Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft spot

CR91

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

So they'll have the 25th/26th pick, along with the 34th? Lots of options there. Could even trade back/up. 

After watching this game this team lacks pass rush from the interior and WR. Also need Hooker to stay healthy to help with our coverage. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Do not rule out OL or LB either to bolster OL or front seven.

Ballard did say he wants to be 2 deep on the Oline, but with Dline and WR being our biggest 2 needs, and the influx of talent we can get at the end of the first and start of the second, I think that's where we go. 

I don't see them using one of the top 3 picks on an OL, unless they sign a big name FA to fill the holes at WR, CB or DL first.

They may use a 3/4 on a OL, but they need to find 3 guys that can start with those first 3 picks and IMO, all 3 of those are bigger holes than the line (which played well most of the year until yesterday).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Ballard did say he wants to be 2 deep on the Oline, but with Dline and WR being our biggest 2 needs, and the influx of talent we can get at the end of the first and start of the second, I think that's where we go. 

If we re-sign Slausen and Glowinski along with Haeg and Boehn I like our depth.  We need speed at CB, and a WR with hands and route running ability and an edge rusher.  I'd put edge rusher as #1 priority. DO NOT be surprised if we draft OLINE/DLINE again early.  That's Ballards montra, I'm ok with it frankly but I see needs in other places as well.  I imagine we will align the talent available with the needs of the team.  Should be a fun draft and FA season!

34 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

If we re-sign Slausen and Glowinski along with Haeg and Boehn I like our depth.  We need speed at CB, and a WR with hands and route running ability and an edge rusher.  I'd put edge rusher as #1 priority. DO NOT be surprised if we draft OLINE/DLINE again early.  That's Ballards montra, I'm ok with it frankly but I see needs in other places as well.  I imagine we will align the talent available with the needs of the team.  Should be a fun draft and FA season!

I would let slauson walk.  I don't want a backup that gets hurt after a few starts. Maybe talk to him about getting into coaching.

We need Al Woods back, or someone like him, who plugged the oline where ever he played.  Then the Hunts, Autrys, and Lewis's, can disrupt from the inside.

If you want a NT who can also disrupt, then we can't trade back IMO, and we normally couldn't even get that guy at 25.  But this is a deep defensive line draft so we should be able to get him there.

I say pick the BPA at 34.  Then trade up into the second round again.  Let our young guys from last year develop, or fail, and find an upgrade at one position with free agency. 

Having a bunch of late picks does us no good this year.  We don't need more Haeg's or Fountains.

We all know we need better receivers.  Most think we need better DBs. Some think we need to replace Doyle.  I think we need an upgrade at RB, one that has some power to go with his speed.  And then there is the question if Smith is the guy we want at RT. 

We have a lot of players we need to add or develop.

• Like 1

Can I be the first with 'at #25/26 all the good players are gone' we're sure to hear from now until April.

If it's me I'm drafting a pass rusher on the outside in the first. A guy like Freeney or Mathis would have made a world of difference yesterday. 

Right after that the #36 goes to WR along with a FA pickup.

Those were two hugely obvious deficiencies you could see. 

I also look for a lb or two later on, we can't cover crossing routes by TE's.

Posted this in draft section

Trading Brissett to move up in the 1st round. With this draft being so deep on the dline moving up to snag a stud would be ideal. Let’s look at some of the teams in the teens that might be interested.

Cincy @ 11 (dalton wearing out his welcome)

miami @ 13 (hiring former pats coach)

washinton @ 15 (smith might not be ready for season)

So packaging our 26th and brissett to move up to pick 13-15 would be a smart move imo. It wouldn’t cost us picks. Jacoby is gone after this year anyway might as well get something for him. I would rather do this than trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

We had no answer against their quick passing game. I want another beast on defense LB or CB with our first pick at 26. Pass rusher at 34. Or vice versa

As much as I love Walker, he isn't an Urlacher type. That's another spot if we didn't have as many pressing needs I'd look into upgrading.

• Like 1

The problem with the 43 zone defense is that it leaves the middle open.  That is its weakness.  We'll never get enough quality there to shut it down.  The LBs and Safeties need to recognize the play and tackle the receiver quickly.  The QB or Receiver has to miss some of those throws once in a while too (pass rush), or else the 43 zone will have a tough night in the middle.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I dont know how everyone is in draft mode right now. Im still kinda mad.

It's part of the healing process brother. That game showed us how young we were including our head coach and where we need to upgrade. I'm still ticked off to Buddy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Posted this in draft section

Trading Brissett to move up in the 1st round. With this draft being so deep on the dline moving up to snag a stud would be ideal. Let’s look at some of the teams in the teens that might be interested.

Cincy @ 11 (dalton wearing out his welcome)

miami @ 13 (hiring former pats coach)

washinton @ 15 (smith might not be ready for season)

So packaging our 26th and brissett to move up to pick 13-15 would be a smart move imo. It wouldn’t cost us picks. Jacoby is gone after this year anyway might as well get something for him. I would rather do this than trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder

This would be a decent trade if possible. However, if we can get a pick in the top of the 2nd for Brissett then I would prefer another player.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Gotta get better on defense ,we know mahomes and hill will be in our way moving forward .

well we played them once I do not see them doing what they did to us during the playoff game. But you are correct need to bolster the defense

Remember, the Pats are winning with James White and company.  In other words, they still win with scheme and coaching and scheme fit players .  We played much better with scheme and coaching this year so hopefully we continue to get better in that vein. 

• Like 1