Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I believe in Reich but his KC gameplan was terrible

colt18

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

We can all point fingers at this and that but the reality is the Chiefs have a lot better team than we have. They have very skilled veteran players and one of the best QBs in the league. There was a reason they were the #1 seed.

Most all of out players had never been in a game of this magnitude and it showed.

Reid has 19 years under his belt going up against a rookie head coach. I love Frank but lets be realistic here. The Chiefs kicked out butt.

I don't think anyone can disagree with that.  The Colts can play bad, but if the Chiefs are also playing bad, we're in the game.  However, the Chiefs capitalized on our mistakes.  Credit to them.  

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

A critical drop would be your driving  the end of the game and your in the red zone to take the lead. A drop on the third play of the game is not a critical drop. With Doyle going  down early this year we would not even have been in the playoffs without Ebron.

That was a critical drop. Doesnt matter how early or late in the game it happened. I haven't seen anyone who's said it wasn't critical. That led to a 3 and out against the best offense in the NFL. We knew we had to match them score for score and not fall behind. 

• Like 1

Wish there would've been more no huddle, and more run game from the Colts. But whatever, hats off to the Chiefs. Just beat the pats now!

I also think if Hooker was back there, 2 of Mahomes throws would've been INT's. 

Regardless, see you next year in the playoffs when we have Doyle back and a legit #2 WR. 

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need more playmakers. That is why the chiefs won. Not because Ebron dropped a pass on the third play of the game.

Yeah no one said the loss was exclusively on Ebron.... His drop was a component to everything else that went wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Wish there would've been more no huddle, and more run game from the Colts. But whatever, hats off to the Chiefs. Just beat the pats now!

I also think if Hooker was back there, 2 of Mahomes throws would've been INT's. 

Regardless, see you next year in the playoffs when we have Doyle back and a legit #2 WR. 

That pretty much sums it up.

Hopefully we can use this as a stepping stone. We have to have better players at key positions.

Our rookies and 2nd year players will get better and I have faith in Ballard finding the players needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Frank Reich & Matt Eberflus proved most of the arm chair QB 's& GM 's  wrong at the before the season started no one on these boards expected to reach the playoffs 8-8 were the average some kool aid drinkers might of thought even better but the truth is the COLTS far exceeded expectations this team was great after a 1-5 start to beat the AFC South Champ Texans at home was a big deal .

Andy Reid did a masterful job he had no respect for our defense and he took full advantage in the first half IMO Eberflus made some half time adjustments that worked however the Colts offense were the issue & the KC defense was hitting on all cylinders Ty was a ghost & Doyle was greatly missed but the truth is a first time HC was against a team that was better prepared on both sides of the ball there is no blame for this loss the team had a awesome year inspite of the early bad start they have shown they can & will compete & the draft will add new weapons no one in there right mind can deny this team is on the way up .

KC did a great job there experienced staff put there team in a position to win but that position was not achieved in 1 season . I look forward to season 2 of a Frank Reich Colts team he will learn from this year & next year will be even better that is a game plan that I see going forward .

If your bashing Frank Riech then your just a troll this was a turnaround season we have a offensive line we can count on for the first time in many seasons & a Running game that was non existent & a defense on the rise all in all it was a great season .:thmup::colts::hat:

• Like 3

The game plan was terrible, and I no longer believe in Reich. Losing to Andy Reid in the playoffs in unacceptable. Even had a lucky fake punt to keep Colts in the game. Abandoned the run comically early, which played to the only strength on the KC defense, their pass rush. No innovation on play calling whatsoever. Should have went for it on the Ebron catch short of the sticks. 

53 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You are.  he catches that pass and yes the drive is extended but to claim that would change everything or even the bolded above is embellishing.

Well we'll never have a chance to know you know why?!?

cause he dropped it lol

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Frank Reich & Matt Eberflus proved most of the arm chair QB 's& GM 's  wrong at the before the season started no one on these boards expected to reach the playoffs 8-8 were the average some kool aid drinkers might of thought even better but the truth is the COLTS far exceeded expectations this team was great after a 1-5 start to beat the AFC South Champ Texans at home was a big deal .

Andy Reid did a masterful job he had no respect for our defense and he took full advantage in the first half IMO Eberflus made some half time adjustments that worked however the Colts offense were the issue & the KC defense was hitting on all cylinders Ty was a ghost & Doyle was greatly missed but the truth is a first time HC was against a team that was better prepared on both sides of the ball there is no blame for this loss the team had a awesome year inspite of the early bad start they have shown they can & will compete & the draft will add new weapons no one in there right mind can deny this team is on the way up .

KC did a great job there experienced staff put there team in a position to win but that position was not achieved in 1 season . I look forward to season 2 of a Frank Reich Colts team he will learn from this year & next year will be even better that is a game plan that I see going forward .

If your bashing Frank Riech then your just a troll this was a turnaround season we have a offensive line we can count on for the first time in many seasons & a Running game that was non existent & a defense on the rise all in all it was a great season .:thmup::colts::hat:

:scoregood:

All of the talk about Ebron's drops this year are greatly exaggerated. According to NBC Sports Ebron had 6 drops for the season. That tied him for 7th in NFL. Granted we don't want any of our pass catchers in the top 10 in this category but the posts saying he has 25 drops are taking it a little too far.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

It looks like the team as a whole had 28 drops for the season. This was 3rd in the NFL. Again not a category we want our receivers in the top 10 in. 

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

All that being said, I am still happy with this season and excited about the future of Indianapolis Colts Football!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

All of the talk about Ebron's drops this year are greatly exaggerated. According to NBC Sports Ebron had 6 drops for the season. That tied him for 7th in NFL. Granted we don't want any of our pass catchers in the top 10 in this category but the posts saying he has 25 drops are taking it a little too far.

It looks like the team as a whole had 28 drops for the season. This was 3rd in the NFL. Again not a category we want our receivers in the top 10 in. 

All that being said, I am still happy with this season and excited about the future of Indianapolis Colts Football!

Those numbers were exaggerated, but there's no question that drops were an issue all season long. That's another reason the receiving corps needs an upgrade.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Regarding Ebron's drops, it was the nature of the drops that led to the exaggeration. Ebron's drops were the kind that hit him directly in both hands, when he was wide open, and he would drop it.

Then he would go on to make an insane, contested catch for a TD.

16 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

The game plan was trash luck was trash o-line and recievers were trash couldn't get separation let alone catch the ball in this game disgusting ugly garbage performance by the colts did nothing right in that game.

Feel sorry for this take bro. There is a lot of good life to enjoy. Live it to your fullest....and most of all, enjoy it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, colt18 said:

The first drive ended on a big drop by Ebron on third down.

It seemed like every drive after that ended because Luck's passes kept getting batted down.

WHY DIDN'T WE RUN THE BALL OR THROW SCREENS? WHERE WAS THE NO HUDDLE? If the pass rush keeps impacting the pass game, why wouldn't you slow them down with a screen play? Why didn't Hines get more plays? Why did we abandon the north/south run game and keep failing to go horizontal?

I realize this is Reich's first year but jfc. He's made terrific playcalls from the 6th game until now. The craziest thing is the defense made plays despite giving up 4th and short repeatedly. All we had to do was run the ball and stifle the pass rush. What a terrible effort from the entire offense.

The offense couldn't execute, & that had nothing to do with gameplan.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

The game plan was trash luck was trash o-line and recievers were trash couldn't get separation let alone catch the ball in this game disgusting ugly garbage performance by the colts did nothing right in that game.

Everything is trash and garbage from your point of view...

1495505255879.jpg

• Like 2