WR-Inman

TE-Doyle

TE-Ebron

LT-AC

LG-Nelson

C-Kelly

RG-Glowinski

RT-Smith

Offensively, we need to resign inman and glowinski. We need more weapons for Luck. There is not enough talent to take pressure away from Hilton. We also need more depth on the oline. I like Haeg and Brohm and Slauson, but we need more depth at T.

DE-Sheard

UT-Autry

NT-Woods

DE-Lewis

SLB-Adams

MLB-Walker

WLB-Leonard

CB-Moore

CB-Desir

SS-Geathers

FS-Hooker

We need a dominant talent at DT. Woods is servicable, but not a dominant talent. We also need a proven pass rusher. I like what we saw from Lewis and Turay, but they were inconsistent. We also need more talent at CB. I like Moore Desir and Wilson, but their not shut down corners. We also need to resign Mike Mitchel. Him and fairley would make excellant depth. I think we're fine at LB. We have plenty of young talent imo.

• Like 2

Disruptive 3-tech in the middle, a quality safety that stays healthy plus a quality RB and WR that can make plays when counted on, plus a coach in Reich that is willing to learn from past play calling mistakes. :) 

Upon thinking it through, NOT every team has first and second rounders across the board on OL, so I don't see the need for more draft capital on the OL on day 1 or 2 now that we have established we can keep Luck upright for the season.

DL and OL depth on Day 3 is what I would like but play makers for DL, WR, S, and RB is what I want on Day 1 and Day 2. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I would put CB ahead of S and OL

I think having another good safety next to Hooker means the center of the field is protected and all you ask of your CB's is to cover the outside quarters which I think our CB's could handle.  I do think we need to upgrade our CB's but I think we can wait until 2020. Plus our S are so vulnerable to injury.

2 minutes ago, IrishColt said:

I think having another good safety next to Hooker means the center of the field is protected and all you ask of your CB's is to cover the outside quarters which I think our CB's could handle.  I do think we need to upgrade our CB's but I think we can wait until 2020. Plus our S are so vulnerable to injury.

Understandable, however I think a Shut down CB would work better. That way we can roll the coverage.

Just now, coltfaninnewyork said:

We signed Collins today if he stays out of trouble could contribute.i heard coaches raved about him 

We'll have to wait and see what we have in collins, but I do like the potential there

2 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

We signed Collins today if he stays out of trouble could contribute.i heard coaches raved about him 

Signed him to a futures contract?  I never read about the coaches raving about him.  I heard them say he needed to learn to practice like it was a game.  There is potential there, it’s up to him to realize it.  

As as far as what we need, good posts have covered it.  On top of the players, another year will give Eberflus more confidence to play varied schemes.  

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think safety is one of the biggest needs.  we dont have much there besides hooker.  next up would be WR and Dline imo. 

corner back isnt a huge need to me, but i would look for a veteran to join our young guys 

I agree SS is a big need but I think getting more sacks from the DL is absolutely necessary 

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Signed him to a futures contract?  I never read about the coaches raving about him.  I heard them say he needed to learn to practice like it was a game.  There is potential there, it’s up to him to realize it.  

As as far as what we need, good posts have covered it.  On top of the players, another year will give Eberflus more confidence to play varied schemes.  

Zak keefer tweeted coaches were happy with him 

We need one penetrating 3T that isn’t limited against the run. We could also use a big run stuffing NT that has position versatility. Guys that fit that build that I like for the Colts are:

-Christian Wilkins (3T)

-Charles Omenihui- 3T But is like Mathis Hunt. just as big but can play inside and outside.

-Derrick Brown (NT)- But can develop into a pass rusher

- Jeffrey Simmons (3T)

We need a playmaking SS who isn’t limited in coverage. Guys I like are:

-Jonathan Abram

-Marquise Blair

*Still doing research into this position group 

A number 2 WR. A big body to play on the outside is the preference, but a big slot would work too.

