Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Concerning Super Bowl

LJpalmbeacher2

On 1/18/2019 at 11:38 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

What if your theory on storylines is true?

A Pats/Rams SB would be a fitting end to Bradys' career.

Brady started his career with a SB win against the Rams - aka "the greatest show on turf".  What if he capped his career with a SB win against a Rams team with McVay the prodigy HC and arguably the most talented team in the NFL?

Shoulda kept my big stupid mouth shut...  :facepalm:

18 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Shoulda kept my big stupid mouth shut...  :facepalm:

Haha...I mean seriously. I hate him with all my heart, but I could totally see this story book angle. As if he hasn't won enough at the game of life??... Lol

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:39 PM, King Colt said:

Refusing to watch the most successful NFL franchise in history is the world's largest crying towel. I'll pull for Reid's team but in view of the playoff games so far thinking this game will be close is not a lock. Could be the last team to possess the ball will win it or it could be the Chiefs go home again with empty pockets. 

I guess I called it again.

I'll be watching the Superbowl. I have to get my football fix, no matter what. I don't care about the pregame ceremonies, just the game.

I don't like the Patriots, but I can't feel too upset about Kansas City, considering what they did to the Colts last week. (Or the Colts did to themselves.) If that's kind of petty or childish, so be it.  I would like the Rams to beat NE, though. 

• Like 1

Just now, GoPats said:

Here's a link where you can find movie times in the Indy region on 2/3/19: 

https://www.fandango.com/indianapolis_+in_movietimes?date=2019-02-03

:thmup:

(Seriously, you guys are bitter, lol...) 

I'm not bitter.  I just have no interest in watching another Super Bowl featuring the Pats.  

I just may go to a movie, or schedule band rehearsal, maybe I'll clean toilets,  :dunno:. Anything but watch the game.

Enjoy it while you can.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I am just having fun with it, Patriots winning at this point doesn't bother me like it used too. I am just tired of them being in it every year like most people are. Something new would be nice :thmup:

17 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I know you're just having some fun, and I have a pretty good sense of humor...

But man... this post really rubs me the wrong way.

It hasn't even been 24 hours since the Pats got into another SB, and a Pats fan is in our forum trolling us...  C'mon man.  :nono:

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I know you're just having some fun, and I have a pretty good sense of humor...

But man... this post really rubs me the wrong way.

It hasn't even been 24 hours since the Pats got into another SB, and a Pats fan is in our forum trolling us...  C'mon man.  :nono:

I'm sorry man, no disrespect intended. I'm just having fun. I've been reading various threads here for an hour or so and let the hatred of others get to me a bit!

I don't know, I can't imagine NOT watching the Super Bowl, regardless of who's in it. To each their own, I guess. 

• Like 1

Just now, GoPats said:

I'm sorry man, no disrespect intended. I'm just having fun.

I know.  It just felt like I got kicked while I was already down.  :(

I'm not happy the Pats are going to yet another SB, but goldang, I have a ton of respect for what the Pats did to the Chiefs in Arrowhead last night.  Belichick can beat anyone anywhere anyway.  It's not fair!  :hissy:

I've got my hater-pants on, and I didn't put them on one leg at a time.  I jumped into 'em both feet first before going to bed last night.  haha

2 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I'm sorry man, no disrespect intended. I'm just having fun. I've been reading various threads here for an hour or so and let the hatred of others get to me a bit!

I don't know, I can't imagine NOT watching the Super Bowl, regardless of who's in it. To each their own, I guess. 

It is to each their own.

I remember Peyton's final year as a Bronco, beating the Pats, and advancing to the Super Bowl.  Several Pats fans noted they would NOT be tuning into the game that year.

It is what it is.  You can't expect other teams fans to be as excited, or even interested as you are.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I'm not bitter.  I just have no interest in watching another Super Bowl featuring the Pats.  

I just may go to a movie, or schedule band rehearsal, maybe I'll clean toilets,  :dunno:. Anything but watch the game.

Enjoy it while you can.

