Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trust Ballard

Lucky Colts Fan

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I would never use the terms to trust me, because I'm not condescending.

You said you didn’t trust Ballard and your reasons were ridiculous.   Ball hawking and pancaking.  What are we supposed to say to something like that?  Those 2 qualities indicate a player has a very high skill level.  If you had said low football IQ or slow or bad scheme fit, that would have made sense.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Now that the season is over and we only won one playoff game against a bad QB, I wish it stayed a rebuilding year.  It was fun in the short term, but like most parties, you pay for it afterwords.

Why should we trust him?  Our pancaking LG and first round FS did not help us much.  I know Hooker wasn't in the game, but KC beat us on plays that would have rendered a ball-hawking FS moot anyway.....as does the game plan of most playoff caliber offenses.

The skills of pancaking and ball-hawking are pointless in the modern NFL.

Except Watson isn't Bad, the Texans were favored and have a Great D.Line. Watson isn't Great but he is Good. Once again some people like to take away from our success by poo pooing it. I see you are in rare form after a loss. Maybe Irsay will bring Grigson back, that will cure everything lmao 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm merely expressing my opinion and stating why, not looking for anyone to agree or caring if anyone agrees.

As typical, the thread gets derailed when I'm involved because people respond with smart aleck comments, and I don't back down from them.

You nitpick.

You get called out for nitpicking.

You get defensive.

• Like 1

Ballard has done a really good job, although if you look at our list of impending FA's, you can see there really are not many worth keeping.  Still very low on talent.

For sure need some star players to take us to the next level.  Personally I go after Bell and AB full force.  Bring them in and imo with the draft and other low level FA signings?

The Colts are SB favs next year.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

You are assuming that it was Ballard's personnel decisions that created achievement and not just getting Luck back healthy,  

He drafted two all pros as rookies for the first time in the modern era. Assuming means opinion. Factually his decisions listed this team. 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:18 AM, threeflight said:

Ballard has done a really good job, although if you look at our list of impending FA's, you can see there really are not many worth keeping.  Still very low on talent.

For sure need some star players to take us to the next level.  Personally I go after Bell and AB full force.  Bring them in and imo with the draft and other low level FA signings?

I guess you wasn't paying attention to Ballard when he mentioned he wanted team oriented players?

On 1/13/2019 at 11:18 AM, threeflight said:

You obviously haven't been paying attention.