Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Explain this.

Narcosys

How do the Chiefs go from being the most penalized team in the NFL by 14 flags, to only getting what...5 this game?

Hill was penalized in the rams game for giving a peace sign while running by a defender. Guess what he did in this game.

They had the most in passing downs with 16 holds, 14 PI, and 2 roughing the passer. Did they get a single one this game? No, but we all clearly saw at least two if not 3, in/near the endzone. Even Collinsworth said so, and that takes a lot when it comes to him and the Colts. There should have been a late hit on Luck, but no. 

So much for the league "strictly enforcing" illegal contact line they stated preseason. What's the point if you don't enforce it in the playoffs. 

Plus other penalties like holds and false starts that should have been called. Nvm the running into the kicker that wasn't.

Now clearly our offense was off, bit that's two 1st and goal on the 1, that we got shafted out of. 

Now I like to think the NFL is fair, but this really makes me doubt and confirm suspicions. Its been a long a time since I've seen officiating so atrocious.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Stop the complaining we did not deserve to win 

We deserved a fairly officiated game. One thing does not exclude the other. Meaning no matter how bad we played, it shouldnt affect the way the game is officiated.

• Like 7

The Colts offense didn't come to play.

Too many dropped passes (Ebron, Rogers) and mental mistakes (Ebron) on crucial third downs. Too many poor throws by Luck.

Leonard forced a fumble and recovered it at the 20-yard line. Luck fumbles it right back to the Chiefs.

There were a lot of issues in this game, including the refs, but we lost because we flat out sucked on offense. The defense wasn't great either, but they at least gave us a chance. I think a D-lineman just jumped off sides while I was typing this though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

The Colts offense didn't come to play.

Too many dropped passes (Ebron, Rogers) and mental mistakes (Ebron) on crucial third downs. Too many poor throws by Luck.

Leonard forced a fumble and recovered it at the 20-yard line. Luck fumbles it right back to the Chiefs.

There were a lot of issues in this game, including the refs, but we lost because we flat out sucked on offense. The defense wasn't great either, but they at least gave us a chance. I think a D-lineman just jumped off sides while I was typing this though.

What happens if we get those two endzone PIs? You dont think we run it in instead of missing a FG or punting? That makes it 27-31 at least. Little more fair calling and it should have been a game. I don't put it solely on the refs, but its 60-40 refs to me. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

We deserved a fairly officiated game. One thing does not exclude the other. Meaning no matter how bad we played, it shouldnt affect the way the game is officiated.

No but like my coach always told us, if you don’t want the refs to impact the outcome, don’t let it be a close match.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

How do the Chiefs go from being the most penalized team in the NFL by 14 flags, to only getting what...5 this game?

Hill was penalized in the rams game for giving a peace sign while running by a defender. Guess what he did in this game.

They had the most in passing downs with 16 holds, 14 PI, and 2 roughing the passer. Did they get a single one this game? No, but we all clearly saw at least two if not 3, in/near the endzone. Even Collinsworth said so, and that takes a lot when it comes to him and the Colts. There should have been a late hit on Luck, but no. 

So much for the league "strictly enforcing" illegal contact line they stated preseason. What's the point if you don't enforce it in the playoffs. 

Plus other penalties like holds and false starts that should have been called. Nvm the running into the kicker that wasn't.

Now clearly our offense was off, bit that's two 1st and goal on the 1, that we got shafted out of. 

Now I like to think the NFL is fair, but this really makes me doubt and confirm suspicions. Its been a long a time since I've seen officiating so atrocious.

Officiating had nothing to do with this loss.  The O could do nothing and that is on coaching and the players.  The Chiefs scored 17 points on their first 3 drives.....game over.

12 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

No doubt the refs favored the Chiefs this game.  Was pretty one sided.

Would it had made a difference if it had been more equal?

I don't think so.  I think the Chiefs could have won  by as much and as easily as they wanted to.

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

No but like my coach always told us, if you don’t want the refs to impact the outcome, don’t let it be a close match.

We'll you're coach was wrong. How do you score when the defense is allowed to pull and interfere the entire game? How are you able to stop them from scoring when the refs allow false starts and call it on the defense when they react? How does the defense stop them when they make up a penalty to give them the ball back such as the running into the kicker that should have been roughing at worst.

Refs can negate a perfect game if they so desire.

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

What happens if we get those two endzone PIs? You dont think we run it in instead of missing a FG or punting? That makes it 27-31 at least. Little more fair calling and it should have been a game. I don't put it solely on the refs, but its 60-40 refs to me. 

Sorry Narcosys, you might have to remind me of the 2 end zone PIs as I don't recall them at the moment.

Of course the officiating should be fair and impartial in every game. I don't think today's officiating was good, but I think we've had worse this year. I didn't think they were egregiously bad and I would be more inclined to point at the officiating if we were performing well and the refs called penalties to negate positive gains. What I saw was we were just playing really bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Officiating had nothing to do with this loss.  The O could do nothing and that is on coaching and the players.  The Chiefs scored 17 points on their first 3 drives.....game over.

Then you didn't watch the same game. Did you say the same thing in 14' when we were down by 28? What happened then? 

