Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Excited for Deon Cain's Return

Zoltan

One area of weakness of many that showed in this Divisional game was the lack of consistency from our receiving corp. the fact that Inman is one of our best and a midseason addition shows how much this group is lacking at times. That being said the return of Cain next year gets me excited as he showed himself before his injury to be a sure handed WR, if he returns in shape and we add one more receiver in the offseason just like our offensive line group, we can turn this group from an area weakness to an area of strength.

Excited for the future of this team

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Ugh.  That fountain td catxh.  wth?!?!

Fountain’s drop doesn’t mean Cain will be stud.  With that said Cain was doing things on his own in camp to get people excited.  I look forward to seeing what he can do when healthy.  I felt he might have been a steal in the draft.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fountain’s drop doesn’t mean Cain will be stud.  With that said Cain was doing things on his own in camp to get people excited.  I look forward to seeing what he can do when healthy.  I felt he might have been a steal in the draft.

I was joking.  I think it’s absurd.  Absurd to talk about Cain at this time. 

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Why?  There is nothing wrong with fans being positive and looking to the future.

Ok.  Let’s talk about the 2020 draft.  Excited?  How about 2021?   Think any rookies will pan out.   Christ.  The guy was a rookie who didn’t play and has a serious injury.  We just lost in the divisional playoff game.  Maybe take a little time for some perspective.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Ok.  Let’s talk about the 2020 draft.  Excited?  How about 2021?   Think any rookies will pan out.   Christ.  The guy was a rookie who didn’t play and has a serious injury.  We just lost in the divisional playoff game.  Maybe take a little time for some perspective.  

First of all I am not a coach or player I don’t need to have perspective like they do.  We don’t have to treat it like our lively hood depends on it because it doesn’t.  Also if you notice there is a whole section of the forum devoted to free agency and drafts so yeah people do talk about that all year round.  There tons of threads breaking down the game.  I’ve posted in them as have many others.  However, even with the loss the future is still very bright for this team.  There is nothing wrong with people wanting to look forward to that.

Also, if you notice the original poster in this thread started this thread talking about something that wasn’t only a problem for the Colts today but has been a problem for them all year, WRs dropping passes.  They are just saying they hope Cain can help solve what has been a big problem for this team.

There is NOTHING wrong with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not a coach or player I don’t need to have perspective.  We don’t have to treat it like our lively hood depends on it because it doesn’t.  Also if you notice there is a whole section of the forum devoted to free agency and drafts so yeah people do talk about that all year round.  There tons of threads breaking down the game.  I’ve posted in them as have many others.  However, even with the loss the future is still very bright for this team.  There is nothing wrong with people wanting to look forward to that.

Also, if you notice the original poster in this thread started this thread talking about something that wasn’t only a problem for the Colts today but has been a problem for them all year, WRs dropping passes.  They are just saying they hope Cain can help solve what has been a big problem for this team.

There is NOTHING wrong with that.

Wrong

3 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Wrong

Did you get a paycheck based on today’s game?  Did you lose your job or house because the Colts lost?  If not then not wrong.

Sure I am disappointed the Colts lost but for crying out loud it’s just a game it doesn’t have to ruin my life or my beliefs that the future of this team is bright and that drops has been a real issue for this team all year.  

Hopefully Cain can help fix one of those things.  Hopefully the Colts do something else to help address the WR spot too.

Seriously?

Ballard needs to hit reset on the WR group...and act like his picks from last year don't exist. That way, whatever Cain or Fountain provides is gravy (though Fountain might be destined for waivers). 

Inman should be back as a depth WR and possession WR. And Hilton is still here. But after that, they need to add some talent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Deion Cain seems to be the new Mike Hart of this forum. Alas, showing promise doesn't avoid injuries.

He was All Pro training camp, nothing more.

I seriously doubt, that Ballard thinks the return of Cain, allows him to not look at upgrading the WR core.

T.Y. is the only reliable option on the roster currently IMO.

However, I would most definitely bring Inman back.

8 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Deion Cain seems to be the new Mike Hart of this forum. Alas, showing promise doesn't avoid injuries.

He’s had one injury.  It’s not like Mike Hart whenever you turn around he broken.  If he turns out that way then yeah you have a point.  For now though I’d like to see if he can build on the promise he showed last off-season and this camp.  Still if I am Chris Ballard I am not putting all my eggs in the Cain basket.  I’d still make an effort to get another number two WR rather in the early part of the draft or free agency.  

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

He was All Pro training camp, nothing more.

I seriously doubt, that Ballard thinks the return of Cain, allows him to not look at upgrading the WR core.

T.Y. is the only reliable option on the roster currently IMO.

However, I would most definitely bring Inman back.

He didn’t have a chance to show if it was nothing more.  When Inman was signed most thought he was just another body to get them through the injuries they were dealing with at the time.  He turned out to be their second best WR.  

Still, while I am excited to see what Cain can do, I agree I don’t think Ballard looks at Cain and goes he’s the answers to our number two WR problems.  Cain could come back next year and be a really nice player or get cut, either wouldn’t shock me a great deal.  So if I am Ballard I am keeping Inman on a one or at most two year deal and looking for another WR rather it be in the draft or free agency.  You can never have enough of those guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Can't really get to pumped 6th rounder with torn ACL.Hope he can help just can't rely on that 

He had a 2nd round grade and fell because of failed drug tests years ago and a down season due to DeSean Watson leaving for the NFL. The spot he was drafted doesn't represent the potential he has and an ACL injury isn't a kiss of death anymore. He has the talent and seemed to be putting it on display at TC. There's always the possibility of busting, but he has way less of a chance than your typical 6th round WR.

4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I was just pointing out an area of weakness that may be helped out by a guy that is already in the building and was talked about as a good player before his injury, talking about drafts that haven't happened or are even close is excessive sure.

As for perspective from this game it's that we have some holes that need filled but we have some talented young players and I'm excited about the teams future

Dude don’t worry about people getting angry about starting this thread or  having perspective. There are some real grouches on this forum who love to talk down to anyone for anything.  It’s funny because I guarantee 90% of them wouldn’t talk to someone to their face in the rude tone they like to use on here. It is a fan forum for a reason and in my opinion there really aren’t any dumb questions. If you don’t want to answer them don’t, but don’t go off on someone asking a question especially when they are a fellow colts fan. 

Im not pointing anyone out I’m just saying let’s all get along and be respectful and if we don’t agree that’s fine but just do so in a respective manner. Btw the majority of people on here are great and positive. It’s just maybe 4 or 5 people that like to try and bully people and act like know it alls. 

• Like 3