Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ebron “We left it back in Indy, to be real with you.”

HOF19

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Yeah but they had 52 sacks and that's a ton...

Their season stats were misleading..obviously

I guess, but we held them at 24 for a while we did nothing to chip away at the lead.

On the Vinny miss, they have to get a TD on that drive, especially at the 5yd line. That one hurt.

Pretty difficult to be at your best for 12 weeks in row. A lot of finger pointers on here when no one knows what goes on in a locker room. People that are on the outside have all the answers. Take a breather and remember all the good stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's not a terrible 'D'...we faced

True. I called into the sports talk radio show and told them that the Chiefs benched Scandrick and Parker in favor of youth and more speed because they were getting eaten up in the secondary. They showcased it against Seattle but RW made several thread-the-needle throws on SNF and his WRs made phenomenal catches. Then they continued that vs the Raiders and crushed them. I told the radio host I wasn’t confident our WRs would beat that man coverage speed with a hobbled TY throughout the game, something we caught a glimpse of in the second half of Texans playoff game.

When the 2006 Colts made adjustments to put Rob Morris strong side with Sanders back, the run D improved considerably. But then a lazy observer continued to say “but, but...they were dead last in rush D” but we knew. Similarly Chiefs fans knew the difference plus home cooking plus being counted out due to past history all led them to playing like hell raisers!!!

The lazy guys can continue to say “but, but...they were last in yardage”. Our own 2006 Colts should have made us know better.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Delusional. That defense was bad luck just played terribly. Played scared honestly.

Regular season QB. 

You realize how many of those yards came in garbage time? Pretty much every game they’ve played with a big lead. 

1 minute ago, MightyLucks said:

You realize how many of those yards came in garbage time? Pretty much every game they’ve played with a big lead. 

Not sure what you are saying..... the Chiefs D was bad, you don't suck purely because you score on offense.....  our D in the Manning years was much the same, they had good pressure numbers, but the D blew * as a whole.... KC is much the same, it's been proven over 16 games...... our O was that craptastic today, Luck was never really much after he got planted the first time, which is COMPLETELY uncharacteristic for him, and alarming to me at least.... Dud short armed a TON of throws after that.....

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

Not sure what you are saying..... the Chiefs D was bad, you don't suck purely because you score on offense.....  our D in the Manning years was much the same, they had good pressure numbers, but the D blew * as a whole.... KC is much the same, it's been proven over 16 games...... our O was that craptastic today, Luck was never really much after he got planted the first time, which is COMPLETELY uncharacteristic for him, and alarming to me at least.... Dud short armed a TON of throws after that.....

We see it every game when a team goes up big. The defense goes conservative and the other team piles up yards. That defense gives up 18 at home. Top five in sacks and turnovers. They aren’t terrible. 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is what happens when your team is so young. The dancing and all the celebrating after the Houston game shows that. This will humble them and they will grow from this.

Agree.  I cringed everytime the D got an interception and went down to the endzone for a pic.

If I was the coach I would stop that.

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Yeah Luck looked like there rookie and Mahomes looked like a 10 year guy. I love AL and this teams future, but he should have used his legs to keep some drives alive. 

That D wasn't great, our O couldn't move the ball at all. We had 0 first downs for the first half I think (maybe 1??), that's not acceptable unless you're playing a team that's a known defensive team (Ravens).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

We see it every game when a team goes up big. The defense goes conservative and the other team piles up yards. That defense gives up 18 at home. Top five in sacks and turnovers. They aren’t terrible. 

That Defense didn't give up a majority of scores when they were way ahead, that Defense barely hung on in a TON of shootouts this year.....  there's a substantial difference.

8 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Also, What in GAWDS name happened to our OL?  They collectively strained their uterus' today.....

Well everyone in the media said the Colts O line was going to push round the Chiefs D line. The Chiefs D line I would imagine listens to the news.  They took it personal I think and showed everyone they were wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Yeah Luck looked like there rookie and Mahomes looked like a 10 year guy. I love AL and this teams future, but he should have used his legs to keep some drives alive. 

That D wasn't great, our O couldn't move the ball at all. We had 0 first downs for the first half I think (maybe 1??), that's not acceptable unless you're playing a team that's a known defensive team (Ravens).

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Do  stop and think that was because of their D. Their d line ate our oline.

KC has only allowed 18 pts per game at home.  Luck needs more weopons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well everyone in the media said the Colts O line was going to push round the Chiefs D line. The Chiefs D line I would imagine listens to the news.  They took it personal I think and showed everyone they were wrong.

I guess, but damn, they must have ignored the media until this week  lol

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Do  stop and think that was because of their D. Their d line ate our oline.

KC has only allowed 18 pts per game at home.  Luck needs more weopons.

I agree he needs more weapons, but thinking their D is anything above mid grade at best is a stretch.  the numbers just dont bear it out.  their D played way above their norm, way above.  what they did today, vs giving up 18 a game, at home, is a HUGE gulf.....  they played out of their minds, and our O crapped themselves..... the result, was this.....

Bottom line, beaten by a better team. As Chad72 stated, we all seen this game before with our 06 colts. A team that was one of the best in the league all year and still reminded the last 2 weeks how bad their D was. They played with a chip and plainly wanted it more. As far as Luck goes, will admit the low balls have been somewhat concerning during the season and even more so today. It is a bit confusing because at times he seems to drive the ball. The short passes are the ones that seem to knuckle on him. I tend to think it may be a throwing motion issue and nothing more. I also have to remind myself how far he has come and another offseason may be what is needed. Overall, ecstatic about the future of this team! Proud of what the whole team accomplished this year. Remember, we weren't supposed to be here this year!

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Eric, when it was 7-0, you missed the catch for the first down on our first series.  Then it was 14-0. 

Catch the first ball that was thrown to you and we may have shown some spark.

Yeah that first three-and-out really set the tone.

We get that first first down, march down and make it 7-0 Colts...

We could've had a game.

• Like 1