Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Concerning Super Bowl

LJpalmbeacher2

I look at it this way , in regards to the Colts and Ravens. Despite the way the season ended, both teams exceeded expectations and went to

the playoffs. Considering where both teams were picked pre-season  , it was a good season.  

So I will be watching the playoffs hoping the Patriots lose, above all. A week after the Chargers debacle, the sting is a little less. It will be the same for Colts fans. It’s all about building on this year, and hoping the other AFC teams get a little older, weaker, or injured in 2019. 

Last night after chiefs game I was so down I went im bedroom and fell asleep without even eating dinner. Didn't watch rams/cowboys game. I woke about 1:30am.

I didn't watch pats/charger game either. Checkd score seen its a Blowout. Bad football weekend. I might catch Saints game but don't really care who wins.

honestly I was sooo excited this postseason to not have a "stressful" superbowl. I just want one like Ravens vs 49ers where i didn't care who wins.. Now every year it's like i'm all stressed because i either wanted (broncos 2013 and 2015) to win. Or Patriots (every other year of my life) to lose. 

Geeze ya'll might as well tag me as @buffalo34 becuase that's where I'm headed... :wall:

Will probably watch it...right now, I like 3 of the 4 teams who may be playing in the SB.  Would enjoy seeing the Saints, Rams or Chiefs win it all.

Would be fun to see either the Chiefs-Rams or Chiefs-Saints...lots of scoring!

No matter who plays, I will once again NOT watch the halftime stuff...too long and too irritating.

Refusing to watch the most successful NFL franchise in history is the world's largest crying towel. I'll pull for Reid's team but in view of the playoff games so far thinking this game will be close is not a lock. Could be the last team to possess the ball will win it or it could be the Chiefs go home again with empty pockets. 

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Refusing to watch the most successful NFL franchise in history is the world's largest crying towel.*** I'll pull for Reid's team but in view of the playoff games so far thinking this game will be close is not a lock. Could be the last team to possess the ball will win it or it could be the Chiefs go home again with empty pockets. 

Fixed your post. I am hoping KC wipe the floor with them. 

If you skip the Super Bowl because the Patriots are in it, then you've missed some very, very good games. None of them have been blowouts (except '85!) and all of them have come down to a few plays here or there. 

I'd rather see a competitive game, even if my team isn't in it. 

Maybe some prefer 43-8 blowouts? Haha... :thmup:

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 4:42 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Since this question is for Colt Fans who mostly despise the pats I'm starting this topic on colts side.

Feel free to move.

If/when the pats beat the chiefs will you watch the Super Bowl?

(seems we go through this every year)

You need to ask?

No joke, when Pats play i dvr it and only watch if they lose.

i refuse to watch Alabama too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a few thoughts if it's NE vs NO in the Super Bowl:

1. Should Indy change its name to New Indy to have a better shot at the Super Bowl? (kidding of course).

2. So many people will be rooting for Drew Brees, because he's likable and people hate Brady.

3. Brady will rip our hearts out and WIN, beating Brees.

4. As if it wasn't already, the debate of who is the GOAT will be over.

I would love to see Saints vs Chiefs. That would be non-stressful to me and a huge fun shootout (something different and fun). Story lines = Can Andy Reid finally win his 1st SB? Will Drew Brees join an elite company of starting QB's with 2 or more SB wins? Only 12 (Peyton was one of them) QB's out of the 52 SB's played have won 2 or more SB's. Goff is a good QB but to see him go to a SB or win one would seem strange considering he isn't better than Andrew Luck. Then again watching Nick Foles win it was strange.

35 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

You need to ask?

No joke, when Pats play i dvr it and only watch if they lose.

i refuse to watch Alabama too.

Thanks.

Since you mentioned it I don't like Bama either. Both teams take the 'fun' out of veiwing the Big Games at the end of season.

And if you noticed both dynasties have similarities.

Neither the AFC EAST or the SEC have above average QB's for years. Just this year Jets and Buffalo drafted potential franchise QB's after 15 years of whiffing on qb's and passing up on Ryan and Breese etc...

There's No Big time coaches in either AFC East or SEC ever. Meyer, Harbaugh, Fisher and now newcomer Riley are in other conferences.

Plus Saban & Belichek both have the personality of a rattlesnake lol.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see Saints vs Chiefs. That would be non-stressful to me and a huge fun shootout (something different and fun). Story lines = Can Andy Reid finally win his 1st SB? Will Drew Brees join an elite company of starting QB's with 2 or more SB wins? Only 12 (Peyton was one of them) QB's out of the 52 SB's played have won 2 or more SB's. Goff is a good QB but to see him go to a SB or win one would seem strange considering he isn't better than Andrew Luck. Then again watching Nick Foles win it was strange.

I would prefer Chiefs vs Rams instead of Saints. Still have feelings about losing to them (saints). Lol

I'd also prefer rams beating chiefs too.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm doing the "jinx" on the Pats by betting on them to win against the Chiefs. If they win, I make $20. If they lose, they are eliminated and I'm still happy. If the Pats beat the Chiefs, I will bet on them to win the SB as well and try to jinx them. It's the only way to make the game fun and try to profit in some way out of it.

