Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucky Colts Fan

Thanks Everyone!

Recommended Posts

What a season!  I know it didn't end the way we all wanted, but the journey was better than most of us expected.

 

THANK YOU to everyone that made this season enjoyable!

 

I'm extremely optimistic about the future of the Colts.  We're in good hands.  Let's have a good off-season and keep getting better!

 

:clover::colts::clover:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The future is bright. 

 

Let's use tonight as motivation for next year. We were close, but still a long way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great run. If u said in July, Colts playing division playoff game, we all would have taken that. All the blowhards picked team last and maybe 4 to 6 wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a rebuilding year, we definitely exceeded expectations by heading to the AFC Divisional round. Injuries have cost us during the second half of the year, but it is hard not to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

What a season!  I know it didn't end the way we all wanted, but the journey was better than most of us expected.

 

THANK YOU to everyone that made this season enjoyable!

 

I'm extremely optimistic about the future of the Colts.  We're in good hands.  Let's have a good off-season and keep getting better!

 

:clover::colts::clover:

Agreed.... we have a great young nucleus of talent, an excellent GM and a good coaching staff.

 

Couple this year’s progress with a pile of cap space and another good draft, and we will be set up for a sustainable run of success.:thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope Ballard actually spends on top players and not from trash heap. Really need a strong number 2 WR and pass rusher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From owner, to GM, to coaches and players, the Colts have a bright future.

 

I'll get over this loss much better knowing that we will come back stronger next year. This is just the beginning folks -- get ready for a lot more playoff games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Hope Ballard actually spends on top players and not from trash heap. Really need a strong number 2 WR and pass rusher.

 

His track record, even in a stort spell, should tell you we are in good hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Thanks for a great season Colts, much more than any of us expected and i am freaking out about the future. Congrats to Ballard and Irsay for what seemingly is a huge turnaround for this team. Props to Reich on 11 wins in his first year as a head coach.

 

Lets get healthy and kill this offseason and draft. Next year the Colts are making a big splash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it's a small consolation, but at least we didn't get our souls crushed in a blowout in Foxboro again this year... that might have been unbearable.

 

:dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a great year, and the team doesn't have any reason to hang their heads.

 

Lots better than last year, 4-12, fired coach, bad roster, wondering if the Golden Boy will ever play again, and counting the days until the Combine.

 

We did good, lads.  Go home.  Stay warm.  Take a few days off.  Come back next week for end of season meetings.  And go have yourselves a good offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

And it's a small consolation, but at least we didn't get our souls crushed in a blowout in Foxboro again this year... that might have been unbearable.

 

:dunno:

It will be bitter sweet IMO if the Luck "era" Colts don't get a win against BB and Brady before they retire. A playoff win would be prefered lol, maybe next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys imagine if we finished 5-11 or 8-8 as was predicted. I feel like spending an hour collecting the pre season targets posted on this forum. If anyone had a target of finishing with a record of 10-6 and then losing to the no. 1 seed in the playoffs they would have been told to be realistic. What was achieved this season was phenomenal!

 

Were in a rebuild with a rookie coaching staff, a QB coming off a career threatening injury and a team largely full of rookies.

 

We need to keep perspective! Our GM is a stud and a HC creating a powerful culture.

I believe our future is bright. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, IrishColt said:

Guys imagine if we finished 5-11 or 8-8 as was predicted. I feel like spending an hour collecting the pre season targets posted on this forum. If anyone had a target of finishing with a record of 10-6 and then losing to the no. 1 seed in the playoffs they would have been told to be realistic. What was achieved this season was phenomenal!

 

Were in a rebuild with a rookie coaching staff, a QB coming off a career threatening injury and a team largely full of rookies.

 

We need to keep perspective! Our GM is a stud and a HC creating a powerful culture.

I believe our future is bright. 

True.  I think we just got a bit overhyped for this.  We are a very good team but we need to be firing on all cylinders all the time to hang with the big boys like KC, and it didn't happen today unfortunately.  

 

With another good draft and spending that pile of cap money we should field a better team next year.  Should be better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Lucky, glad we have posters like you to be honest. 

 

I’d also like to take this time and apologize for getting upset in the game day thread. I hate when we lose... A lot. 

 

Still, a lot of good things came from this season. I really hope this is finally the last time we get blown out in the playoffs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

And it's a small consolation, but at least we didn't get our souls crushed in a blowout in Foxboro again this year... that might have been unbearable.

 

:dunno:

Yeah. I live near Foxboro so that may have been worse personally.  This team went far beyond what I expected this year.  The future is bright.  

 

It all depends on Cain returning  (just kidding)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

And it's a small consolation, but at least we didn't get our souls crushed in a blowout in Foxboro again this year... that might have been unbearable.

 

:dunno:

:facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumour is Chiefs may not franchise D Ford.  Let the off  season begin haha

  It was a great ride.  This game showed us what we need to work on.  I have  faith in Ballard and Reich.  I bet they will b in the office  first thing tomorrow working on the draft and who they want to pick up in free agency. 2 classy and hard working guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Rumour is Chiefs may not franchise D Ford.  Let the off  season begin haha

  It was a great ride.  This game showed us what we need to work on.  I have  faith in Ballard and Reich.  I bet they will b in the office  first thing tomorrow working on the draft and who they want to pick up in free agency. 2 classy and hard working guys.

Let's just hope some difference makers get free in FA.  D Ford would be great so would F. Clark. We could use a break in the ER market.  Then they can spend some of that cap space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

Definitely been a fun season to watch with all the ups and downs! 

 

More ups than expected and fewer downs than expected.

 

The arrow is definitely pointing up for the Colts.

 

:rock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a fantastic season. It didn't end well but I am ok with losing in the Playoffs when you lose to a team that is simply better on the road. We weren't favored to beat KC so it wasn't even a choke either. I do not recall anyone in here or anyone in the media that picked us to make the Elite 8 before the season - perspective. I am always positive and optimistic and I had us only going 9-7 before the season and maybe making a 6th Seed. The Colts even out did what I expected by winning 10 and a Playoff game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This was a fantastic season. It didn't end well but I am ok with losing in the Playoffs when you lose to a team that is simply better on the road. We weren't favored to beat KC so it wasn't even a choke either. I do not recall anyone in here or anyone in the media that picked us to make the Elite 8 before the season - perspective.

 

:agree:  Amen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most fun season in a long time and the loss doesn't change anything.  In fact I'm not too bummed even after that game.  I cannot wait til next season! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...