threeflight

Comprehensive Quick thoughts on the Chiefs-Colts and the future....

Recommended Posts

Reich was really outcoached today.  I hated that he gave up on the run when it was there.  That was our shot to win and Reich just more or less said no thanks.  Really hard to explain.

 

Luck was horrible.  Not sure what is going on but he has not played well since about week 13 imo.  I said it last week, I said it many times today....he is guiding the ball.  Not throwing it. The thing is I see him sling it at times, like the end of the first half and towards the end of the game, so I really don't think it was physical.  I think mentally he is regressing.  He shrinks (literally) at times when he is throwing it and the ball motion is that of a girl.  I think the coaches should be as aggressive as they can be with him this off season.  Get back to him running the ball and have him just throw the ball with a fluid and free motion rather than pointing and guiding it.  Many of the commentators today said the same.

 

The D played well.  I can't complain a bit about it.  They held KC to a decent amount of points.  Obviously they need some upgrades but the D did not lose this game.

 

Coaches...where in the heck was Hines???

 

 

AV needs to go.  Thanks for everything.  I said it last week in the kickers thread, but cutting Badgley could be a huge mistake. He looks like the real deal with the Chargers.

 

If anything, I hope this game accelerates CB's rebuilding plan.  The Colts are close.  Closer than I think he ever thought they would be.  Spending money this offseason, and bringing in the twins of Bell and AB?  Along with a good draft?

 

Colts win it all next year.


The time is now.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Reich was really outcoached today.  I hated that he gave up on the run when it was there.  That was our shot to win and Reich just more or less said no thanks.  Really hard to explain.

 

Luck was horrible.  Not sure what is going on but he has not played well since about week 13 imo.  I said it last week, I said it many times today....he is guiding the ball.  Not throwing it. The thing is I see him sling it at times, like the end of the first half and towards the end of the game, so I really don't think it was physical.  I think mentally he is regressing.  He shrinks (literally) at times when he is throwing it and the ball motion is that of a girl.  I think the coaches should be as aggressive as they can be with him this off season.  Get back to him running the ball and have him just throw the ball with a fluid and free motion rather than pointing and guiding it.  Many of the commentators today said the same.

 

The D played well.  I can't complain a bit about it.  They held KC to a decent amount of points.  Obviously they need some upgrades but the D did not lose this game.

 

Coaches...where in the heck was Hines???

 

 

AV needs to go.  Thanks for everything.  I said it last week in the kickers thread, but cutting Badgley could be a huge mistake. He looks like the real deal with the Chargers.

 

If anything, I hope this game accelerates CB's rebuilding plan.  The Colts are close.  Closer than I think he ever thought they would be.  Spending money this offseason, and bringing in the twins if Bell and AB?  Along with a good draft?

 

Colts win it all next year.


The time is now.

 

 

 

This game wiill do jack to his "TeamBuilding" plan. He and his staff are 4 steps and as many levels ahead of anyone here.
You lost respect thinking he would lower his values for either of those two.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

This game wiill do jack to his "TeamBuilding" plan. He and his staff are 4 steps and as many levels ahead of anyone here.
You lost respect thinking he would lower his values for either of those two.

Bell can be signed and not hurt the Colts salary cap at all.

 

AB can be gotten for a 2nd I am guessing.  The 2nd the Colts got last year from the Jets.  You are telling me you wouldn't take AB for that????

 

Cmon.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW I forgot to add I thought the OL played ok.

 

I think a big problem was either Luck was holding onto the ball too long or the WRs were not getting open.  But Luck had time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say the D played well.  The ease with which the Chiefs scored on their first two drives set the tone for the game.  The Colts were prepared to grind it out in the snow, but that went out the window in no time.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the good news is I doubt our coaching staff will get poached anymore after performances like that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reich was not out coached. The plays were there, they just were not executed well at all. The defense stepped up and was managed well.

 

You can't necessarily run much when your down 17.

 

Luck is not what he was, and he has never been a great post season qb. We will have the manning years all over again. Plus I think we've seen the best of Luck. I've been worried for a bit that we wasted our best opportunity with him. He throws too many short balls on both deep and short routes. He's different and its permanent.

 

I really would not mind trading luck and keeping brissett. Extreme I know. But we have something in him.

  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh. 

  

We played awful.  

 

Sucked just about everywhere.  

I do not like our zone defense against good quarterbacks, but it is what it is.  

  

Offense just didn't show up.  

  

Forget about it. Sign/draft a playmaker.    

 

We look to be very good next season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Narcosys said:

Reich was not out coached. The plays were there, they just were not executed well at all. The defense stepped up and was managed well.

