On 1/14/2019 at 2:15 PM, landrus13 said:

Nobody want Golden Tate? I'd be interested. He said he wants to win now and doesn't have time to play for a rebuilding team. I'd take a flier on him. 

On 1/14/2019 at 3:00 PM, GoColts00 said:

I think he had a higher catch % in 2017 than any of our WRs. I'd be interested. Tate-Inman-Hilton

I'm bout it too. Tate would be great. If you pick him up, then resign Inman, that gives Luck 4 reliable targets (TY, Tate, Inman, Doyle), and it allows Cain and whatever guy you draft (assuming we do), to develop without the pressure of needing to produce right away.

• Like 1

Preston Smith IMO is the pass-rusher who is likely to hit free agency and we will have to pursue. He's a young player and he's on the rise but still has not hit his peak. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 5:37 PM, BOTT said:

Unfortunately, Clark and Flowers are pipe dreams.

You MAY be right, but I hope you are wrong

The NE "way" has been to let MOST of their high priced FAs..... hit the market and leave

Its been that way for awhile

Of the 3-4 top end DEs that are FAs, I think Flowers may be the best opportunity 

A second tier, injury prone DE that I think WILL be available is Ansah.

If I was the Colts I would make a healthy swing at Flowers and Ford first

And if they swing and miss......  I am taking a shot at Ansah second

This defense is starving for a pass rush

The cover 2 / cover 3 defense unravels when the QB has a month to throw..........

Thats why I believe that we will go BPA DL in draft, and a push in FA

Its a hole that must be filled if we want to take another step 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stitches said:

Preston Smith IMO is the pass-rusher who is likely to hit free agency and we will have to pursue. He's a young player and he's on the rise but still has not hit his peak. 

I agree that he could be a priority at the top of our FA list. Thanks for the bump.
What i like.
He can set a hard edge. Powerful, long arms. Knows how to use them.
Looks like he tracks the ball very well, makes him alert in run/mis-direction.
Not a great pass rusher per sacks, but he gets the QB under pressure at high rate.

Availability. Played in 16 games in each of his 4 seasons.

Should be a little better version of Sheard. Hope he can be that tough.

On 1/13/2019 at 4:53 PM, Shafty138 said:

I could see Collins hit the market, that team is rebuilding, not sure they are gonna prioritize a SS looking to cash in on his 2nd contract.....

I think if the Giants were not going to franchise Collins they would have traded him at the deadline. Just my thoughts

• Like 1

I’ve been looking at Tyrell Williams as our #2 WR.  Each time I read a projection of the salary he could command it seems to be in the $10 million per year area. That’s mighty high for a guy who was the #3 on his own team. But it may well be what the Colts have to pay to get a genuine talent in FA. They have the money. Will Ballard part with it? He KNOWS  he has to get better at the position. 

• Like 1

Another guy I would go after in a heart beat if he reaches Free Agency is C.J. Mosley.  If you pair him with Leonard, that could be a lethal combination.  In the draft focus on WR, DBs and an Edge rusher and your set.

• Like 1

I would take Mosley, he'd be a great addition to the defense. 

Unsure about Preston Smith. He hasn't done much in Washington, but has potential maybe with a new team.