Same. I don't have any interest in watching that game at all. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Gramz said:

It is to each their own.

I remember Peyton's final year as a Bronco, beating the Pats, and advancing to the Super Bowl.  Several Pats fans noted they would NOT be tuning into the game that year.

It is what it is.  You can't expect other teams fans to be as excited, or even interested as you are.

I visited the Pats website quite a bit when Denver made the SB and they were salty when Peyton won his 2nd SB. Their times of saying Peyton is a choker went out the window. Once you win that 2nd ring nobody can claim any player as a choker. Peyton winning with 2 different teams was what really bothered them because he did something Tom will never do. They were so hoping Brock Osweiler would play lmao but didn't happen. That 2nd ring was huge. I realize Tom is about to get #6 but Peyton won with 2 different teams which cements him as a Top 3 QB ever and he has still has 5 MVPs to Tommy's 3. 

52 minutes ago, GoPats said:

:facepalm:   Why does it matter to you? Shouldn't you be enjoying this win and another trip yo the SB? Or do you take more pleasure in reading that other fanbases are bitter?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Just tired of watching the same mundane title game every year.

The only fans watching this vomit are from the North East.

SB ratings skid in 3...2...1...

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I visited the Pats website quite a bit when Denver made the SB and they were salty when Peyton won his 2nd SB. Their times of saying Peyton is a choker went out the window. Once you win that 2nd ring nobody can claim any player as a choker. Peyton winning with 2 different teams was what really bothered them because he did something Tom will never do. They were so hoping Brock Osweiler would play lmao but didn't happen. That 2nd ring was huge. I realize Tom is about to get #6 but Peyton won with 2 different teams which cements him as a Top 3 QB ever and he has still has 5 MVPs to Tommy's 3. 

:scratch:. I have never understood why anyone goes to another teams board to celebrate their defeat. :dunno:

If you're a regular member there and regularly engage in friendly Bantor that's one thing, but to go simply to see how much they're in misery, I've never got.

Btw..the only other  board I've been a part of was the Broncos during the 4 Peyton years.  When I  was referring to Pats fans earlier, it was Pats fans on our board saying they were skipping Peyton's SB.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I know.  It just felt like I got kicked while I was already down.  :(

I'm not happy the Pats are going to yet another SB, but goldang, I have a ton of respect for what the Pats did to the Chiefs in Arrowhead last night.  Belichick can beat anyone anywhere anyway.  It's not fair!  :hissy:

I've got my hater-pants on, and I didn't put them on one leg at a time.  I jumped into 'em both feet first before going to bed last night.  haha

It was admittedly a bit of a jab but not really at you, LCF.

52 minutes ago, Gramz said:

It is to each their own.

I watched the sport as a kid, teenager, and young adult when the Patriots were terrible. To me, the game itself is the fun part. When your team does well that makes it better for sure. But yes, if I'm being honest, I don't get how someone would follow an NFL season, over the course of months and months, just to tune out at the end because they don't like one of the teams that's in it. 

All these people claiming they won't watch will have plenty to say on February 4th if the Patriots lose, I can almost guarantee you that! 

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think any "real" fans were saying that about Manning after the 2006 AFCCG. To me, he shed that label in the comeback win that year. Whether it was the Patriots or the Colts playing Chicago, the real Super Bowl that year was the AFC title game, IMO. 

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

:facepalm:   Why does it matter to you? Shouldn't you be enjoying this win and another trip yo the SB? Or do you take more pleasure in reading that other fanbases are bitter?

I don't post as much as I used to, but I've been hanging around this board (or previous versions of it) since 2004. Yes I was interested to see what the hot takes were going to be today. As a Vikings fan on a Colts board, this is an odd question for you to ask me.

27 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Just tired of watching the same mundane title game every year.

The only fans watching this vomit are from the North East.

SB ratings skid in 3...2...1...

You're probably going to miss a GREAT game. 

25 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Fair question.

