Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stupid T-Shirts

Roger

6 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

True. Very much like ESPN hype marketing. I never watch them anymore unless a game is on. ESPN is just awful now. Predictable formula based on inane entertainment and controversy . They used to be great . 

they were great in the 80s and 90s.  now its all social media type garbage 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they were great in the 80s and 90s.  now its all social media type garbage 

Totally agree. Sports is something that brings people together. ESPN and others, have politicized things, when you’re basically tuned into sports to get away from that stuff. There are a million channels on if you want to delve into that scene. I personally like highlights , good analysis , and the games themselves. Tbere are hardly any Bob Ley’s on anymore, and too many Skip Bayless types. It’s unwatchable. 

• Like 1

The 1-0 motto started way before the Playoffs and it just means take things 1 game at a time. I loved it actually. I see nothing wrong with hanging a banner for making the AFC Title Game either, making that game is just celebrating a very good season/borderline great season when you go that far. If people want to get butt hurt over stuff like that, that is their problem.

• Like 2

Not trying to be a wise guy, but a shirt like this in Baltimore that didn’t make sense anymore, would end up in the local Marshall’s or TJ Maxx. Does that happen in Indy, for the 1-0 shirts for example, or is there a $8.99 sale at the Colts pro shop when they were regularly $25.99 ? 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 1-0 motto started way before the Playoffs and it just means take things 1 game at a time. I loved it actually. I see nothing wrong with hanging a banner for making the AFC Title Game either, making that game is just celebrating a very good season/borderline great season when you go that far. If people want to get butt hurt over stuff like that, that is their problem.

Same.  It means to focus on the game at hand and come out 1 - 0

People mocking you when you lose badly......speaks more about them then us

• Like 3

Does no one know what the 1-0 meant?! IT WAS NOT OUR PLAYOFF RECORD AFTER THE WILD CARD GAME. It was the motto of the team and it meant “strive to win the game in front of you.” In other words, “go 1-0” each week. We used that motto when we had a LOSING RECORD. It has NOTHING to do with record.

The people mocking it are too stupid to fogure out what it’s about I guess...

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Does no one know what the 1-0 meant?! IT WAS NOT OUR PLAYOFF RECORD AFTER THE WILD CARD GAME. It was the motto of the team and it meant “strive to win the game in front of you.” In other words, “go 1-0” each week. We used that motto when we had a LOSING RECORD. It has NOTHING to do with record.

The people mocking it are too stupid to fogure out what it’s about I guess...

They don't, apparently some didn't do any research on it. We have had that motto since October and some people act like we started this after beating Houston in the Playoffs. Once again the media being clueless. They are mocking something that really makes no sense to mock. It makes them look dumb in reality.

• Like 4

On 1/13/2019 at 5:14 PM, Shadow_Creek said:

lol can't wait to troll the pats after BB and Brady retire hehe well get the last laugh

Will we, though?

We still haven't beaten them in the Luck era. Meanwhile KC is in prime position to knock off the dynasty at home. 

That should be US. Not them. 

On 1/13/2019 at 9:39 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the 1-0 shirts are cool and have a shelf life beyond just this season.  That is the goal every week for as long as the Colts play football.  It’s one of the mantra’s of the Reich era and I will display my 1-0 poster (won from Colts.com by the way) proudly.  Heck...I will probably get me a shirt! 

Im not too big of a fan of the AFC Championship Game runner up banners though.  I think only divisional championships, AFC Championships and Super Bowls deserve banners.  Why commemorate a loss?   But that’s me. 

17 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I think the 1-0 shirts are cool and have a shelf life beyond just this season.  That is the goal every week for as long as the Colts play football.  It’s one of the mantra’s of the Reich era and I will display my 1-0 poster (won from Colts.com by the way) proudly.  Heck...I will probably get me a shirt! 

Im not too big of a fan of the AFC Championship Game runner up banners though.  I think only divisional championships, AFC Championships and Super Bowls deserve banners.  Why commemorate a loss?   But that’s me. 