Do what do you think? Pats win it all, Brady and belichick get their 6 in the same stadium as saban. Belichick and saban would be the same age when they get their 6th, 66 years old. This year or next (brady last year) they are going to win.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Do what do you think? Pats win it all, Brady and belichick get their 6 in the same stadium as saban. Belichick and saban would be the same age when they get their 6th, 66 years old. This year or next (brady last year) they are going to win.

At this point, the options are waning. They could do a rematch of the Pats/Rams SB where the Rams get their revenge in LA. I think the Pats will only win another one when Brady officially announces he will retire if it goes by storyline. We'll see.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

At this point, the options are waning. They could do a rematch of the Pats/Rams SB where the Rams get their revenge in LA. I think the Pats will only win another one when Brady officially announces he will retire if it goes by storyline. We'll see.

His contract is up after next season. He could call it after this one. Where championships count, nobody will ever get 6 again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

His contract is up after next season. He could call it after this one. Where championships count, nobody will ever get 6 again.

I agree. I believe if he beats the Chiefs, he will announce he will retire after the AFC Championship heading into the SB. That is of course, good and bad for Colts fans should it happen.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree. I believe if he beats the Chiefs, he will announce he will retire after the AFC Championship heading into the SB. That is of course, good and bad for Colts fans should it happen.

Ya, they already are setting up the defense of the patriots and the fact brady has already beaten the Chiefs, that weather isn't a factor. We'll see.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 1:42 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Since this question is for Colt Fans who mostly despise the pats I'm starting this topic on colts side.

Feel free to move.

If/when the pats beat the chiefs will you watch the Super Bowl?

(seems we go through this every year)

Yes because the saints will beat them and I love watching the pats lose the super bowl.

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

Ya, they already are setting up the defense of the patriots and the fact brady has already beaten the Chiefs, that weather isn't a factor. We'll see.

It could go anyway at this point. I predict Pats/Rams, with a Rams SB win. We'll see. I still stick by Brady only winning one last one when he retires. That could happen this year or next, but he will only win one when he retires. Otherwise, it's a waste now.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It could go anyway at this point. I predict Pats/Rams, with a Rams SB win. We'll see. I still stick by Brady only winning one last one when he retires. That could happen this year or next, but he will only win one when he retires. Otherwise, it's a waste now.

What if your theory on storylines is true?

A Pats/Rams SB would be a fitting end to Bradys' career.

Brady started his career with a SB win against the Rams - aka "the greatest show on turf".  What if he capped his career with a SB win against a Rams team with McVay the prodigy HC and arguably the most talented team in the NFL?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Brady started his career with a SB win against the Rams - aka "the greatest show on turf".  What if he capped his career with a SB win against a Rams team with McVay the prodigy HC and arguably the most talented team in the NFL?

It's something that could happen. Only thing missing from it is a retirement statement heading into the SB. We'll see what happens. Just a guess for now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's something that could happen. Only thing missing from it is a retirement statement heading into the SB. We'll see what happens. Just a guess for now.

It's the only logical storyline left!  haha

You were wrong about the Texans and I was wrong about the Battle of LA.

jk... we'll see what happens.  :thmup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

There's evidence of rigging already. Browns redskins game had a fumble by the browns RB, before the ref even got there to rule the browns rb was standing up away from the pile with the ball...The ref ruled the redskins had it and nobody but a couple of browns players acknowledged the fact they had the ball before the pile even began.

There's No Storyline when the pats are involved. Kraft will use his power and cheating to influence as many AFCCG's and SB's as he can. 

A person in Vegas can bet them to beat KC and then Parlay it to win the SB. If they win SB they'll probably cover a small line(maybe even be underdogs) and in essence your getting back 3-1 on tour bet.

Their window is 'supposedly closing' and sure don't pass the eye test BUT LOOK how the chargers played defense against them. Exactly how Brady wanted them too, zone and not press. They never even adjusted. 85% of Brady's passes traveled 10 yards or less in air! Not a good defensive scheme against a team with NO VERTICAL RECEIVERS and Brady not consistent throwing mid range/ deep anymore lol.

The Chiefs will probably employ same defense as chargers as will the Saints/Rams.

From a football standpoint you can't see patriots winning. But we're talking about patriots here so you have to lean on thought they will get another tainted title.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

There's No Storyline when the pats are involved. Kraft will use his power and cheating to influence as many AFCCG's and SB's as he can. 

A person in Vegas can bet them to beat KC and then Parlay it to win the SB. If they win SB they'll probably cover a small line(maybe even be underdogs) and in essence your getting back 3-1 on tour bet.

Their window is 'supposedly closing' and sure don't pass the eye test BUT LOOK how the chargers played defense against them. Exactly how Brady wanted them too, zone and not press. They never even adjusted. 85% of Brady's passes traveled 10 yards or less in air! Not a good defensive scheme against a team with NO VERTICAL RECEIVERS and Brady not consistent throwing mid range/ deep anymore lol.

The Chiefs will probably employ same defense as chargers as will the Saints/Rams.

From a football standpoint you can't see patriots winning. But we're talking about patriots here so you have to lean on thought they will get another tainted title.

I don't know who hurt you. 

But it wasn't Tom Brady. Let it go. 

It kind of depends. The Saints are my second most hated team because I cannot stand the utter classlessness of guys like Sean Paytonm and Drew Brees constantly lying about bountygate really turned me off to him too.
So, I would absolutely HATE to see a Pats/Saints super bowl. I would watch a Pats/Rams Super Bowl in the hopes that the Rams win, though.