Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roger

Stupid T-Shirts

It's an ill advised marketing/PR strategy.  Like the runner-up banner.  It ended up having a short shelf life and making the organization look foolish. I read it on Yahoo.

Not much we can do. Can't really talk trash back. Chiefs destroyed us and the *s are in their 1,000th AFC Championship game. Twitter sucks anyway. Full of garbage and jerks who love to band together and kick us when we're down. 

It's part of being a fan. Especially a Colts fan. 

39 minutes ago, Roger said:

It's an ill advised marketing/PR strategy.  Like the runner-up banner.  It ended up having a short shelf life and making the organization look foolish. I read it on Yahoo.

Just good natured ribbing. Don't be so sensitive. Besides, we always have this:

IMG_0925.JPG.c30bfa20d17832ddc7db37671208a6b7.JPG

39 minutes ago, Roger said:

You guys have great uniforms and tradition. The runner up banners and 1-0 shirts are a bit juvenile , along with The Shoe, and Build the Monster mantras. 

You have a SB, 2 AFC Championships, and a ton of division titles worthy of banners. Runner Up banners are silly, and I don’t get the 1-0 at all. Just play them game by game, survive and advance. Not a big deal, but in

my opinion, some silly and forced marketing. 

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

who cares?  You surprised NE jumped all over Indy's jock about this?

NE and all of their fans are a bunch of classless ************.

From here on I'm wearing my 3-4 shirt (ie. Tom Brady's road playoff record).

29 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Looks like Fabio.

30 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

You guys have great uniforms and tradition. The runner up banners and 1-0 shirts are a bit juvenile , along with The Shoe, and Build the Monster mantras. 

You have a SB, 2 AFC Championships, and a ton of division titles worthy of banners. Runner Up banners are silly, and I don’t get the 1-0 at all. Just play them game by game, survive and advance. Not a big deal, but in

You have a flying rat for a mascot.  

Ravens (crows) are the janitors of the world.

15 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Ravens are actually pretty cool creatures.  Highly intelligent, and very entertaining to watch.

1 minute ago, Roger said:

Ravens are actually pretty cool creatures.  Highly intelligent, and very entertaining to watch.

Ok..... smart, flamboyant  janitors.

24 minutes ago, Roger said:

Looks like Fabio.

Tommy's got mam-boobs like Blake Shelton.

Maybe Uggs should design a man bra.

21 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Well, there weren’t too many logos and colors left after the horseshoes moved on. We had to take what we could that made sense in Baltimore. I think it was more Edgar Allen Poe, than a scavenger bird. 

6 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Well, our first logo was embarrassing. A flying Maryland shield. It’s always fun to pick the Steel City clean as a janitor !

10 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Honestly, if the Ravens did this, I would say the same thing. We’ve had our share of silly cliche’s like , “ Its time to hunt.” The Orioles are kings of ham handed marketing. So don’t think I’m just picking on the Colts. More a comment on marketing. 

Well we looked like "litter" strewn about Arrowhead Stadium yesterday.  What a bummer.

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

Well we looked like "litter" strewn about Arrowhead Stadium yesterday.  What a bummer.

Our offense looked like the bottom of a garbage disposal after what the Chargers did to us. We needed a janitor to sweep up the pieces. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Our offense looked like the bottom of a garbage disposal after what the Chargers did to us. We needed a janitor to sweep up the pieces. 

It's both the great thing and the bummer about the NFL.  It only takes one bad day to end your good season.  No other league like it really.

The 1-0 mentality started way before the playoffs for the Colts. The other teams just trying to look special. It is a great mentality to have. 

1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

It's both the great thing and the bummer about the NFL.  It only takes one bad day to end your good season.

I honestly thought you guys had a better chance than us , with an experienced Luck at QB. Lamar had a nice run, but the fact that he was a rookie concerned me . Had LA not gotten us, I’m sure Belichick would have had a few surprises. That being said, good seasons for both teams. Irsay made good picks with Ballard and Reich. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Stay classy NE and KC......

There's a special rung of Hell reserved for people that waste good scotch or love or play for the Patriots

Just now, indyagent17 said:

There's a special rung of Hell reserved for people that waste good scotch or love or play for the Patriots

Can you imagine the Patriots Cheating Hall of Fame ? They actually do have a snowplow in there when they cleared snow out for their placekicker. 

You would also have a deflated football showcase, and the illegal formations room. Also included would be an NSA like listening, signals, and tapping display showcasing their abilities to steal signals from the Rams. 

They have a nice film playing in the Kraft Theatre called , “ Tuck Everlasting, “ where the poor Raiders had to live with this poor Tuck call for eternity ! 

14 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Lol you got that right. 

5 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Can you imagine the Patriots Cheating Hall of Fame ? They actually do have a snowplow in there when they cleared snow out for their placekicker. 

You would also have a deflated football showcase, and the illegal formations room. Also included would be an NSA like listening, signals, and tapping display showcasing their abilities to steal signals from the Rams. 

They have a nice film playing in the Kraft Theatre called , “ Tuck Everlasting, “ where the poor Raiders had to live with this poor Tuck call for eternity ! 

There'll be a pic of Miss Brady with his uggs on that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

A bit juvenile?  The ravens have a WWE style pyrotechnic show just to introduce players.

Just now, BOTT said:

A bit juvenile?  The ravens have a WWE style pyrotechnic show just to introduce players.

Good point. I think that’s juvenile also. Just a bunch of hype. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

Honestly, if the Ravens did this, I would say the same thing. We’ve had our share of silly cliche’s like , “ Its time to hunt.” The Orioles are kings of ham handed marketing. So don’t think I’m just picking on the Colts. More a comment on marketing. 

I know.  I say the same things when watching commercials.

it the asnt Colts marketing, it was Stampede Blue.

kinda like the Goodell clown shirt was BarStool sports, who i'm told also had a part in the Russia collusion thing.  BarStool are over-the-top "shock-jock" tools that survive off causing and spewing hate and negativity.  (The Bostn area credo). Even crazy PattyMac knew they were "extreme".

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

Or this dangit double post.

52 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I know.  I say the same things when watching commercials.

it the asnt Colts marketing, it was Stampede Blue.

kinda like the Goodell clown shirt was BarStool sports, who i'm told also had a part in the Russia collusion thing.  BarStool are over-the-top "shock-jock" tools that survive off causing and spewing hate and negativity.  (The Bostn area credo). Even crazy PattyMac knew they were "extreme".

True. Very much like ESPN hype marketing. I never watch them anymore unless a game is on. ESPN is just awful now. Predictable formula based on inane entertainment and controversy . They used to be great . 

The 1-0 shirts were a montra for the season, not a statement about the playoff record. Albeit a  bit juvenille, it's what marketing departments do.

*s on the interwebs blow things out of preportion just because they can.