Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ebron “We left it back in Indy, to be real with you.”

HOF19

Ebron may be a touchdown machine but that's it.  The guy only had 700 yards and dropped a mass of passes.  It's not like the Colts are going to sign him to a giant contract after 2019 when he may not even have as good of a season next year. 

He's no comparison to Ertz and Kelce, literally he doesn't hold a candle to them.  He had a great season but the guy has a long way to go to.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Ebron may be a touchdown machine but that's it.  The guy only had 700 yards and dropped a mass of passes.  It's not like the Colts are going to sign him to a giant contract after 2019 when he may not even have as good of a season next year. 

He's no comparison to Ertz and Kelce, literally he doesn't hold a candle to them.  He had a great season but the guy has a long way to go to.  

Ebron had a good season for the Colts. Yes, he had a ton of frustrating drops (including today) but I do think he was a great signing by Ballard. Overall, he came through for the Colts far more often than he disappointed.

Is he in the ballpark of Ertz or Kelce? NO. But he's still a good player, IMO.

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I didn’t like seeing the team giving up at the end of the game. No hustle, just total defeat. Sure the score would’ve been garbage time, but lord it looked bad to just stand there and let the clock die.

Luck was calling for the snap trying to get it.  Let’s not forget the backup center was in there.  They didn’t give up they just didn’t get the snap off in time.

4 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Ebron had a good season for the Colts. Yes, he had a ton of frustrating drops (including today) but I do think he was a great signing by Ballard. Overall, he came through for the Colts far more often than he disappointed.

Is he in the ballpark of Ertz or Kelce? NO. But he's still a good player, IMO.

Indeed, I do agree.  One of the best signings of the year.  I do think the Colts will part ways after next year however, which is not uncommon.  

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Indeed, I do agree.  One of the best signings of the year.  I do think the Colts will part ways after next year however, which is not uncommon.  

Hmmm....curious why you think that.

To me, the Colts might not be in a position to let him go. They are hoping for something from Swoope, Cox, and Ross Travis. None of them have shown anything, really.

Doyle is a good TE but no as explosive as Ebron down the field and not enough to feel comfortable letting go of/not re-signing Ebron.

1 hour ago, icf said:

might have helped had he caught the pass on the 3rd play of the game, and allowed them to get a 1st down on the opening series.

I went back and looked at the play over and over and it was an easy catch. Ebron got by with several drops this year but this one was huge. A first down would have got the blood flowing and warm up the bodies a little and took some pressure off the offense. I couldn't agree more with your comment or your observation. The drop set the tone for the offense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Hilton said:

I went back and looked at the play over and over and it was an easy catch. Ebron got by with several drops this year but this one was huge. A first down would have got the blood flowing and warm up the bodies a little and took some pressure off the offense. I couldn't agree more with your comment or your observation. The drop set the tone for the offense.

Bad drop no question and it really hurt.  Wasn’t his first and won’t be his last.  I am still willing to put up with them if he can catch 13 TDS a year.

It was a drop, but it was one bad play in a sea of bad plays.  How many good plays did we have, 5-6?

It just wasn't our day.  I didn't walk away from it feeling like we were dominated.  It wasn't like losing to New England 45-7, where you feel completely outclassed.  It was mostly us.   We just didn't have it.  Strange game.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Hmmm....curious why you think that.

To me, the Colts might not be in a position to let him go. They are hoping for something from Swoope, Cox, and Ross Travis. None of them have shown anything, really.

Doyle is a good TE but no as explosive as Ebron down the field and not enough to feel comfortable letting go of/not re-signing Ebron.

I personally do not think he will be the same next year.  Thirteen touchdowns is hard to match, I do think he may hold the yardage however.  Perhaps around 700-800 yards with 6-8 TDs, especially with Doyle being back.  After that I personally think he's going to want top TE pay.  

I also do not think Ebron is explosive, at all.  He's a big red zone threat but that's it.

In all honesty he wasn't much of an impact in the playoffs with 77 yards and 1 TD.  

6 minutes ago, #12. said:

It was a drop, but it was one bad play in a sea of bad plays.  How many good plays did we have, 5-6?

It just wasn't our day.  I didn't walk away from it feeling like we were dominated.  It wasn't like losing to New England 45-7, where you feel completely outclassed.  It was mostly us.   We just didn't have it.  Strange game.

I’ll agree it wasn’t our day but I’ll give all the credit in the world to KC.  They played a great game and were extremely well prepared.  I understand wanting to focus on what the Colts did wrong and they did a lot wrong but KC deserves a lot of credit tonight.

• Like 1

Colts pretty much abandoned the run after the first TD. They could have run on the Chiefs if  they stayed with it.

Kudos to the Chiefs. Thet played well and Andy Reid had a good game plan.

A lot Colts just didn’t show up today, including #12. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, #12. said:

It definitely felt like that.

45 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

No joke I really hope Ballard finds a way to bring in that Chris Jones character! He is a monster out there!

We definitely need an interior monster. We did meet a Ferrari tonight.

And Mahomes is Incredible, in a league of his own. With nice nice weapons.