Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It all came down to this...

Detectacon

4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

And he could very well come out next year and crash down to earth like many young QBs. You all can call him a QB god if you want I'll take Luck and his many years of top play over Mahomes one year 10 times out of 10.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I would too. After Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, and Carson Wentz all had their 1 year of greatness, everyone was saying they were the next coming of God, now look. At least Luck has had 4 Very Good to Great seasons. Mahomes has had a sensational season but it's only 1 year. If he wins the SB that is something else though.

Mahomes may not throw 50 TDs again but I don't think he regresses much at all.

I have been watching QBs play since 1966 and he makes all the throws. He makes throws that are impossible to defend.

Till he faces a defense that can completely shut him down he is a perennial pro bowl QB.

21 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Mahomes may not throw 50 TDs again but I don't think he regresses much at all.

I have been watching QBs play since 1966 and he makes all the throws. He makes throws that are impossible to defend.

Till he faces a defense that can completely shut him down he is a perennial pro bowl QB.

I think Mahomes is the real deal so don't get me wrong but I want to see 3 or 4 years of this from him. Not really so much 50 TD's, I know that probably won't happen but 35-40 TD's and team success for example. Luck has had several seasons now where he has been Good to Great = 2012-2014/2018. I just remember everyone putting Carr, Cousins, and Wentz on a pedestal after 1 great year and now they are from it. Everyone was really all over Wentz and the dude can't even stay healthy.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Mahomes is the real deal so don't get me wrong but I want to see 3 or 4 years of this from him. Not really so much 50 TD's, I know that probably won't happen but 35-40 TD's and team success for example. Luck has had several seasons now where he has been Good to Great = 2012-2014/2018. I just remember everyone putting Carr, Cousins, and Wentz on a pedestal after 1 great year and now they are from it. Everyone was really all over Wentz and the dude can't even stay healthy.

Exactly I think he's good too but til he proves it year in year out he's not better than Luck or any of the other top QBs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I never really put Carr, Cousins or Wentz in the category that I think Mahomes is in.

I am not comparing him to Luck either so I don't know where that come from except Colts_Fan12 putting his own twist and putting words in my mouth.

I just look at his age and him sitting behind Smith watching and learning the NFL like it used to be for QBs. There is something said about a rookie QB standing on the sidelines seeing things from a different view.

I will agree looking at it now Mahomes looks Great and looks like the real deal. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will agree looking at it now Mahomes looks Great and looks like the real deal. 

I would expect him not having as great a year because defensive coordinators will plan more for him. More tape, etc...

I just see the talent level and think he is going to be a great QB and thats not taking away from any other QB. I think we will see a few good if not great QBs with the QBs that were drafted just last year. With the rules favoring protecting the QB and making offenses more potent I see huge numbers for the QBs in the future.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I would expect him not having as great a year because defensive coordinators will plan more for him. More tape, etc...

I just see the talent level and think he is going to be a great QB and thats not taking away from any other QB. I think we will see a few good if not great QBs with the QBs that were drafted just last year. With the rules favoring protecting the QB and making offenses more potent I see huge numbers for the QBs in the future.

As of now I would say Mahomes and Luck could be the cream of the crop for the next 5 years. Brees and Brady are still around but they are getting old. We need a better Defense to compete with KC right now and Luck needs another WR that can be consistently good. If you took Hill off of KC and put him on our team with TY, we may have won yesterday. It only takes 2 or 3 additions to make a difference.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As of now I would say Mahomes and Luck could be the cream of the crop for the next 5 years. Brees and Brady are still around but they are getting old. We need a better Defense to compete with KC right now and Luck needs another WR that can be consistently good. If you took Hill off of KC and put him on our team with TY, we may have won yesterday. It only takes 2 or 3 additions to make a difference.

I totally agree. If Ballard can have another good draft and we can sign a couple of productive free agents the future is bright for the Colts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great post if Luck had that offense I have no doubt in my mind we win and I'm sure he wins MVP and has 50 or more TDs aswell

• Like 1

Colts definitely had their opportunities.  They held KC to 24 points in the 4th and lost 4 points.  The game technically should’ve been 17-24 in the 4th.  KCs D played very well but I feel the O was just in a funk.  The WRs I feel could not get any separation also being blanketed primarily by man coverage.  Luck looked off.  Was just an ugly performance by the O.  

While I do think the Colts have a more balanced overall team KC definitely has better playmakers.  Mahomes, Watkins, Hill, Kelce and Hunt (even though his season was done) are incredibly formidable.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Colts definitely had their opportunities.  They held KC to 24 points in the 4th and lost 4 points.  The game technically should’ve been 17-24 in the 4th.  KCs D played very well but I feel the O was just in a funk.  The WRs I feel could not get any separation also being blanketed primarily by man coverage.  Luck looked off.  Was just an ugly performance by the O.  

While I do think the Colts have a more balanced overall team KC definitely has better playmakers.  Mahomes, Watkins, Hill, Kelce and Hunt (even though his season was done) are incredibly formidable.  

I think that is a really good way to put why KC is a better team. We need more playmakers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

While I do think the Colten have a more balanced overall team KC definitely has better playmakers.  Mahomes, Watkins, Hill, Kelce and Hunt (even though his season was done) are incredibly formidable.  

Total agreement.

You could probably add the rookies probably being spent and hitting the wall with the amount of games played, field may have bothered both lines, etc. I'm in no way saying those  are the reasons they lost. I think like you said unfortunately everything went against them and obviously season over.

A ton of things have to go your way to be a #5/6 seed super bowl team. We'll be good I think going forward. At least it wasn't a lost season where you remember nothing. Q and Leonard and a playoff win along with Luck getting back healthy.

• Like 1