Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It all came down to this...

Detectacon

If you really think about it the game could have been tied with four plays.

1) The missed FG = 3 points

2) The missed XP = 1 point

3) The dropped TD pass at the end = 7 points

4) Giving up on the last play = (Possibly) 7 points. 

That’s 31 points and potentially overtime on the last play. Just food for thought. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

That’s 31 points and potentially overtime on the last play. Just food for thought. 

I'm sure that you've heard of the Butterfly Effect.

If any one of those things happened, then everything else would've changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

We def blew some chances. I also Think Andy dialed it down after a while also. The Leonard fumble then We fumble was back breaking

That and the missed fg before half. The score before half could have done wonders. 

Bright future is ahead though! 

I thought the offense, or Luck, got into panic mode way early.  Yes, it was 21-0 early, but offenses start slowing down when they have a lead, and defenses start avoiding the big play.  A team can start getting momentum if they try.  We could have run the ball more in the first half and may have scored 10 points with the O.

We were impatient.  It looked like the Philly game.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

This was really disappointing.  I didn’t expect a win but the flaws were tough. Vinatieri missing was the biggest shocker 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Kinda funny that the guy whose defense who lead to Mora getting fired here just got his first head coaching job.  

I thought that when I heard it. It's crazy how his stuff was terrible here and he went in to run some solid D's after us. 

Just now, IinD said:

I thought that when I heard it. It's crazy how his stuff was terrible here and he went in to run some solid D's after us. 

Yeah I remember when Polian fired him he said he was a good coach his defense was just too complex for the young guys the Colts had here which is why Dungy and his Tampa-2 was the perfect fit.

• Like 1

Vinateri will probably announce his retirement if not he needs to be sent out on a fast boat. His 23 yard flop ball was the shortest miss in his entire career. Colts first down in the first half came at a minute and a half left to play.

Three batted balls in one possession.

How many yards between the two teams in the first half? Anybody?

Autry's dance in face of an official resulting in 15 yards. Mighty smart player I'm sure.

KC fumbles with a minute left in the third and Luck fumbles to give the ball right back.

Vinateri misses a PAT and the screen is full of his face smiling ear-to-ear.

Fountain drops a pass in the endzone. 

The Colts don't bother to hurry up to try one last play to score a TD.

The Colts first possession when Ebron dropped the very short pass set the tone for the game then KC goes right in for 7 on their first possession. Game over.

Coach Dungy said before the game the entire Colts room looked relaxed. Someone should have told them to quit relaxing when the got on the field of play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Vinateri will probably announce his retirement if not he needs to be sent out on a fast boat. His 23 yard flop ball was the shortest miss in his entire career. Colts first down in the first half came at a minute and a half left to play.

Three batted balls in one possession.

How many yards between the two teams in the first half? Anybody?

Autry's dance in face of an official resulting in 15 yards. Mighty smart player I'm sure.

KC fumbles with a minute left in the third and Luck fumbles to give the ball right back.

Vinateri misses a PAT and the screen is full of his face smiling ear-to-ear.

Fountain drops a pass in the endzone. 

The Colts don't bother to hurry up to try one last play to score a TD.

The Colts first possession when Ebron dropped the very short pass set the tone for the game then KC goes right in for 7 on their first possession. Game over.

Coach Dungy said before the game the entire Colts room looked relaxed. Someone should have told them to quit relaxing when the got on the field of play.

This will humble them. The young guyys got cocky. It’s all a learning experience. It’s also a big learning experience for the coach that he needs to tighten down the locker room celebrations and make sure these guys are ready to work and don’t start believing their own headlines.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This will humble them. The young guyys got cocky. It’s all a learning experience. It’s also a big learning experience for the coach that he needs to tighten down the locker room celebrations and make sure these guys are ready to work and don’t start believing their own headlines.

No doubt Andy Reid took Reich to school today and left  him with plenty of homework.

2 hours ago, Detectacon said:

You're working way too hard to create a narrative that is false.

This was not a game that would ever come down to the last play.     Period.