If there's something you want to say to me you should say it... I'm a big boy, I can handle it Gramz. I consider us pals but I also found a way to be happy for you every time the Colts or Broncos beat the Patriots. 

35 minutes ago, GoPats said:

don't post as much as I used to, but I've been hanging around this board (or previous versions of it) since 2004. Yes I was interested to see what the hot takes were going to be today. As a Vikings fan on a Colts board, this is an odd question for you to ask me.

What is odd about it? Serious question.

3 hours ago, GoPats said:

Not bitter, just foresaw the trend and storylines. There has been a team to win at least 3 SBs every decade since 1970, patriots were the only ones to do it this decade. They had the storyline for brady and belichik already before the confetti even finished falling. Evidence of other games that fit scripts and rectified outcomes during the season (I.e. browns redskins game was terribly blatant).  Im over getting mad at games now that I see it. Mahomes will most likely be the next Brady for the AFC honestly (unless pats draft some 'all time great' again).

Brady retires this year or next if he doesn't win, but guaranteed one when he announces retirement, just like every other great has. People were calling patriots to win this year, not because they were good, but because it makes a nice story and fits the script.

Unless you research yourself, can you really mock?

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Not bitter, just foresaw the trend and storylines. There has been a team to win at least 3 SBs every decade since 1970, patriots were the only ones to do it this decade. They had the storyline for brady and belichik already before the confetti even finished falling. Evidence of other games that fit scripts and rectified outcomes during the season (I.e. browns redskins game was terribly blatant).  Im over getting mad at games now that I see it. Mahomes will most likely be the next Brady for the AFC honestly (unless pats draft some 'all time great' again).

Brady retires this year or next if he doesn't win, but guaranteed one when he announces retirement, just like every other great has. People were calling patriots to win this year, not because they were good, but because it makes a nice story and fits the script.

Unless you research yourself, can you really mock?

No disrespect here, but I'm not quite following you. 

I disagree with the notion that games are "fixed" because, with a football game, that's virtually impossible. 

I also don't see how you guys would think the NFL really WANTS the Patriots to keep winning. If they're "fixing" games for New England, they sure have a funny way of going about that. Unless you count taking draft picks away (and suspending Brady) as part of it... 

I may be completely misreading you here though. If I am, my apologies. 

39 minutes ago, GoPats said:

You're questioning why I'm here as a non-Colts fan. Pretty simple concept. 

Is that what I asked you? Lol.

Check out Yehoodi, another Pat's fan. He is great to have around. He never would have posted a link to movie times in Indy or anything to troll the fans of this board. 

It is great to have fans of other teams here. That's one of the reasons I joined. 

13 minutes ago, GoPats said:

No disrespect here, but I'm not quite following you. 

I disagree with the notion that games are "fixed" because, with a football game, that's virtually impossible. 

I also don't see how you guys would think the NFL really WANTS the Patriots to keep winning. If they're "fixing" games for New England, they sure have a funny way of going about that. Unless you count taking draft picks away (and suspending Brady) as part of it... 

I may be completely misreading you here though. If I am, my apologies. 

Impossible?

Do you not see the refs on the field? Did you not see the PI that wasn't called that allowed the Rams to win? Numerous other games with no calls or phantom calls like the roughing the passer that saved the patriots drive and game. Draft picks and four games is not enough to prevent the games from being scripted.

How about this

Or just this fun fact:

The NFL argued in court that it is not a competitive sport, rather sports entertainment. They won and are LEGALLY allowed to fix games for the best entertainment, that which gives them the best profits and ratings.

Only other "sports entertainment" is WWE and roller derby.

They are not obligated to ensure fair games, as made evident in the Chiefs Colts game. When Chris Collinsworth says that its bad when talking about the Colts, that says something lol. 

Kraft got Goodell the job and has kept him in power. Repayment is championships. It is also grand entertainment when Brady overcomes these 'setbacks' and still manages to win. Even players have hinted at it in the past. 