 

You can't necessarily run much when your down 17.

 

Luck is not what he was, and he has never been a great post season qb. We will have the manning years all over again. Plus I think we've seen the best of Luck. I've been worried for a bit that we wasted our best opportunity for a bit. He throws too many short balls. He's different and its permanent.

 

I really would not mind trading luck and keeping brissett.

I disagree bro.

 

I thought the coaching staff called a poor game.

 

I saw none of the innovation and gadgetry that Reich is supposed to famous for.  Hines was a non factor.  I didn't see any trick plays or plays that caught the Chiefs off guard.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, threeflight said:

BTW I forgot to add I thought the OL played ok.

 

I think a big problem was either Luck was holding onto the ball too long or the WRs were not getting open.  But Luck had time.

 

I couldn't tell if Luck played poorly or not.  It just seemed he never really had a chance.  Ebron drops it on one 3rd down and doesn't get to the sticks on another.  Luck's passes are being batted down left and right.  Then, in the 2nd half with a big lead, they were teeing off and in his face all night.

 

Strange game.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dude couldn't wait to write this.. Lol.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank said it best last week, you win post season games by winning up front.

 

KC won up front on both sides of the ball and that was the biggest difference in the game.

 

The Colts flaws were unmasked today.  They need another playmaker on offense at the WR position.

 

They need another linebacker, hopefully one who can cover tight ends.

 

They still desperately need a pass rusher.

 

They really missed Hooker today.  

 

The Colts got caught out of position today several times.  That’s something that should improve as their younger guys get more experience.

 

They were undisplined with stupid pentalies, how many times can one team jump off sides in a game?

 

Other things went wrong too.

 

The play calling was odd at times.  For example early in the game the Colts has a third and short and lined up with an empty backfield when its known the Chiefs weak point coming into the game is stopping the run.  I don’t mind calling pass there but at least keep a running back in there to keep them honest.

 

Luck was off which means he played the last game and a half of the season being off.  Disappointing to see but I don’t think it’s a reason to panic.

 

TY’s injuries caught up to him.

 

I am normally the guy to say don’t panic about Adam but today’s performance followed a season with more moments from Adam than I can remember.  I am not saying you don’t bring him back but I think you have to think about it long and hard.

 

I will say you have to give credit to the Chiefs.  Their defense played a hell of a game.  Also Mahomes is the real deal.  Credit to them.  They were prepared and excuted a great game.  I’ll be pulling for them next week rather they play the Pats or Chargers.

 

As for the future it’s bright.  This is a young team that should get better.  I just hope they didn’t get too ahead of schedule, as we saw that really hurt Pagano and Grigson’s Colts.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

Reich was not out coached. The plays were there, they just were not executed well at all. The defense stepped up and was managed well.

 

You can't necessarily run much when your down 17.

 

Luck is not what he was, and he has never been a great post season qb. We will have the manning years all over again. Plus I think we've seen the best of Luck. I've been worried for a bit that we wasted our best opportunity for a bit. He throws too many short balls. He's different and its permanent.

 

I really would not mind trading luck and keeping brissett.

 

 

I think Luck will always be a really good qb the way he is but I think at this point, unless he changes his mind set.....that is all he might end up being.  Which is ok.  You can win with that.  But can you get more for him via trade and play Brisset?  Hard to say.  I think his mind and psyche has mentally regressed bigtime though, and if he is ever to make the next step that needs to change.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It ended up looking like a 1 vs 6 so I'm not devastated.

 

D played well regardless of what happened. The O did ZERO to help them today.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry you guys had to join me in waiting for 2019. I will be rooting against the Patriots and Eagles going forward.  Just shows you how hard it is to win a Super Bowl. You need to

be good, and some good fortune also. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Mr. Obvious' says

If we're going to be a speed-based team (and we are) . we really need to get home field in the playoffs..

 

It means more to us than it does to a team like the Eagles and Ravens who are used to playing on slow  tracks and in bad weather

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, #12. said:

 

I couldn't tell if Luck played poorly or not.  It just seemed he never really had a chance.  Ebron drops it on one 3rd down and doesn't get to the sticks on another.  Luck's passes are being batted down left and right.  Then, in the 2nd half with a big lead, they were teeing off and in his face all night.

 

Strange game.  

The passes being batted down are part of Luck's weak play.  He shrinks, as in crouches, when he throws it under 10 yards as of late.  Also why many of his passes are short.  No arm motion.  No fluidness.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Frank said it best last week, you win post season games by winning up front.

 

KC won up front on both sides of the ball and that was the biggest difference in the game.