All those "ifs" add up....    but not to a win for the Colts.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're working way too hard to create a narrative that is false.

This was not a game that would ever come down to the last play.     Period.

All those "ifs" add up....    but not to a win for the Colts.    

Why is there a need for everyone to always be so serious and try to make themselves look smarter than someone else? Read the thread. It’s a joke. For Christ sake.... SMH

”create a narrative that is false” .....::. Take a chill pill. 

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Honestly if it had looked  like we were getting back into it KC would of just turned the offense back up.  KC was like us last week against Houston. They just didn’t want to make mistakes because their d was that good. That last td by us was just garbage time.

Damn you sure you didnt fall off the KC bandwagon and get lost? you sure do praise them like they are gods gift to football. We all must now to almighty Mahomes!! 

Stopping them on 3rd down, but then giving them the 1st down due to penalty = take 7pts off the board for the Chiefs.  Add back the Vinny misses and the Colts were right in the game, 17-17.  

As as bad as it seemed, this game was there for the taking.  Missed opportunities and errors did the Colts in.  Oh, plus good game by the Chiefs. 

2019, Go Colts!

4 hours ago, Detectacon said:

Like our coach said, "we were outcoached AND outplayed".

We looked like we didn't belong on the field with Reid, Mahomes and the Chiefs.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

No doubt Andy Reid took Reich to school today and left  him with plenty of homework.

What? The Chiefs won a playoff game against a team that wasn't even considered a playoff team. Oh by the way, the first playoff win in Arrow Head since 1994 with Joe Montana.

A 1st seed against a 6th seed and all of a sudden Reid is a genius? 

Reid's playoff record with the Chiefs is 2-4.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What? The Chiefs won a playoff game against a team that wasn't even considered a playoff team. Oh by the way, the first playoff win in Arrow Head since 1994 with Joe Montana.

A 1st seed against a 6th seed and all of a sudden Reid is a genius? 

Reid's playoff record with the Chiefs is 2-4.

YOU call him a genius not me. Who rolled over who? The game was not just a victory it was a blowout.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

YOU call him a genius not me. Who rolled over who? The game was not just a victory it was a blowout.

Your very words that Reid took Frank to school. No, Mahomes took the Colts defense to school.

Making a big deal out of a head coach with 19 years experience  wins over a head coach with 1 year experience ?  Figures.

14 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Damn you sure you didnt fall off the KC bandwagon and get lost? you sure do praise them like they are gods gift to football. We all must now to almighty Mahomes!! 

All I can say is for a 22 year old QB Mahomes looked like a seasoned vet. His talent level is off the hook. He makes passes only the elite QBs make.

So yes, in a way Mahomes is almighty and will only get better.

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

All I can say is for a 22 year old QB Mahomes looked like a seasoned vet. His talent level is off the hook. He makes passes only the elite QBs make.

So yes, in a way Mahomes is almighty and will only get better.

And he could very well come out next year and crash down to earth like many young QBs. You all can call him a QB god if you want I'll take Luck and his many years of top play over Mahomes one year 10 times out of 10.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

And he could very well come out next year and crash down to earth like many young QBs. You all can call him a QB god if you want I'll take Luck and his many years of top play over Mahomes one year 10 times out of 10.

Yeah I would too. After Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, and Carson Wentz all had their 1 year of greatness, everyone was saying they were the next coming of God, now look. At least Luck has had 4 Very Good to Great seasons. Mahomes has had a sensational season but it's only 1 year. If he wins the SB that is something else though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I would too. After Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, and Carson Wentz all had their 1 year of greatness, everyone was saying they were the next coming of God, now look. At least Luck has had 4 Very Good to Great seasons. Mahomes has had a sensational season but it's only 1 year. If he wins the SB that is something else though.

Has to get by patriots

I agree, as bad as we being outplayed, we had a chance in the 4th quarters, especially when D. Leonard got that fumble,  I thought we would surely score a TD.  However, Luck for some phantom reason, continued his ineptitude play.  You can give KC credit but if Luck played well, who knows?