’t be there

I think Harmon is the best too and wouldn't be opposed to taking him with our first.  However there could be a run on the defensive side and there are other good WR prospects.  Metcalf, both of the Browns, Harry, and Butler are all guys that could slip ahead of him.  Also remember that the pick is 34th overall.

• Like 1

Would like this draft a lot. Dakota Allen would be a great pickup....I do think the Colts need more coverage lbs with the prevalence of so many dink and dunk attacks from the likes of Brady, Mahomes, etc.

Harmon? Yes, in a heartbeat.

For late round WR, think Cody Thompson of Toledo. The Colts need more sure-handed WRs. 

4 hours ago, coltsnation said:

Isn't Alex Bars Big Qs best friend?  Idk how good he is but Bryce Love could be a steal day 3 just not a big need and major injury concerns. 

I’m not sure if bars is his best friend or not all I know is he started as guard opposite of Nelson so I figure he could be a good back or even a Glowinski replacement if we lose him.