The Colts had a hell of a season. Coming back from 1-5 early on to being in the playoffs and even getting past the wildcard round is tremendous. Sure, tonight’s game was a downer, and we certainly didn’t play anything near mistake free ball, but what it did show us is where we need changes this offseason. 

1) We need a WR badly. We had a ton of dropped passes, and even though it’s cold, KC didn’t have this problem, so why should we. TY Hilton can’t do everything, especially when he’s hurt. This position needs an overhaul aside from Hilton. 

2) We need an Interior defensive lineman. We were constantly bullied between the tackles in the run game, so we need someone inside who can stuff that run and also create pressure from the 3-tech. Good news, though! This draft class is chock full of these types of players, so we can definitely fill that need there. 

3) We need a LB that can cover athletic TEs. As much as I love Leonard, at times he is a coverage liability. We need a speedy LB who can come in for passing downs and take away the middle of the field. 

4) Our pass defense in general. Our corners were torched on in routes repeatedly. I’m proud of how well the group performed this season, but let’s be honest, none of them could even develop into lockdown players on the outside. We need to bring someone in to help there. 

Overall, this season made me proud to be a Colts fan. We found an amazing coach, brought in some key players for seasons to come, and every player on this team played with a passion. I can’t wait until the offseason officially starts, and then once we make the Super Bowl next season of course! Go Colts!

:coltshelmet:

• Like 2

I'm hoping/expecting the Colts sign a free agent WR. I don't think it's so much that they need to get someone who is a Pro-Bowl WR but they need someone who is reliable. Add another reliable option with Hilton and Inman (hopefully he is re-signed) and that position should be much better. Plus, draft one (though I don't think it needs to be in an early round) and have Cain come back.

Doyle will be back too. He is another reliable receiving option. That will help too.

On defense they need to find another great player - regardless of position. They have one in Leonard but need another.

Hopefully we see a lot of improvement from Turay next season. Lewis staying healthy/improving will be big too.

I could be wrong but I think those expecting Ballard to bring in a lockdown corner will be disappointed. That really isn't what this defense calls for. That isn't to say they can't find better cornerbacks but the biggest improvement from that group will come from more pass rush.

WarGhost21, I have wondered about your #3 point a lot lately. I honestly wonder if it would be better to find a big Strong Safety and convert him to MLB. 

I agree with every point you made. Whether those players come through the draft or by FA..

Would the 2 2nd round picks get us into the first round if we traded our first for AB?

Just musing...

29 minutes ago, Maniac said:

Would the 2 2nd round picks get us into the first round if we traded our first for AB?

Just musing...

:wall:

Couldn’t agree more with you on our needs this offseason @WarGhost21

Really want Ballard to find a stud at both DT and WR early in the draft. 

And I wonder if he’ll spend a bit more this year in free agency. 

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Couldn’t agree more with you on our needs this offseason @WarGhost21

Really want Ballard to find a stud at both DT and WR early in the draft. 

And I wonder if he’ll spend a bit more this year in free agency. 

I'm in the 'don't splurge for big names' camp, but with all the extra picks and money, we can definitely go after one high profile guy and not have it effect our cap space too much.

*cough* Landon Collins *cough* 

What I find amusing as soon as we have success after building this team through the draft and not wasting money in free agency we immediately want to abandon everything we have been doing the past two years to get to this point to change course and do the opposite. Why?!! Just keep doing what we are doing...it’s working and we are getting better...why change the plan now?!! Trust the process!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

What I find amusing as soon as we have success after building this team through the draft and not wasting money in free agency we immediately want to abandon everything we have been doing the past two years to get to this point to change course and do the opposite. Why?!! Just keep doing what we are doing...it’s working and we are getting better...why change the plan now?!! Trust the process!

I never once said to go out and spend a ton of money. Everything a spoke about related to the draft or getting mid-tier free agents