A lot of people feel like you do about the Final 4 banner. To me though I think making the Final 4 is much better than winning your Division is why I have no problem with that type of banner. Would you rather be the 6th Seed and make the Final 4 or win your Division but lose in the Divisional Round? So why would anyone be happy with hanging a Division Title banner if that happened but not be ok with hanging a banner that signifies you were 1 of 4 teams left in the league? Unless you are the Pats. making it to the Championship Game is very difficult. KC hasn't made it this far since 1969, the Texans have never made it that far.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of people feel like you do about the Final 4 banner. To me though I think making the Final 4 is much better than winning your Division is why I have no problem with that type of banner. Would you rather be the 6th Seed and make the Final 4 or win your Division but lose in the Divisional Round? So why would anyone be happy with hanging a Division Title banner if that happened but not be ok with hanging a banner that signifies you were 1 of 4 teams left in the league? Unless you are the Pats. making it to the Championship is very difficult. KC hasn't made this far since 1969, the Texans have never made it that far.

Winning your division is a Championship so I can see hanging a banner for that if a team wishes to do so.  It is a Divisional Championship...a full season accomplishment.  

Just making the Final Four in NCAA basketball is prestigious.  I’m a Duke alum so it’s a little more matter of fact when we do it but for some schools it is the greatest thing their program will ever hope to achieve.  Lol.  Also it’s much tougher to do because the field consists of 64+ teams.  To make the Final Four in NCAA Basketball you must become one of four Regional Champions by winning your regional bracket. You have to win as many games as it takes a NFL Wild Card team to win the Super Bowl.  Thus a banner is earned and well deserved.  

Making the Conference Championship Game in the AFC and NFC is not on the same level as that.  If you lose you are just a runner up. It’s like giving out participation trophies in little league.  

12 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Winning your division is a Championship so I can see hanging a banner for that if a team wishes to do so.  It is a Divisional Championship...a full season accomplishment.  

Just making the Final Four in NCAA basketball is prestigious.  I’m a Duke alum so it’s a little more matter of fact when we do it but for some schools it is the greatest thing their program will ever hope to achieve.  Lol.  Also it’s much tougher to do because the field consists of 64+ teams.  To make the Final Four in NCAA Basketball you must become one of four Regional Champions by winning your regional bracket. You have to win as many games as it takes a NFL Wild Card team to win the Super Bowl.  Thus a banner is earned and well deserved.  

Making the Conference Championship Game in the AFC and NFC is not on the same level as that.  If you lose you are just a runner up. It’s like giving out participation trophies in little league.  

Fair enough, like I said a lot of people agree with you. I just hold the Playoffs as a higher standard than I do the Regular Season and making the AFC Title Game is very difficult.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 10:31 PM, The Old Crow said:

Not trying to be a wise guy, but a shirt like this in Baltimore that didn’t make sense anymore, would end up in the local Marshall’s or TJ Maxx. Does that happen in Indy, for the 1-0 shirts for example, or is there a $8.99 sale at the Colts pro shop when they were regularly $25.99 ? 

Why wouldn’t it make sense any more? All it means is take one week at a time.  It will carry over for as long as Frank Reich is head coach because it is one of his mantras.  It was the approach that led to the Colts winning 10 of 11 games to make the playoffs and it will continue to be a rallying point for the team going forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Why wouldn’t it make sense any more? All it means is take one week at a time.  It will carry over for as long as Frank Reich is head coach because it is one of his mantras.  It was the approach that led to the Colts winning 10 of 11 games to make the playoffs and it will continue to be a rallying point for the team going forward. 

This^. Some people do not seem to know the meaning of it.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Wouldnt just the word , “ one , in the middle of a horseshoe make more sense ?

On the final four banner, there was a regional Championship won. So, it kind of makes sense winning a region, like winning an NFL division, or the Big Ten, as examples. Runner Ups in Championship game banners are something you see in youth sports like soccer, where they celebrate being a tournament finalist. 

I don’t really care if the Colts do it, but it just seems a little cheesy. I wouldn’t be happy if the Ravens did it. 

46 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Wouldnt just the word , “ one , in the middle of a horseshoe make more sense ?

On the final four banner, there was a regional Championship won. So, it kind of makes sense winning a region, like winning an NFL division, or the Big Ten, as examples. Runner Ups in Championship game banners are something you see in youth sports like soccer, where they celebrate being a tournament finalist. 

I don’t really care if the Colts do it, but it just seems a little cheesy. I wouldn’t be happy if the Ravens did it. 

I don’t like the runner up banners either as my other posts in this thread have articulated.  

