Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roger

Stupid T-Shirts

Recommended Posts

It's an ill advised marketing/PR strategy.  Like the runner-up banner.  It ended up having a short shelf life and making the organization look foolish. I read it on Yahoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much we can do. Can't really talk trash back. Chiefs destroyed us and the *s are in their 1,000th AFC Championship game. Twitter sucks anyway. Full of garbage and jerks who love to band together and kick us when we're down. 

 

It's part of being a fan. Especially a Colts fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Roger said:

It's an ill advised marketing/PR strategy.  Like the runner-up banner.  It ended up having a short shelf life and making the organization look foolish. I read it on Yahoo.

Just good natured ribbing. Don't be so sensitive. Besides, we always have this:

IMG_0925.JPG.c30bfa20d17832ddc7db37671208a6b7.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Roger said:

It's an ill advised marketing/PR strategy.  Like the runner-up banner.  It ended up having a short shelf life and making the organization look foolish. I read it on Yahoo.

 

You guys have great uniforms and tradition. The runner up banners and 1-0 shirts are a bit juvenile , along with The Shoe, and Build the Monster mantras. 

You have a SB, 2 AFC Championships, and a ton of division titles worthy of banners. Runner Up banners are silly, and I don’t get the 1-0 at all. Just play them game by game, survive and advance. Not a big deal, but in

my opinion, some silly and forced marketing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

who cares?  You surprised NE jumped all over Indy's jock about this?

NE and all of their fans are a bunch of classless ************.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From here on I'm wearing my 3-4 shirt (ie. Tom Brady's road playoff record).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Just good natured ribbing. Don't be so sensitive. Besides, we always have this:

IMG_0925.JPG.c30bfa20d17832ddc7db37671208a6b7.JPG

Looks like Fabio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

 

You guys have great uniforms and tradition. The runner up banners and 1-0 shirts are a bit juvenile , along with The Shoe, and Build the Monster mantras. 

You have a SB, 2 AFC Championships, and a ton of division titles worthy of banners. Runner Up banners are silly, and I don’t get the 1-0 at all. Just play them game by game, survive and advance. Not a big deal, but in

my opinion, some silly and forced marketing. 

You have a flying rat for a mascot.  

Ravens (crows) are the janitors of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

You have a flying rat for a mascot.  

Ravens (crows) are the janitors of the world.

Ravens are actually pretty cool creatures.  Highly intelligent, and very entertaining to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roger said:

Ravens are actually pretty cool creatures.  Highly intelligent, and very entertaining to watch.

Ok..... smart, flamboyant  janitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Roger said:

Looks like Fabio.

Tommy's got mam-boobs like Blake Shelton.

Maybe Uggs should design a man bra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

You have a flying rat for a mascot.  

Ravens (crows) are the janitors of the world.

 

Well, there weren’t too many logos and colors left after the horseshoes moved on. We had to take what we could that made sense in Baltimore. I think it was more Edgar Allen Poe, than a scavenger bird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Ok..... smart, flamboyant  janitors.

 

Well, our first logo was embarrassing. A flying Maryland shield. It’s always fun to pick the Steel City clean as a janitor !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Ok..... smart, flamboyant  janitors.

 

Honestly, if the Ravens did this, I would say the same thing. We’ve had our share of silly cliche’s like , “ Its time to hunt.” The Orioles are kings of ham handed marketing. So don’t think I’m just picking on the Colts. More a comment on marketing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we looked like "litter" strewn about Arrowhead Stadium yesterday.  What a bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

Well we looked like "litter" strewn about Arrowhead Stadium yesterday.  What a bummer.

 

Our offense looked like the bottom of a garbage disposal after what the Chargers did to us. We needed a janitor to sweep up the pieces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

 

Our offense looked like the bottom of a garbage disposal after what the Chargers did to us. We needed a janitor to sweep up the pieces. 

It's both the great thing and the bummer about the NFL.  It only takes one bad day to end your good season.  No other league like it really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1-0 mentality started way before the playoffs for the Colts. The other teams just trying to look special. It is a great mentality to have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

It's both the great thing and the bummer about the NFL.  It only takes one bad day to end your good season.

 

I honestly thought you guys had a better chance than us , with an experienced Luck at QB. Lamar had a nice run, but the fact that he was a rookie concerned me . Had LA not gotten us, I’m sure Belichick would have had a few surprises. That being said, good seasons for both teams. Irsay made good picks with Ballard and Reich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Stay classy NE and KC......

There's a special rung of Hell reserved for people that waste good scotch or love or play for the Patriots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, indyagent17 said:

There's a special rung of Hell reserved for people that waste good scotch or love or play for the Patriots

 

Can you imagine the Patriots Cheating Hall of Fame ? They actually do have a snowplow in there when they cleared snow out for their placekicker. 

You would also have a deflated football showcase, and the illegal formations room. Also included would be an NSA like listening, signals, and tapping display showcasing their abilities to steal signals from the Rams. 

