Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This year is just like 2013

chad72

Chiefs leading the league in offense and passing like the Broncos. Losing to NE on SNF like Broncos by a FG, losing to SD on TNF, and then played the Chargers (#6 seed) and NE (#2) at home to go to SB, 2 teams they lost to in the regular season. Chiefs most likely make the SB, IMO.

The only difference - there’s no defensive team like the Seahawks to challenge the Broncos like that year.

Could we see a barn burner repeat with Rams vs Chiefs? We have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Over the last 15 years, only 1 team has been to the Super Bowl more than half of the time: New England. They have 8 Super Bowl appearances in that time span -- by far the most.

I think NE goes to the Super Bowl again, as much as I'd hate it.

Brady and the Patriots have had their fair share of issues on the road vs AFC West teams on the road.

2005 road playoff loss at Broncos plus several regular season losses at Mile High including to Kyle Orton and Josh McDaniels, 2008 knee blown out vs Chiefs, 2013 and 2015 AFCCG losses, 2014 road loss 14-41 vs Chiefs etc. is a big reason they don’t want to play on the road vs AFC West.

• Like 1

Rams looked REALLY good against the Cowboys today. The offensive line looked like they did in the beginning of the year. Goff looked comfortable. The defense made some plays. I don't see why they couldn't walk into the Superdome and upset the Saints (unless Nick Foles has something to say about that haha).

Rams are being slept on honestly. They looked poor down the stretch and it felt like everybody gave up on them, but lets not act like the 3 teams they lost to (Saints, Philly, Bears), aren't also really good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

Rams looked REALLY good against the Cowboys today. The offensive line looked like they did in the beginning of the year. Goff looked comfortable. The defense made some plays. I don't see why they couldn't walk into the Superdome and upset the Saints (unless Nick Foles has something to say about that haha).

Rams are being slept on honestly. They looked poor down the stretch and it felt like everybody gave up on them, but lets not act like the 3 teams they lost to (Saints, Philly, Bears), aren't also really good. 

Just like Chiefs made changes to their defensive personnel and philosophy a couple of games before the season ended, the Rams switched to running with 2 TEs instead of 3 WRs and the results showed.

Like the Chiefs vs Raiders, the production came against spoiler teams like Cardinals and 49ers, so no one noticed. When they do the same vs playoff teams, everyone will sit back and notice.

2 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

At least the AFC title game won't go through New England.

NE has not won an AFCCG on the road since 2004 vs Steelers. Both their road AFCCG wins on the road were against the Steelers in 2001 and 2004.

Thats when Steelers D were accusing Patriots O of knowing what blitzes were coming from Dick LeBeau.

37 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Just shows the home field advantage they have. They're a different team on the road in the playoffs.

Not really.  The Patriots teams that didn't have homefied, like this current team, weren't as good as the teams that did.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

NE has not won an AFCCG on the road since 2004 vs Steelers. Both their road AFCCG wins on the road were against the Steelers in 2001 and 2004.

Thats when Steelers D were accusing Patriots O of knowing what blitzes were coming from Dick LeBeau.

I don't remember anything about that. Could you elaborate more to me?  How did pats know from Lebeau? Did he tell them or steal his signs etc....?

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't remember anything about that. Could you elaborate more to me?  How did pats know from Lebeau? Did he tell them or steal his signs etc....?

Here is the article:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/10/New-report-on-Patriots-espionage-opening-old-wounds-for-Steelers/stories/201509100059

• Thanks 1

2013, 2015 and 2018, the Patriots lost at Miami and lost HFA because of that. Plus, the Patriots have not gone back to the SB after a year where they lost the previous SB (2008 season albeit due to Brady injury, 2012 season). All signs point to the Chiefs going to the SB where the last 2 QBs with 50 TDs and 5000 yards have made it to the SB. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Thanks.

Reminds me some of the playoff game we had with them in early 2000's....the game where Peyton threw a bunch of interceptions and to Rodney Harrison. That was the game Tom Moore told Peyton just before kickoff "you run the play we send you, your NOT ALOWWED TO AUDIBLE." What a time to take away from what Peyton does best(pre-snap reads, read defenses and audible) Lol.

Their corruption is Deep and we only know just a small percentage of what they do and did.

Their SB's are Tainted and should have asterisks by them.

46 minutes ago, chad72 said:

2013, 2015 and 2018, the Patriots lost at Miami and lost HFA because of that. Plus, the Patriots have not gone back to the SB after a year where they lost the previous SB (2008 season albeit due to Brady injury, 2012 season). All signs point to the Chiefs going to the SB where the last 2 QBs with 50 TDs and 5000 yards have made it to the SB. 

If the Chiefs play like they did against us nobody is beating them. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The chiefs defense looked like a SB defense. I think statistics were wacky because teams were passing so much against them.

Now, watch the AFCCG where the Chargers or Patriots stay patient with the run and keep the game closer albeit in a losing cause most likely.