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Disruptive 3-tech in the middle, a quality safety that stays healthy plus a quality RB and WR that can make plays when counted on, plus a coach in Reich that is willing to learn from past play calling mistakes. :) 

Upon thinking it through, NOT every team has first and second rounders across the board on OL, so I don't see the need for more draft capital on the OL on day 1 or 2 now that we have established we can keep Luck upright for the season.

DL and OL depth on Day 3 is what I would like but play makers for DL, WR, S, and RB is what I want on Day 1 and Day 2. 

This sums it up well.  I'm never a big fan of drafting a RB early, but we need something more than what we have.  Maybe a FA will be available. 

I'd add a quality CB that can tackle well.  I'd prefer if either Desir or Moore were our #3 CB.

28 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Keep in mind folks, this draft is said to be relatively weak at the WR position. We may not fix that issue this offseason .

And loaded on the D-lime which is what I would like to see. We need upgrades on the d-line. We need to get more passrush and penetration. 

On offense we need less drops and some physical running. I personally think Mack is better suited for more of a change of pace, explosive type runner. Not the grind it and move guys runner. 

Biggest thing is is we need our young guys to take a major step forward. That would be huge. Moe Cox could be a force with more development  I'm real meh on Ebron. While he did better he was very inconsistent 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Keep in mind folks, this draft is said to be relatively weak at the WR position. We may not fix that issue this offseason .

True. I only see one WR going in the first round, but we werent going WR number one anyway. A lot of talent in the DL this year. Ill take Parris Campbell on day two

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

True. I only see one WR going in the first round, but werent going WR number one anyway. A lot of talent in the DL this year. Ill take Parris Campbell on day two

I’m a Buckeye but I’d take either Ole Miss WR or Harmon from NC ST over Campbell.  

• Thanks 1

Look at the Chiefs last night.  Watch the Pats now.  Watch the Saints later.

To win these final three, you have to match scores.  You have to go up and down the field.  Grinding out playoff games in 2019 is not going to happen.  We need weapons.  

• Thanks 2

Upgrading all of these positions will improve our chances I think.

3T/NT/DE (the entire d line we need to pressure the QB and stop the run better)  

WR (compliment to TY)

S (a back up to hooker and geathers (hopefully resigned to at least a prove it deal) when they get injured or possibly another one to play as a coverage LBer with the other two of them on the field)

CB (we have two good young ones but another one would be great)

O-Line (always need competition/depth)

A healthy Doyle would help a lot as well. 

Also, since our coaches will be in their second year; maybe upgrading our offensive and defensive systems to confuse other teams.

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I’m a Buckeye but I’d take either Ole Miss WR or Harmon from NC ST over Campbell.  

Campbell is electric though. He'd add another dimension to our offense. Imgaine Campbell and Hines in the back field together. That is a lot of speed to cover

Number one thing is a pass rusher. Withthe draft being deep in defensive players maybe we can find one there that can contribute right away.

Number two is a WR. Whether that is someone like fountain we will see. Drafting a WR doesn’t really help us right away It usually takes a couple of years to see what a wide receiver can do in the NFL.

With Doyle and Ebron I think we will be set there. The having Doyle back will be huge.

I do not think we need a RB.

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Campbell is electric though. He'd add another dimension to our offense. Imgaine Campbell and Hines in the back field together. That is a lot of speed to cover

Speed isn’t everything.  I’ve watched every one of his games, he reminds me of Dorsett in that he’s great on the deep ball, but not much else.  Not a great route runner, and TBH, too many drops to make me feel comfortable.

Not saying he can’t develop, because we all know you can’t teach his kind of speed.  I’m guessing third round.  

