Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agent Radar

3 hours ago, coltsnation said:

The only big FAs I would want is Landon Collins or Tank Lawrence.  Highly doubt either would hit the open market though.

I could see Collins hit the market, that team is rebuilding, not sure they are gonna prioritize a SS looking to cash in on his 2nd contract.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I could see Collins hit the market, that team is rebuilding, not sure they are gonna prioritize a SS looking to cash in on his 2nd contract.....

I think if Giants were going to let him walk, they would have traded him before the deadline.  At least that way they get something for him. I bet they franchise him

5 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

I’m all in on Chris Jones from Kansas City! He dominated us so if you can’t beat him pay him!

That would never happen. Jones is one of the most dominant DT's in the league right now. They're going to lock him up for a long time.

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think if Giants were going to let him walk, they would have traded him before the deadline.  At least that way they get something for him. I bet they franchise him

They will get a comp pick for him. So they will still get something if he leaves I believe. 

58 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Nobody want Golden Tate? I'd be interested. He said he wants to win now and doesn't have time to play for a rebuilding team. I'd take a flier on him. 

I think he had a higher catch % in 2017 than any of our WRs. I'd be interested. Tate-Inman-Hilton

• Like 4

On 1/13/2019 at 8:05 AM, GoColtsGo5150 said:

WR

Tyrell  Williams (is a Grant Clone)

Kevin White (1st round draft bust and can not stay healthy)

DL

Frank Clark (will be resigned by seahawks becuase of the 60 mil in cap space)

Preston Smith (might be able to get but the redskin do have 21 mil in cap space and he might walk but then again they could just cut there QB and start all over and draft another QB and then sign in with the left over money.

LBs

Jordan Hicks (would be a great sign but he wants a pay day.)

Kwon Alexander ( can be seen he sign for a small contract the guy is average at best.)

CBs (why neither of them are good let alone great. You wanna get better at your position not worse)

Tony Lippett (depth)

David Amerson (depth)

Safeties (will never ever be signed becuase Ballard loves Geathers)

Landon Collins

Haha Clinton Dix

On 1/15/2019 at 12:54 AM, Freenyfan102 said:

Tyrell Williams is a "clone" of Ryan Grant?     Is that really your viewpoint?

If so,  you have the wrong Tyrell Williams.    For three years running he has one of the highest yards per reception in the NFL.     He's got a 3-year average of about 16 per catch.    That's TY Hilton territory.     And he's going to be 27.    And he's 6'4".    And he's fast.

That Tyrell Williams is the exact opposite of Ryan Grant.

Found this nugget on Williams in an ESPN story on the top-50 EXPECTED free agents where Williams is listed as 20th.

20. Tyrell Williams, WR

2018 team: Los Angeles Chargers | Age: 27

He might not be a household name, but since the start of the 2016 season, Williams has averaged more yards per reception (15.9) than all but six pass-catchers in the NFL (minimum 43 catches). He might be the best big (6-foot-4) deep threat approaching the market.

• Like 3

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

If so,  you have the wrong Tyrell Williams.    For three years running he has one of the highest yards per reception in the NFL.     He's got a 3-year average of about 16 per catch.    That's TY Hilton territory.     And he's going to be 27.    And he's 6'4".    And he's fast.

Found this nugget on Williams in an ESPN story on the top-50 EXPECTED free agents where Williams is listed as 20th.

20. Tyrell Williams, WR

He might not be a household name, but since the start of the 2016 season, Williams has averaged more yards per reception (15.9) than all but six pass-catchers in the NFL (minimum 43 catches). He might be the best big (6-foot-4) deep threat approaching the market.

I would love to pick him up, that would be an amazing Free Agent signing. That kid has game and he's young.

• Like 3

If have to think with the connection to Sirianni and the emphasis Ballard puts on character, that Tyrell Williams is high on the list. And I honestly don’t think he’ll be crazy expensive either. 

If I’m Ballard I sign Williams and then draft a Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown to play the slot. That combination would be hard to stop.

Posted this and got super busy so I haven't been able to keep up with it. Lol.

I would love either Humphries or Tyrell Williams. Collins is wishful thinking but it would be ideal. Clowney and Clark are also improbable so I'll go with a more realistic Dee Ford or Trey Flowers (NE is cheap).

And put me in the minority here, but I want Bell. I love Marlon Mack but Bell is a generational talent and a game changer. I know it's expensive, I know it may be out of Ballard's norm but a player like Bell hasn't been available to Ballard before so we have no idea what his mentality is for this situation. 

• Thanks 1

The only position I think is paramount is a pass rusher.  We simply can't wait for a rookie to develop and need someone who can provide this now.  Would LOVE to get Frank Clark but realize this is a pipe dream as Bott said.  Next I would go with Flowers due to his production and age.  I guess next I would go Clowney but he will be more expensive.  I believe the rest of the needs we can get via the draft.

I know the Colts have a lot of money to spend, but they are going to have to give the big-time FA's way more than their current team to lure them to Indy.  Just one would significantly lessen that pot.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:39 PM, NewColtsFan said:

20. Tyrell Williams, WR

Okay he is very average at best and not a world better with a 60 percent chance of catching the ball and average 34 yard a game WOW such a great guy

Any WR we sign in FA would have to turn out to be like Ebron to be successful.  And the chances of that are pretty slim.  He had a ton of drops too.  Like ER's the good ones don't hit FA.  I think if we want a real no. 2 the best chance is trading for one.  Need to draft one early as well. 

13 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Okay he is very average at best and not a world better with a 60 percent chance of catching the ball and average 34 yard a game WOW such a great guy

You're a funny guy.     And your math is WAY off.     But no matter.

You're entitled to believe what you want.    Even if it makes no sense whatsoever.

Good luck to you.