 

The Colts flaws were unmasked today.  They need another playmaker on offense at the WR position.

 

They need another linebacker, hopefully one who can cover tight ends.

 

They still desperately need a pass rusher.

 

They really missed Hooker today.  

 

The Colts got caught out of position today several times.  That’s something that should improve as their younger guys get more experience.

 

They were undisplined with stupid pentalies, how many times can one team jump off sides in a game?

 

Other things went wrong too.

 

The play calling was odd at times.  For example early in the game the Colts has a third and short and lined up with an empty backfield when its known the Chiefs weak point coming into the game is stopping the run.  I don’t mind calling pass there but at least keep a running back in there to keep them honest.

 

Luck was off which means he played the last game and a half of the season being off.  Disappointing to see but I don’t think it’s a reason to panic.

 

TY’s injuries caught up to him.

 

I am normally the guy to say don’t panic about Adam but today’s performance followed a season with more moments from Adam than I can remember.  I am not saying you don’t bring him back but I think you have to think about it long and hard.

 

I will say you have to give credit to the Chiefs.  Their defense played a hell of a game.  Also Mahomes is the real deal.  Credit to them.  They were prepared and excuted a great game.  I’ll be pulling for them next week rather they play the Pats or Chargers.

 

As for the future it’s bright.  This is a young team that should get better.  I just hope they didn’t get too ahead of schedule, as we saw that really hurt Pagano and Grigson’s Colts.

 

A1 post.  Agree with all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

The passes being batted down are part of Luck's weak play.  He shrinks, as in crouches, when he throws it under 10 yards as of late.  Also why many of his passes are short.  No arm motion.  No fluidness.

 

 

He  did that all year.....and it more than fine

12 minutes ago, #12. said:

I can't say the D played well.  The ease with which the Chiefs scored on their first two drives set the tone for the game.  The Colts were prepared to grind it out in the snow, but that went out the window in no time.

 

 

Exactly right...12...…..exactly what we did to Tennessee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Reich was really outcoached today.  I hated that he gave up on the run when it was there.  That was our shot to win and Reich just more or less said no thanks.  Really hard to explain.

 

Luck was horrible.  Not sure what is going on but he has not played well since about week 13 imo.  I said it last week, I said it many times today....he is guiding the ball.  Not throwing it. The thing is I see him sling it at times, like the end of the first half and towards the end of the game, so I really don't think it was physical.  I think mentally he is regressing.  He shrinks (literally) at times when he is throwing it and the ball motion is that of a girl.  I think the coaches should be as aggressive as they can be with him this off season.  Get back to him running the ball and have him just throw the ball with a fluid and free motion rather than pointing and guiding it.  Many of the commentators today said the same.

 

The D played well.  I can't complain a bit about it.  They held KC to a decent amount of points.  Obviously they need some upgrades but the D did not lose this game.

 

Coaches...where in the heck was Hines???

 

 

AV needs to go.  Thanks for everything.  I said it last week in the kickers thread, but cutting Badgley could be a huge mistake. He looks like the real deal with the Chargers.

 

If anything, I hope this game accelerates CB's rebuilding plan.  The Colts are close.  Closer than I think he ever thought they would be.  Spending money this offseason, and bringing in the twins of Bell and AB?  Along with a good draft?

 

Colts win it all next year.


The time is now.

 

 

They don't need Diva's they need football players. People who don't complain just do their jobs recievers and pass rush is priority number 1 this offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I disagree bro.

 

I thought the coaching staff called a poor game.

 

I saw none of the innovation and gadgetry that Reich is supposed to famous for.  Hines was a non factor.  I didn't see any trick plays or plays that caught the Chiefs off guard.

Because we didn't need them. Our receivers couldn't catch or luck just couldn't throw, more so the latter. You dont need trickery when you execute well, and if you dont excuse the basic, how do they expect to execute the advanced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, threeflight said:

 

 

I think Luck will always be a really good qb the way he is but I think at this point, unless he changes his mind set.....that is all he might end up being.  Which is ok.  You can win with that.  But can you get more for him via trade and play Brisset?  Hard to say.  I think his mind and psyche has mentally regressed bigtime though, and if he is ever to make the next step that needs to change.

 

Eh, I rarely agree with you, but I see no reason to call names.....  Everyone needs some time off right now, thus, my edit....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

 

You have thoroughly established yourself this year as either a really bad troll, a hype sold fan, or not all that bright....

So you thought Luck played well today and has played well since the Jags game?

 

Because he hasn't.