Refs have huge sway over the outcome of the game. And if the league understands it is about entertainment, then they will comply. When the league shares revenue as they do, then it is in the leagues best interest to ensure the storyline that will generate the most revenue, not the actual best teams. That's just one example of how the league is set up to benefit from entertainment and not competition.

Would a colts and cowboys game really generate as much ratings and revenue as the patriots and rams? Not saying they aren't the best teams, just giving example.

There's tons of shady things when you go looking. The most famous argument is SB III, without it, the league would not be what it is today.

I'm just saying look into it.

4 hours ago, GoPats said:

My question:

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Your response:

42 minutes ago, GoPats said:

You're questioning why I'm here as a non-Colts fan. Pretty simple concept. 

Nowhere in my reply did I question your being here because you are not a Colts fan. I am questioning why you are concerned that fans are "bitter". Enjoy your win and celebrate. But you looked up movie times in Indy to troll fans.  SMH

20 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Is that what I asked you? Lol.

Check out Yehoodi, another Pat's fan. He is great to have around. He never would have posted a link to movie times in Indy or anything to troll the fans of this board. 

It is great to have fans of other teams here. That's one of the reasons I joined. 

Nowhere in my reply did I question your being here because you are not a Colts fan. I am questioning why you are concerned that fans are "bitter". Enjoy your win and celebrate. But you looked up movie times in Indy to troll fans.  SMH

Combined two of your posts. 

This isn't some sort of 14-year-plan on my part to troll Colts fans. You and I had a pleasant exchange a few years ago if I recall correctly. I've been posting less than I used to (due to life in general mainly, but also because of sensitive topics like Deflategate and Josh McDaniels).

I'm not posting movie links as anything but a joke. A pretty mild one at that. There's more of a double standard here now than there used to be, I guess! 

20 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Impossible?

Do you not see the refs on the field? Did you not see the PI that wasn't called that allowed the Rams to win? Numerous other games with no calls or phantom calls like the roughing the passer that saved the patriots drive and game. Draft picks and four games is not enough to prevent the games from being scripted.

How about this

Or just this fun fact:

The NFL argued in court that it is not a competitive sport, rather sports entertainment. They won and are LEGALLY allowed to fix games for the best entertainment, that which gives them the best profits and ratings.

They are not obligated to ensure fair games, as made evident in the Chiefs Colts game. When Chris Collinsworth says that its bad when talking about the Colts, that says something lol. 

Kraft got Goodell the job and has kept him in power. Repayment is championships. It is also grand entertainment when Brady overcomes these 'setbacks' and still manages to win. Even players have hinted at it in the past. 

Refs have huge sway over the outcome of the game. And if the league understands it is about entertainment, then they will comply. When the league shares revenue as they do, then it is in the leagues best interest to ensure the storyline that will generate the most revenue, not the actual best teams. That's just one example of how the league is set up to benefit from entertainment and not competition.

Would a colts and cowboys game really generate as much ratings and revenue as the patriots and rams? Not saying they aren't the best teams, just giving example.

There's tons of shady things when you go looking. The most famous argument is SB III, without it, the league would not be what it is today.

I respect your opinion but personally I think you're taking human error and turning it into something it's not. 

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

I respect your opinion but personally I think you're taking human error and turning it into something it's not. 

Fair enough, but at some point there's some things that cannot be chalked up to human error, that rams game and the video I posted previously. Those are just far too blatant. At what point do these coincidences become more than that? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Impossible?

How about this

Or just this fun fact:

To the bolded - please cite the court case where fixing an NFL has been made legal.

45 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

To the bolded - please cite the court case where fixing an NFL has been made legal.

The 2010 spygate case. The ruling provided does not explicitly state they can, yet the ruling contends the NFL is only an entertainment event as argued by the NFL. The wording of the ruling allows for wiggle room. There are also currently no laws on the books that prevent a sports organization from influencing the outcome of their own events (look to WWE as example). The quiz show act only applies to contests of intellectual skills and knowledge. Nor does the sports bribery act apply because it applies to those outside of an organization from influencing the events within.