However, I see nothing wrong with the 1-0 t-shirts.  Reich is constantly emphasising to the team to focus on what’s right in front of them...take it one game at a time and get the win for that week.  So the shirts play off of that.  It’s been a Colts thing all season...if you followed them closely then it’s pretty clear what it means.  Fans of other teams are trying to equate it to the runner up banners and it is completely unrelated. I see no expiration date on the 1-0 theme unless we suddenly get rid of Reich...which is highly unlikely.  He is doing a great job thus far. 

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I don’t like the runner up banners either as my other posts in this thread have articulated.  

However, I see nothing wrong with the 1-0 t-shirts.  Reich is constantly emphasising to the team to focus on what’s right in front of them...take it one game at a time and get the win for that week.  So the shirts play off of that.  It’s been a Colts thing all season...if you followed them closely then it’s pretty clear what it means.  Fans of other teams are trying to equate it to the runner up banners and it is completely unrelated. I see no expiration date on the 1-0 theme unless we suddenly get rid of Reich...which is highly unlikely.  He is doing a great job thus far. 

We are just talking marketing here, but it just doesn’t make sense to me . As I stated, maybe something just about the number 1, rather than 1-0, is much more clear. I understand the original intent, but when you get to the playoffs, you can see how opposing fans could take it the wrong way. 

I guess the other thing is the one game at a time deal is pretty much a Cliche. Just kind of corny like # strong, or United we Stand with the horseshoe. Incidently, the Ravens actually did that cliche first with a Unitas We Stand Program, and the Colts followed suit with United We Stand with the horseshoe. But don’t worry , the Ravens have a lot of hokey marketing also. 

2 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

We are just talking marketing here, but it just doesn’t make sense to me . As I stated, maybe something just about the number 1, rather than 1-0, is much more clear. I understand the original intent, but when you get to the playoffs, you can see how opposing fans could take it the wrong way. 

I guess the other thing is the one game at a time deal is pretty much a Cliche. Just kind of corny like # strong, or United we Stand with the horseshoe. Incidently, the Ravens actually did that cliche first with a Unitas We Stand Program, and the Colts followed suit with United We Stand with the horseshoe. But don’t worry , the Ravens have a lot of hokey marketing also. 

Hokey is in the eye of the beholder I guess.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I respect yours. I personally don’t see anything wrong with “1-0” or “United We Stand” since it was a play off of a “Unitas, We Stand” sign held up by a Baltimore Colts fan at Johnny Unitas’ last game as a Colt.  I’m a Colts fan that loved them back when they were Baltimore so that is as much the Colts franchise’s history  as it is the city of Baltimore’s to me. As long as they are still wearing that horse shoe on the helmet it’s all good to me.  Market away on it. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 2:31 PM, The Old Crow said:

If so, please PM me. I'll buy one!

8 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Hokey is in the eye of the beholder I guess.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I respect yours. I personally don’t see anything wrong with “1-0” or “United We Stand” since it was a play off of a “Unitas, We Stand” sign held up by a Baltimore Colts fan at Johnny Unitas’ last game as a Colt.  I’m a Colts fan that loved them back when they were Baltimore so that is as much the Colts franchise’s history  as it is the city of Baltimore’s to me. As long as they are still wearing that horse shoe on the helmet it’s all good to me.  Market away on it. 

I think that Unitas we Stand started as far back as 1972, when Bob Irsay ordered Joe Thomas to bench Johnny Unitas for Marty Domres. An enterprising fan with an airplane flew a banner , Unitas We Stand, over old Memorial Stadium , during a game. Now that’s marketing !

• Thanks 1

“We all know “1-0” is not original, and with no context provided, it might even seem a bit ordinary. But ask any team who has ever had their backs to the wall if “1-0” is ordinary. For that matter, ask any person facing difficulties (financial, health, personal), fighting hard just to make it through the next day or the next week…ask them if this kind of mindset is ordinary? The answer, of course, is no. On the contrary, taking a “getting better every day/1-0” mindset is the best approach to overcoming seemingly impossible circumstances.”

—Frank Reich 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 7:13 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

“We all know “1-0” is not original, and with no context provided, it might even seem a bit ordinary. But ask any team who has ever had their backs to the wall if “1-0” is ordinary. For that matter, ask any person facing difficulties (financial, health, personal), fighting hard just to make it through the next day or the next week…ask them if this kind of mindset is ordinary? The answer, of course, is no. On the contrary, taking a “getting better every day/1-0” mindset is the best approach to overcoming seemingly impossible circumstances.”

—Frank Reich 

Frank is a hokey old Terrapin, but he’s a great guy !