 

If Luck plays at an All Pro level last week the Colts win 42-7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, Luck sucked.  I said it all game long in the chat..... but I haven't advocated signing, trading for, or otherwise bringing in every "name" player regardless of any thought...... and against all notion of reality...... but hey, that's just me...... sure, roll with Brissett and trade Luck,  if you think he's damaged goods, what GM will give you more than he would for Brissett?  lmao

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great season, thanks for the ride this year.  This game shows us how far this team is from making the final step. This time of year better talent normally wins out. And that is what happen tonight.

It is very apparent that TY is really the only wr on this team. Luck had no one to throw to (TY was hurt--but gave all he had), the pass rush was very absent. This team is a number one WR, DE, and a strong safety away. One thing this management did was improve the bottom half of this roster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

So you thought Luck played well today and has played well since the Jags game?

 

Because he hasn't.

 

If Luck plays at an All Pro level last week the Colts win 42-7.

I honestly just don't understand your takes.  You look way too old in your pic to be confused by crap like Madden ratings and trades..... yet you advocate minutes ago trading a 2nd pick in rd 2,  for an aging, albeit talented, WR....... yeah, way to build a team......  surely we can get better return for investment, hell you want Brissett and AB next year..... kill me now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some need to remember this was a 4-12 team last year.  This was an AMAZING season.  The future is bright.  Was today’s loss ugly?  Yes but most playoff loses are.  If they were pretty then your team would probably win.  Don’t judge the whole year or the future on today alone.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, #12. said:

 

I couldn't tell if Luck played poorly or not.  It just seemed he never really had a chance.  Ebron drops it on one 3rd down and doesn't get to the sticks on another.  Luck's passes are being batted down left and right.  Then, in the 2nd half with a big lead, they were teeing off and in his face all night.

 

Strange game.  

It seemed to me that the team wasn't prepared for the cold and snowy weather. They came out stiff and sluggish. This may have contributed to Luck's poor performance, as well as Ebron's.  IIRC, Jeff Saturday used to practice by putting his hands in cold water to prepare for these kinds of conditions.

 

Autry was just plain out of control. He needs to find a safe place for his emotions on another team.

 

But the Colt's had a great run. There's a lot to build on!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The overreaction is strong in this thread. Luck played a bad game after having the best year of his career and played great just one week ago and now he should be traded? Yep, sounds legit.

 

Sometimes you just get whooped by a better team, it happens.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, threeflight said:

 

 

I think Luck will always be a really good qb the way he is but I think at this point, unless he changes his mind set.....that is all he might end up being.  Which is ok.  You can win with that.  But can you get more for him via trade and play Brisset?  Hard to say.  I think his mind and psyche has mentally regressed bigtime though, and if he is ever to make the next step that needs to change.

I think you could free up more space, double down on some 1st and 2nd rd picks for two years and have a QB with something to prove, accuracy, legs, and arm strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

The overreaction is strong in this thread. Luck played a bad game after having the best year of his career and played great just one week ago and now he should be traded? Yep, sounds legit.

 

Sometimes you just get whooped by a better team, it happens.

Now to be fair, this isn't the first time I, or others, have said it. I said it before he was out for a session and a half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot all about the ignore feature....... solved my problem for the offseason and next year just like that!  Hope Ballard gets all his answers that quickly! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I honestly just don't understand your takes.  You look way too old in your pic to be confused by crap like Madden ratings and trades..... yet you advocate minutes ago trading a 2nd pick in rd 2,  for an aging, albeit talented, WR....... yeah, way to build a team......  surely we can get better return for investment, hell you want Brissett and AB next year..... kill me now.

Antonio Brown has been the best WR in football for the past how many years?  One of the best I have ever seen.

 

I would have zero issues trading a 2nd for him.  Cmon man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck is to nice of a guy to win it all he does not have that killer attitude.I do not think he will ever get us to the final dance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like your defense . Good speed and personnel. The offensive line made big strides this year. You have 9 draft picks , and have a pile of cash . Luck had a great year, but the performance against the Chiefs was a little worrisome. He is 30 and in his prime, but maybe his arm/ shoulder got a little tired at the end of the year. Ballard has made some great picks , and Reich did an overall excellent job. I believe the future is promising. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

The overreaction is strong in this thread. Luck played a bad game after having the best year of his career and played great just one week ago and now he should be traded? Yep, sounds legit.

 

Sometimes you just get whooped by a better team, it happens.

I'm fine with Luck throwing the ball with zing and being free flowing, as in fluidly and the way an NFL qb should and just being off target.

 

However that was not Luck today and has not been for a while now.  His entire throwing motion and stance when throwing has been way off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.