They have a nice film playing in the Kraft Theatre called , “ Tuck Everlasting, “ where the poor Raiders had to live with this poor Tuck call for eternity ! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

There's a special rung of Hell reserved for people that waste good scotch or love or play for the Patriots

Lol you got that right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

 

Can you imagine the Patriots Cheating Hall of Fame ? They actually do have a snowplow in there when they cleared snow out for their placekicker. 

You would also have a deflated football showcase, and the illegal formations room. Also included would be an NSA like listening, signals, and tapping display showcasing their abilities to steal signals from the Rams. 

They have a nice film playing in the Kraft Theatre called , “ Tuck Everlasting, “ where the poor Raiders had to live with this poor Tuck call for eternity ! 

 

There'll be a pic of Miss Brady with his uggs on that's for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

 

You guys have great uniforms and tradition. The runner up banners and 1-0 shirts are a bit juvenile , along with The Shoe, and Build the Monster mantras. 

You have a SB, 2 AFC Championships, and a ton of division titles worthy of banners. Runner Up banners are silly, and I don’t get the 1-0 at all. Just play them game by game, survive and advance. Not a big deal, but in

my opinion, some silly and forced marketing. 

A bit juvenile?  The ravens have a WWE style pyrotechnic show just to introduce players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BOTT said:

A bit juvenile?  The ravens have a WWE style pyrotechnic show just to introduce players.

 

Good point. I think that’s juvenile also. Just a bunch of hype. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

 

Honestly, if the Ravens did this, I would say the same thing. We’ve had our share of silly cliche’s like , “ Its time to hunt.” The Orioles are kings of ham handed marketing. So don’t think I’m just picking on the Colts. More a comment on marketing. 

I know.  I say the same things when watching commercials.

it the asnt Colts marketing, it was Stampede Blue.

 

kinda like the Goodell clown shirt was BarStool sports, who i'm told also had a part in the Russia collusion thing.  BarStool are over-the-top "shock-jock" tools that survive off causing and spewing hate and negativity.  (The Bostn area credo). Even crazy PattyMac knew they were "extreme".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BOTT said:

Just good natured ribbing. Don't be so sensitive. Besides, we always have this:

IMG_0925.JPG.c30bfa20d17832ddc7db37671208a6b7.JPG

Or this dangit double post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I know.  I say the same things when watching commercials.

it the asnt Colts marketing, it was Stampede Blue.

 

kinda like the Goodell clown shirt was BarStool sports, who i'm told also had a part in the Russia collusion thing.  BarStool are over-the-top "shock-jock" tools that survive off causing and spewing hate and negativity.  (The Bostn area credo). Even crazy PattyMac knew they were "extreme".

 

True. Very much like ESPN hype marketing. I never watch them anymore unless a game is on. ESPN is just awful now. Predictable formula based on inane entertainment and controversy . They used to be great . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1-0 shirts were a montra for the season, not a statement about the playoff record. Albeit a  bit juvenille, it's what marketing departments do.

 

*s on the interwebs blow things out of preportion just because they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • We just invested a high pick in Ya-Sin and money in Desir.  I don't see any point in the near future where Ballard would spend a first round pick for any CB.  Especially one that then has to be signed to a huge contract.
    • Did Deion Jones play much in 2nd half of the SB?   He's very good.
    • Bruce Anderson out with David Williams in. Seems the club is churning out weekly rb's since pre season to find the right fit.   Anderson was 5'11 209 lbs while Williams brings much more size at 6'1 229 lbs.  Drafted by Denver in 2018 ended up in Jville where he got 36 rush yards on 8 carries over 6 games. Good short yardage SEC back with South Carolina for 3 years before transfering and having his best season for Arkansas as a senior ( 5.6 yard per carry and 8 tds).   With Jonthan Williams still not seeing the field wonder if he will be promoted in a week or 2 if coaches like what they see from him.
    • I feel that a heavily run-oriented offense was always the plan for these early season games.  The OL worked out so well last year, we think we can be that kind of line that just enforces its will and is dominating by the 4th quarter.  It also serves the purpose of letting Brissett get his legs under him and build some confidence.  I think that as the weeks go on he’ll throw more (and farther downfield) and we’ll be the kind of offense that can take whatever the defense gives us...
    • I buy into some of that, but that is not all.   There are many players on teams that have done worse but it is overlooked because of their talent.  Apparently there are no coaches or GM's who this Kelly has the talent to overcome a misdemeanor that already had the punishment served.    
  • Members

    • GoatBeard

      GoatBeard 453

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dew5150

      dew5150 139

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hoose

      Hoose 818

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • joeb

      joeb 36

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hammer

      Hammer 209

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 1,256

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fisticuffs111

      Fisticuffs111 1,755

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colts_Fan12

      Colts_Fan12 5,136

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Beizy317

      Beizy317 19

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Btown_Colt

      Btown_Colt 395

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...