1 hour ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Zak keefer tweeted coaches were happy with him 

Here’s what Eberflus said about him in December:

”Matt Eberflus has now seen Jalen Collins practice 8 times with the Colts. It sounds like Collins could see some action this season, but there’s still a definite jump needed before game days come each week for the talented, but troubled, corner. “I do see the talent there,” Eberflus said of Collins on Tuesday. “What he has to learn to do is to practice the way we practice. The way we practice is full-out. There’s walk through and then full speed. We want you to go full speed all the time. That’s practicing our way. I think he’s learning to do that. He’s not there yet. But we have a style in which we play, and each player is held to that standard. When he does that, we’ll see where he is. We are just trying to keep evaluating him. Chris (Ballard) and his staff and the coaching staff are just evaluating where he is, in terms of getting him ready to go, potentially to play at some point.”

They see enough in him to give him a chance. All I ever saw from Keefer was him saying Collins was going to the active roster.  That lasted a week?   Hope he gets his act together and learns what it means to be a pro.  

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Here’s what Eberflus said about him in December:

”Matt Eberflus has now seen Jalen Collins practice 8 times with the Colts. It sounds like Collins could see some action this season, but there’s still a definite jump needed before game days come each week for the talented, but troubled, corner. “I do see the talent there,” Eberflus said of Collins on Tuesday. “What he has to learn to do is to practice the way we practice. The way we practice is full-out. There’s walk through and then full speed. We want you to go full speed all the time. That’s practicing our way. I think he’s learning to do that. He’s not there yet. But we have a style in which we play, and each player is held to that standard. When he does that, we’ll see where he is. We are just trying to keep evaluating him. Chris (Ballard) and his staff and the coaching staff are just evaluating where he is, in terms of getting him ready to go, potentially to play at some point.”

They see enough in him to give him a chance. All I ever saw from Keefer was him saying Collins was going to the active roster.  That lasted a week?   Hope he gets his act together and learns what it means to be a pro.  

Google zak keefer and the tweet should pop up it did for me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Google zak keefer and the tweet should pop up it did for me 

Got it.  Don’t know how to embed a tweet, but here’s the quote:

“Colts CB Jalen Collins signed a 1-year deal with the team today, and hopes to contend for a spot on the 53-man roster next year. Got lots of positive feedback from the coaches/staff since arriving in November.”

Good news, competition is needed there and he has the tools.  I think we have a pretty decent group in Moore, Desir, Wilson and Hairston.  Milton is good on STs.  I hope Collins comes around.  

Add a decent Edge rusher and it could allow Eberflus to play more exotic coverage with experienced DBs.  

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Got it.  Don’t know how to embed a tweet, but here’s the quote:

“Colts CB Jalen Collins signed a 1-year deal with the team today, and hopes to contend for a spot on the 53-man roster next year. Got lots of positive feedback from the coaches/staff since arriving in November.”

Good news, competition is needed there and he has the tools.  I think we have a pretty decent group in Moore, Desir, Wilson and Hairston.  Milton is good on STs.  I hope Collins comes around.  

Add a decent Edge rusher and it could allow Eberflus to play more exotic coverage with experienced DBs.  

I also have no idea how to post tweets or pics so I just googled it lol 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

I've been banging the drum for Jerry Tillery at 3-tech. 

Dude took over games this year and his body type/speed/motor are literally a perfect, glass slipper fit for this defensive scheme.

He'll be around in the mid-20s in the first round. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Weak as far as first round talent, yes, but there is a good group - value - for rounds 2-4. If it weren't for the Dline talent coming out this year, there might be a guy or 2 who might slip into the 1st. 

4 hours ago, #12. said:

Look at the Chiefs last night.  Watch the Pats now.  Watch the Saints later.

To win these final three, you have to match scores.  You have to go up and down the field.  Grinding out playoff games in 2019 is not going to happen.  We need weapons.  

I dunno about that.  I'm NOT saying we don't need more help on offense, clearly we do.  But a really good defense typically beats a really good defense in the playoffs.  This year has been somewhat of an anomaly with the Bears and Chargers and ravens going down.  But I'm not ready to say it's a trend just yet.  I think being balanced is ALWAYS your best bet.  Luckily this team is on the right track with that and the draft and FA should help.