Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Could have. . . problem was that he continued his non-investment after it became clear that some of those guys where not going to work out.     Say Braden Smith didn't work out for some reason.  By now Ballard is scouting day 1 and 2 OL in search of someone who will workout.   Hugh Thornton was drafted in 2013.  2 years later in 2015 it should be clear that Huge Thornton is not going to be a decent starter.  Lets add that to the fact that at this point Grigs still doesn't have a decent center or right tackle (Cherilus had also busted by this point.)  Only Castanzo who he inherited and Mewhort are actually working out to some extent.  So you are still missing starters in 3 spots.   Grigson drafts Good in the 7th round and brings in no one else new on the OL.     2013.  Grigson Drafts Bjorn Werner.  Travis Frederick is still on the board.   2014 Grigson had traded for Trent Richardson - Joel Bitonio is still on the board 2014  Grigson drafts Donte Moncrief in the 3rd round.  Trai Turner is still on the board 2015  Grigson drafts Phillip Doresett in the first.  Donovan Smith and Ali Marpet are still on the board.   Some of those might have been considered reaches at the time, especially Marpet.     That was just a cursory search.  Point was, he didn't make it a priority.   Let me be clear I'm not saying he IGNORED the OL (as in never ever tried).  But he didn't make it a priority (as in fix this first than the rest.)   And when you have found yourself a franchise QB, keeping your franchise QB alive by giving him a functional line should be a priority.     
    • i do think we will have to take a risk to improve, i dont think we can win the division with jacoby so the risk is worth it
    • I see no Aaron Donald comparisons with Kinlaw at all. Geno Atkins is a better comparison. 
    • Montori Hughes lol jk
    • It’s hard to know anything about any quarterback because we don’t know at this point just how committed CB is to Jacoby...   We also don’t know which college QB Ballard favors?   Maybe he prefers Love over Herbert?  Who knows?   But it doesn’t seem unreasonable to think CB would be willing to draft JH at pick 13.  
  • Members

• aaron11

aaron11 2,551

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 1,186

• RollerColt

RollerColt 1,665

• DaColts85

DaColts85 1,240

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 9,517

• CR91