Just now, Narcosys said:

We'll you're coach was wrong. How do you score when the defense is allowed to pull and interfere the entire game? How are you able to stop them from scoring when the refs allow false starts and call it on the defense when they react? How does the defense stop them when they make up a penalty to give them the ball back such as the running into the kicker that should have been roughing at worst.

Refs can negate a perfect game if they so desire.

Those few incidents weren’t what beat the Colts. No we got beat because we played Kcs shoot out game. Had we stuck to our normal and what worked game plan, I think the outcome is reversed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Then you didn't watch the same game. Did you say the same thing in 14' when we were down by 28? What happened then? 

The Chiefs D was  lights out today.   The Chiefs just played way better than the Colts.  It happens.  They r more talented and had 2 weeks to prepare.  That is usually a recipe for success 

Just now, Flash7 said:

Sorry Narcosys, you might have to remind me of the 2 end zone PIs as I don't recall them at the moment.

Of course the officiating should be fair and impartial in every game. I don't think today's officiating was good, but I think we've had worse this year. I didn't think they were egregiously bad and I would be more inclined to point at the officiating if we were performing well and the refs called penalties to negate positive gains. What I saw was we were just playing really bad.

First one on Cox when the defender used him to platform up to block the ball and then in the 4th when the defender didn't turn his head and hit our receiver before the ball got there. Lastly the hold on pascal in the endzone in the 4th.

24 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Those few incidents weren’t what beat the Colts. No we got beat because we played Kcs shoot out game. Had we stuck to our normal and what worked game plan, I think the outcome is reversed. 

True, but those change the game entirely. If those were called, maybe we could have played our game.

How many games are officiated evenly? Honest question.

I think the point the OP is making can be said about every game since the start of football. Unless the officiating is egregiously one-sided (which I don't think this game was) it's just another poorly officiated game in a long list of games -- which all teams have to deal with.

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The Chiefs D was  lights out today.   The Chiefs just played way better than the Colts.  It happens.  They r more talented and had 2 weeks to prepare.  That is usually a recipe for success 

That has nothing to do with officiating.

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

First one on Cox when the defender used him to platform up to block the ball and then in the 4th when the defender didn't turn his head and hit our receiver before the ball got there. Lastly the hold on pascal in the endzone in the 4th.

Also the nonsense penalty on Smith on that nice 25 yd Mack run when we were trying to get back into it.

• Like 1

Just now, IinD said:

Also the nonsense penalty on Smith on that nice 25 yd Mack run when we were trying to get back into it.

This is the one that really stood out to me. Hated this call and is stalled a promising drive that the offense sorely needed.

The other one's seemed to be standard penalties or a "let 'em play because it's the playoffs" no calls.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

How many games are officiated evenly? Honest question.

I think the point the OP is making can be said about every game since the start of football. Unless the officiating is egregiously one-sided (which I don't think this game was) it's just another poorly officiated game in a long list of games -- which all teams have to deal with.

It wasn't even, bit even if it was, the penalties on us hurt more than those on the Chiefs. It was more about the non-calls. 

6 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

This is the one that really stood out to me. Hated this call and is stalled a promising drive that the offense sorely needed.

The other one's seemed to be standard penalties or a "let 'em play because it's the playoffs" no calls.

Sorry but I can't agree with it. Not saying you're wrong, saying I disagree with that way of officiating. Especially in playoffs and especially when they are so blatant.

Just now, Narcosys said:

Sorry but I can't agree with it. Not saying you're wrong, saying I disagree with that way of officiating. Especially in playoffs and especially when they are so blatant.

No worries, Narcosys. It's a message board and it's totally fine that we don't agree here.

I hate that we lost today, but stepping back and looking at the big picture, I see big things for the colts. I'm sure we can agree on that. :colts:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

The Chiefs fans were blasting this crew earlier in the week because when they played the Pats earlier in the year there were no accepted penalties against the Pats.  I'm guessing if you asked them now, they would say they called a good game. 

:sheepaid:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

This game felt like the early 2000s when the Colts played in New England in the playoffs......dbs allowed to be very grabby and some very questionable calls/ non calls.

Yes but unlike that game I don’t think they changed the outcome of the game.  Still unfortunate and shouldn’t be acceptable to the league but so far down the list of the reasons they lost I am not concerned about it.

47 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Last one was a bang bang play the ball hit the defender at the same time he hit the receiver 

Just now, Narcosys said:

When the defender doesn't get his head around it doesn't matter, automatic DPI.

Not always the case. The great defenders can defend sometimes with out looking for the ball. If the receiver hands are in position you can still defend the pass by putting your arm or hand right between his hands 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Not always the case. The great defenders can defend sometimes with out looking for the ball. If the receiver hands are in position you can still defend the pass by putting your arm or hand right between his hands 

We'll he isn't and he didn't.

The Colts played like crap today. Always hate to loose. But, why officiate in the playoffs any different than regular season? This let them play slogan is getting old. You either enforce the rules evenly or not at all. Colts most likely would have still lost today but, a well officiated game would be nice to see once in a while. Look at it this way. I would much rather loose to the Chiefs than go to foxburo and have the refs do what they always there.